SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I got the car I’ve always wanted since high school!! Integra GSR goodness inside!!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I got the car I’ve always wanted since high school!! Integra GSR goodness inside!! Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted
Today was a great day!! I brought home the car I’ve been wanting for years! A 1998 Integra GSR!!

The not so pretty side.

You can see the storm off in the distance that I ended up driving through.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: stickman428,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21115 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Congrats. Only 3 of the sawblades & 1 snowflake wheel?
Not sure how hard those are to come by, anymore.
Set of RPF1s would do well on there.

Always liked those Integras, had a 5MT 97 Civic EX in college, had grand plans to put an EK TypeR engine in it.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15343 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice !!! What are your plans for it ??? God Bless Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3069 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
Congrats! I have a few I would love to have again someday.

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1735 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
I had a 90 integra at one time. Loved that car.

Thanks for sharing!

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9160 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Those are great fun cars to drive when find a lonely twisty road and run them through the gears. Those engines love to rev.

I see the large exhaust pipe. What's been done to it?

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16403 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Nice. The closest I got to an Integra GS-R was in 1994, but I wound up with a 1992 Prelude Si instead. While I had the Prelude, I really believed my next car was going to be an Integra Type-R. Then I got into motorcycles, racing, and I wound up with a truck to get the bikes to the track with.

Posts: 10969 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
My dad had an Integra, although I don't think it was a GS-R I don't know the exact year, but it had to be close to yours. His was also that green/teal color. He had it for a long time as he always kept a car for a long time.

Have fun.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
I had a 2001 LS Hatch that I was an idiot for trading away. While the backseat wasn't great, it was one of the most enjoyable cars I ever drove even with the 1.8L 148hp engine.

Posts: 4188 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Always liked those, had a good friend who had one in red and was also an early buyer of the '96 Cobra when it came out (in Mystic for him). I had a black Cobra and on a road trip visit a childhood friend of his with a '95 Cobra R, we swapped cars for a blast through the TN mountains.

I had a good idea the GS-R needed revs to come alive, and boy did it! That was a really fun drive, was glad to have had the experience.

Enjoy!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12428 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
My dad had one when they first came out. Fun car, too bad it literally rusted in two.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Nice! If I could find a rust free one that no kid has ever owned I'd buy it in a second. These cars most of the time have been rode hard and put away wet.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skins2881,

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20830 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
a 2011 TRD Sport Tacoma 4x4 in Barcelona red.

I remember that one!

Congrats on the new project, man. Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13506 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cool!

Kinda surprised someone hasn't taken the strut tower brace off. Seems like they always 'get in the way' and go missing.

I've been there before as well. I bought a ride that the wipers didn't work and windows that didn't move. Yes, it was raining like crazy. Had to fix some other stuff (axle, lights, radiator, water pump, power distribution module, etc...) before it was ready for the road. A sweet ride is its own reward.

I'd be tempted to get some Honda badges from Europe just to make it fun!

Posts: 9159 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That’s a cool car. I would have killed for one back in the day.

Posts: 7538 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
Love it!

I had a ‘95 Integra RS (first car, in 2000) and then eventually moved on to a ‘99 GS-R. Absolutely loved both of them. The GS-R was stolen / completely stripped, in 2006, and I moved on to an ‘06 Acura RSX Type-S. It was a hell of a run with Acuras … great times!

Posts: 5073 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
My first Acura (of 3) was an ‘86 Integra LS. Lots of fun except on long commutes and that one time I was having a kidney stone—pleaded with my wife to take the Camry to the ER instead.

Posts: 18077 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice!
I only had Civics, but, Honda was on the top of their game in the 90's and was obvious why they killed the domestics comparing to the US cars of the day, seen a Cavalier lately?
Me either Smile

“Let us dare to read, think, speak and write.”

John Adams

Posts: 317 | Location: Land of 10000 Taxes | Registered: March 19, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Copefree:
Love it!

I had a ‘95 Integra RS (first car, in 2000) and then eventually moved on to a ‘99 GS-R. Absolutely loved both of them. The GS-R was stolen / completely stripped, in 2006, and I moved on to an ‘06 Acura RSX Type-S. It was a hell of a run with Acuras … great times!

When I had my 97 Civic EX, a coworker (at a Honda dealership) said it was a when, not if it got stolen & how they would do it.
At the time the Integra & Civic were the most stolen cars in the US.
Pre immobilizer (1999 for the Civic) all you needed was a flat head screwdriver.

Posts: 15343 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Even stock that generation Civic/Integra was a fun slow car.
With some modification, they were a blast. I autocrossed my Civic a couple times, and it was definitely more fun than my prior Saturn.