SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    HUGE Kidde Fire Extinguisher RECALL!!!!!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HUGE Kidde Fire Extinguisher RECALL!!!!! Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Some Shot:
Submitted my two right away and received this dandy new email:

"Thank you for participating in Kidde’s fire extinguisher replacement program. Customer safety is our priority and we are pleased by the strong response to our recall announcement. However, due to high demand the most comparable replacement for your unit is backordered.
We regret any inconvenience this has caused and are working diligently to fulfill your order as quickly as possible.
Thank you for your patience."

I hope nothing important catches fire. Smile

I had three recalled units. My two red ones have been replaced but I got the same email instead of a white kitchen one.

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1539 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've received 7 of the 9 replacements, so far.

Posts: 8975 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
Five weeks now and nothing, so I e-mailed Kidde Customer Service tonight. Hoping I'll get an update Monday or Tuesday.

Mine just showed up. It took 8 weeks. I had actually forgotten it.

Posts: 7726 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
I've received 7 of the 9 replacements, so far.

I just got one, five or six more are on the way. The box includes a return FedEx label with simple instructions (perhaps written for people like me...) on how to return the bad device.

Posts: 15926 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^

I'm sure they need to include the return for liability, but wonder if they send out the extinguisher police to get them. Might make nice training devices for casual users.

Posts: 8975 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
^^^^^^

...Might make nice training devices for casual users.

I thought about asking our local FD if they wanted them, but I'll return them as Kidde is making it easy.

Posts: 15926 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^

I will too, but am waiting until I get all 9. One trip to FedEx is enough.

Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Still have not gotten mine.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25486 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
^^^^^^

The return instructions for mine had me packing my old unit in the box the new one arrived in, making a call to Fedex, and leaving it on the porch for a pickup. No traveling to Fedex at all on my part. Yours isn't the same?

Posts: 1186 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got my replacement the other day.

I thought I would stop at the local Fedex/Kinkos and just drop it off as it was close to work. No go. The store would not take it because it is considered "hazardous". Its a freaking fire extinguisher!! And one that possibly might not work to boot! Im looking right at the one you have hanging on the wall. Must be pretty dangerous to have that hazardous fire extinguisher hanging right on the wall like that.

Posts: 5434 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tsmccull:
quote:
^^^^^^

The return instructions for mine had me packing my old unit in the box the new one arrived in, making a call to Fedex, and leaving it on the porch for a pickup. No traveling to Fedex at all on my part. Yours isn't the same?

I'm sure it was the same. Still, I'll save it for one pickup.

posted Hide Post
I received 7 home unit replacements yesterday and waiting for 3 watercraft replacement units that I submitted much later. I was wondering why they didn't ask for us to discharge the old units so they could be shipped back as non-pressurized non hazardous? I guess it is because some idiots would do something stupid with them and get hurt and then sue Kidde for asking them to discharge them. I assume they will refurbish most of these units after doing a cylinder inspection and putting on a new style valve assembly. Might be a cool job for some part time high schoolers to discharge all the 100's of thousands of units coming back.

Posts: 1996 | Location: DFW Texas | Registered: March 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ours finally arrived.

At 9:10AM on the Saturday before Christmas.

FedEx rang the doorbell, to make sure we knew it was here, and weren't sleeping in.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9199 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No sign of mine yet in this part of the Country.

Posts: 6636 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got another one yesterday, that's two so far.
Five more to come.

Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Still none here and I started the thread Roll Eyes

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25486 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
I was expecting 3 weeks, and now at 7 weeks. none yet.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2032 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
I received my replacement two days ago. Very happy with the process.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10930 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My marine one came in first and a day later received 3 of the of the household replacements... But I only submitted recall forms forms for 2 household ones...

Emailed Kidde to ask if they want it back. No response yet.

Posts: 1514 | Location: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: August 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
I called in 4 today, they said 3 out of 4 were on the recall. They were very nice, said it will take a while and they will come one at a time.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4022 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post