SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?)
Page 1 ... 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 ... 298
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?) Login/Join 
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by h2oys:
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:

h2oys, very nice. I just finished a bottle, I have four left Big Grin

This is my very first bottle. We were driving through KY and my wife told me I should stop by BT. I almost didn't, but, we did and we were able to buy 2 bottles that day.

We can't even find regular BT in St. Louis let alone Eagle Rare.

I found it to be very smooth and popped it solely because my neighbor just found out he has cancer and is really down in the dumps. It gave him something to smile about.

I've not gotten into rum. What would you say is a good starter rum?

I love the Anejo Rums, they are slightly sweet with notes of tobacco, vanilla and molasses usually. If that sounds good the Appleton above and Pampero Aniversario Rum are probably my favorites, you should be able to find them for under $30

Posts: 5320 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
^^^ straight up with a cube as I like my bourbon, or, do you mix the rum with anything?

Posts: 3724 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
^^^ straight up with a cube as I like my bourbon, or, do you mix the rum with anything?

Neat or with a cube or two

Posts: 5320 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Spaten Oktoberfest. I'll wrap up Oktoberfest tomorrow night with Paulaner Oktoberfest Marzen (unless I stop at the little shop, and pick up a six pack of another brew in the morning).

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Was that you
or the dog?
Picture of SHOOTIN BLANKS
posted Hide Post
A recent discovery based on a recommendation from a family member. I really enjoyed this in the rocks.

Posts: 1634 | Location: PA | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
Pilsner Urquell

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2840 | Location: Marana, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Since I can’t smell or taste, I have been drinking all the stuff in the liquor locker that I usually don’t sample. (I’m an whiskey and water man)

Did you know that water and rum tastes just like the Macallan when you can’t taste?

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11284 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Look, I shouldn't lose any points because I had to scrape the back of the fridge for the girl's booze.

It's not that bad....right? Right?

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
Since I can’t smell or taste, I have been drinking all the stuff in the liquor locker that I usually don’t sample. (I’m an whiskey and water man)

Did you know that water and rum tastes just like the Macallan when you can’t taste?

Yep, tastes the same. Just now getting my taste back since losing it in early Sept. Another week or two, hopefully will be back to normal.

Posts: 3596 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:

I lived and worked in Puerto Rico for five or six years.

Ron del barrilito (the three-star) is an outstanding Puerto Rican rum. Great for sipping straight, much as you would with a good cognac. My wife likes it in a rum and tonic with a wedge of fresh lime.

Here on the U.S. mainland, it's not easy to find, and a bit pricey, so we save it for the "good stuff." When I lived in Puerto Rico it was available in the Pueblo super-market groceries, very inexpensive without the cost of transport to the mainland and without huge taxes, so we used it for all rum needs, including mixed drinks. I had a banana tree and a lime tree in my back yard, so banana daiquiris were consumed frequency.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30674 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did a six pack of Shiner Oktoberfest yesterday afternoon/evening, and three bratwursts. I'll behave today.

Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
Last night it was a snifter glass of Hennessy VS. Good stuff.

Posts: 6620 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tonight it will be Knob Creek small batch bourbon.

Posts: 6620 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:

I lived and worked in Puerto Rico for five or six years.

Ron del barrilito (the three-star) is an outstanding Puerto Rican rum. Great for sipping straight, much as you would with a good cognac. My wife likes it in a rum and tonic with a wedge of fresh lime.

Here on the U.S. mainland, it's not easy to find, and a bit pricey, so we save it for the "good stuff." When I lived in Puerto Rico it was available in the Pueblo super-market groceries, very inexpensive without the cost of transport to the mainland and without huge taxes, so we used it for all rum needs, including mixed drinks. I had a banana tree and a lime tree in my back yard, so banana daiquiris were consumed frequency.

Thanks Vtail.

Posts: 3724 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the Pusser's blue label rum and in keeping with the post had some tonight. Tastes good straight and is not so expensive that I cringe to mix it.

Posts: 1196 | Location: Moved to N.W. MT. | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
I was gifted a bottle of Blanton's Single Barrel Select. It's very nice!

Posts: 4019 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hamm's tonight; a visit to a little shop for more real Oktoberfest brews (while they last!) is planned tomorrow.

Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I’m doing a few high test IPS’s at the moment. With all going on, most is well here.I’m good at disregarding.

Posts: 6163 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Friday night happy hour usually always features Wild Turkey 101 bourbon........no need for a change!!

Posts: 6620 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Firestone Mind Haze IPA.

Posts: 757 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post