SIGforum
I got the car I’ve always wanted since high school!! Integra GSR goodness inside!!

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/3760057205

August 15, 2023, 03:19 PM
stickman428
I got the car I’ve always wanted since high school!! Integra GSR goodness inside!!
Today was a great day!! I brought home the car I’ve been wanting for years! A 1998 Integra GSR!!

The not so pretty side.

You can see the storm off in the distance that I ended up driving through.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: stickman428,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance
August 15, 2023, 03:25 PM
P250UA5
Congrats. Only 3 of the sawblades & 1 snowflake wheel?
Not sure how hard those are to come by, anymore.
Set of RPF1s would do well on there.

Always liked those Integras, had a 5MT 97 Civic EX in college, had grand plans to put an EK TypeR engine in it.

The Enemy's gate is down.
August 15, 2023, 03:39 PM
VBVAGUY
Nice !!! What are your plans for it ??? God Bless Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."
August 15, 2023, 03:39 PM
xantom
Congrats! I have a few I would love to have again someday.

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."
August 15, 2023, 03:42 PM
Veeper
I had a 90 integra at one time. Loved that car.

Thanks for sharing!

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken
August 15, 2023, 03:44 PM
comet24
Those are great fun cars to drive when find a lonely twisty road and run them through the gears. Those engines love to rev.

I see the large exhaust pipe. What's been done to it?

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac
August 15, 2023, 03:45 PM
trapper189
Nice. The closest I got to an Integra GS-R was in 1994, but I wound up with a 1992 Prelude Si instead. While I had the Prelude, I really believed my next car was going to be an Integra Type-R. Then I got into motorcycles, racing, and I wound up with a truck to get the bikes to the track with.
August 15, 2023, 03:52 PM
jhe888
My dad had an Integra, although I don't think it was a GS-R I don't know the exact year, but it had to be close to yours. His was also that green/teal color. He had it for a long time as he always kept a car for a long time.

Have fun.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.
August 15, 2023, 04:01 PM
DanH
I had a 2001 LS Hatch that I was an idiot for trading away. While the backseat wasn't great, it was one of the most enjoyable cars I ever drove even with the 1.8L 148hp engine.
August 15, 2023, 04:12 PM
Georgeair
Always liked those, had a good friend who had one in red and was also an early buyer of the '96 Cobra when it came out (in Mystic for him). I had a black Cobra and on a road trip visit a childhood friend of his with a '95 Cobra R, we swapped cars for a blast through the TN mountains.

I had a good idea the GS-R needed revs to come alive, and boy did it! That was a really fun drive, was glad to have had the experience.

Enjoy!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

August 15, 2023, 04:19 PM
kz1000
My dad had one when they first came out. Fun car, too bad it literally rusted in two.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris
August 15, 2023, 04:24 PM
Skins2881
Nice! If I could find a rust free one that no kid has ever owned I'd buy it in a second. These cars most of the time have been rode hard and put away wet.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skins2881,

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis
August 15, 2023, 04:46 PM
vthoky
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
a 2011 TRD Sport Tacoma 4x4 in Barcelona red.

I remember that one!

Congrats on the new project, man. Cool

God bless America.
August 15, 2023, 05:51 PM
.38supersig
Cool!

Kinda surprised someone hasn't taken the strut tower brace off. Seems like they always 'get in the way' and go missing.

I've been there before as well. I bought a ride that the wipers didn't work and windows that didn't move. Yes, it was raining like crazy. Had to fix some other stuff (axle, lights, radiator, water pump, power distribution module, etc...) before it was ready for the road. A sweet ride is its own reward.

I'd be tempted to get some Honda badges from Europe just to make it fun!

August 15, 2023, 09:03 PM
pedropcola
That’s a cool car. I would have killed for one back in the day.
August 16, 2023, 01:09 AM
Copefree
Love it!

I had a ‘95 Integra RS (first car, in 2000) and then eventually moved on to a ‘99 GS-R. Absolutely loved both of them. The GS-R was stolen / completely stripped, in 2006, and I moved on to an ‘06 Acura RSX Type-S. It was a hell of a run with Acuras … great times!

August 16, 2023, 01:27 AM
sjtill
My first Acura (of 3) was an ‘86 Integra LS. Lots of fun except on long commutes and that one time I was having a kidney stone—pleaded with my wife to take the Camry to the ER instead.

August 16, 2023, 02:52 AM
MoosehornMan
Nice!
I only had Civics, but, Honda was on the top of their game in the 90's and was obvious why they killed the domestics comparing to the US cars of the day, seen a Cavalier lately?
Me either Smile

“Let us dare to read, think, speak and write.”

John Adams
August 16, 2023, 06:10 AM
P250UA5
quote:
Originally posted by Copefree:
Love it!

I had a ‘95 Integra RS (first car, in 2000) and then eventually moved on to a ‘99 GS-R. Absolutely loved both of them. The GS-R was stolen / completely stripped, in 2006, and I moved on to an ‘06 Acura RSX Type-S. It was a hell of a run with Acuras … great times!

When I had my 97 Civic EX, a coworker (at a Honda dealership) said it was a when, not if it got stolen & how they would do it.
At the time the Integra & Civic were the most stolen cars in the US.
Pre immobilizer (1999 for the Civic) all you needed was a flat head screwdriver.

August 16, 2023, 06:23 AM
P250UA5
Even stock that generation Civic/Integra was a fun slow car.
With some modification, they were a blast. I autocrossed my Civic a couple times, and it was definitely more fun than my prior Saturn.