SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    HUGE Kidde Fire Extinguisher RECALL!!!!!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HUGE Kidde Fire Extinguisher RECALL!!!!! Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Mine arrived today. It came with a mounting bracket as well. Guess I was just lucky. Thanks again.

Posts: 17284 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My replacement arrived yesterday, and the old one was picked up by FedEx this morning......everything as smooth as glass.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by f2:
Thanks for posting. Called and they will ship a replacement. Mine was purchased around 2004.
replacement received. fedex picking up defective extinguisher tomorrow - return label included with replacement. initial call was 12-29-2017. they said 15 business days - took 9.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Still nothing.
Had 2 home with the flu last week, no school yesterday because of MLK and snow day today and have not gotten to call.

I am thinking mine may have been delivered during the holiday rush and may have got stolen we had a rash of package thefts around the holidays.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25454 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My son yelled out that there was someone knocking on the door. It was dark and cold out being as it was close to 21:00 in the evening. I shoved my Sig P-220 into the rear waist band of my jeans and turned off the door alarm and unlocked my door. I was just able to catch a quick glance of the FedEX truck turning the corner as it drove away. There was a package left behind on the porch. I lugged it inside and handed it to my wife as she likes to open packages.
There inside was a new bright shinny red Kiddie fire extinguisher. Only took them about 10 days from the time that I did the online application.

Thanks for the heads up on this recall!

Front sight...Front sight...Front sight...Only Hits Count.
NRA Life Member
Frank John Boy -Police Lingo

Posts: 126 | Registered: July 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone get a replacement? I’m still waiting.

Posts: 17153 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine came months ago.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9187 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Mine took over a month from filing but it was smooth otherwise.
The extinguishers are nicer than the ones they replaced.

Posts: 9557 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I got all of mine within 2 weeks

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53243 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
I had been waiting since Nov and was worried I'd have to start again. They asked for address without specifying not shipping to PO boxes of course. Website never had allowed for a ship to update or separate address. I did get an email last week from a representative (xxx.xxx@KiddeUS.com) asking for correct shipping address. So, it looks like they are still completing some very old entries.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2020 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I started this thread in November and still do not have mine.
I have called a couple of times and got tired of waiting on hold.
Kiddie just had a big recall on some of their smoke detectors. Glad I went with First Alert when I replaced all 15 detectors in my house.
I would be beyond pissed if I had to wait for all those to arrive and then reinstall all them.

I certainly won’t be purchasing anything made by Kiddie in the future.

————————————————

Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted Hide Post
FYI, there is also a big recall on their smoke detectors.

https://kidde-smoke-alarm-reca...n.expertinquiry.com/

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.

Posts: 3110 | Location: Coker Creek,TN | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:

Same here. Going on 5 months with no word.

Posts: 32563 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Censored
posted Hide Post
Thanks again for this heads up. Found 3 relatives over the Holiday with several affected fire extinguishers.

Posts: 2223 | Location: United States | Registered: February 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:

Same here. Going on 5 months with no word.

I had waited 10 months as well. I had to put some effort into it, and called - twice! First time it was because they had a problem with address, and I let them know that I had that email and had it saved. They just started again.

When you call have all your models and ser #s ready.

I finally have my 3. Call them, get someone on the phone who has a clue and get yours going again. Once they get it right it will be 2-3 weeks. If you are waiting, it has already gone wrong.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2020 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Mine came months ago after a several month wait.
The good news, the replacements seem to be a higher quality unit with metal, instead of plastic hangers.

Posts: 9557 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I had forgotten all about this!
I never did get to talk to someone always stuck on hold.

————————————————

posted Hide Post
Checked my fire extinguishers, of the four Kidde products I have, two are subject to the recall. Called the toll free number and got a reference code. Replacements are supposed to arrive in 10-15 business days.

Just another benefit of following SIGforum!

Posts: 694 | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Censored
posted Hide Post
My BIL got his replacement fire extinguishers from Kidde in 10 days from the date of the request.

Posts: 2223 | Location: United States | Registered: February 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Kidde

Not "Kiddie"

Posts: 33901 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post