SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Predictable Insanity Surrounding the Florida Shooting
Page 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 97

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Predictable Insanity Surrounding the Florida Shooting Login/Join 
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Nothing is off limits. Either we are in this to win, or to virtue signal how good of guys we are while they pummel us.

Exactly. We have been "bringing a knife to a gun fight" for far too long. You either fight to win, or you have already lost. The concept in WWII was "total war", and that is how we will need to procede. I don't care that this tyrant-in-training is only 17. He wants to play in the adult league, he will be treated as such.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
I don't think it's his GPA keeping him out, I think it's his attitude.

Exactly.

They know this kid is toxic and want no part of it.

That's exactly what I think. Funny how these colleges cater to a certain demographic, but when the nuts get turned, they want nothing to do with it. Guess they don't practice what they preach and it's fun watching the full on hypocrisy of the left. Maybe we'll see some colleges/universities making their way back to normalcy and shy away from politics? Perhaps some of these places are starting to see the Ferguson effect on their bottom $ and are actually wising up..... Roll Eyes

The Mizzou effect. This is what is playing in the colleges minds:

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Report This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't care that this tyrant-in-training is only 17. He wants to play in the adult league, he will be treated as such.

Agreed.

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
But... but... but... he's a SURVIVOR

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Could this Hogg kid be any more of a fascist and bully right now?

Isn't it extremely ironic that people of his ilk PRACTICE THE VERY THING they are always speaking out against? Eek

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Let him continue. Encourage him, even.

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Nothing is off limits. Either we are in this to win, or to virtue signal how good of guys we are while they pummel us.

Exactly. We have been "bringing a knife to a gun fight" for far too long. You either fight to win, or you have already lost. The concept in WWII was "total war", and that is how we will need to proceed.

Fine. Then where are all the other proponents of gun and free speech rights on these companies that have implicitly supported the suppression of both in acceding to the demands of a bunch of screaming children?

Where were they when Youtube, an Alphabet company, the same people that own Google, changed their policy to likewise suppress both?

Hell, I'm pretty sure I've seen SF members post Youtube videos, since then.

Too inconvenient, dropping these products? Or do y'all think these companies are going to stop enabling the fascists just because you say bad things about them?

In the latest example a bunch of kids, few, if any of which make purchasing decisions affecting these companies or whom were Fox viewers in the first place, got advertisers to do what they wanted. If the people who do make such decisions just bitch and moan about it, but do nothing concrete in response, then the little fascists win.

Those companies are betting that's exactly what will happen.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I would suspect that most of the rejections David Hogg has received, have very little to do with the events of Parkland and his public actions since then. His rejections from California institutions probably have more to do with the large number of applicants in the pool and his out of state residency. this stuff has been in the pipeline for a good while before the February shooting. But going forward, some schools are probably going to embrace him, and others will quietly reject/ignore him.

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1527 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Report This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Report This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
I saw this mentioned on another site, but I just realized that HoggHitler is turning into another child preacher and we're all familiar with another child "preacher".....Rev. Al Roll Eyes

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Report This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BGULL:
I would suspect that most of the rejections David Hogg has received, have very little to do with the events of Parkland and his public actions since then. His rejections from California institutions probably have more to do with the large number of applicants in the pool and his out of state residency. this stuff has been in the pipeline for a good while before the February shooting. But going forward, some schools are probably going to embrace him, and others will quietly reject/ignore him.

This teen moron is actually taylor made for UC Berkeley, UC Santa Cruz, UCLA, etc. And the UC system is often criticized for favoring out-of-state students because of increased tuition($$$$). The more logical, yet unexciting reason this asshole did not get in the UC system is because of his SAT score (posted in this thread as less than 1300). His score is way less than average, a poor score. To get into UC Davis and San Diego, 1900-2000 is the typical score. I would imagine the more commie schools like Berkeley would be higher. My son knows a kid who had "only" a 4.0 GPA and a 2200 SAT score and turned down from CAL. But he was also Asian Roll Eyes

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16706 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:

This teen moron is actually taylor made for UC Berkeley, UC Santa Cruz, UCLA, etc. And the UC system is often criticized for favoring out-of-state students because of increased tuition($$$$). The more logical, yet unexciting reason this asshole did not get in the UC system is because of his SAT score (posted in this thread as less than 1300). His score is way less than average, a poor score. To get into UC Davis and San Diego, 1900-2000 is the typical score. I would imagine the more commie schools like Berkeley would be higher. My son knows a kid who had "only" a 4.0 GPA and a 2200 SAT score and turned down from CAL. But he was also Asian Roll Eyes

The UC's have been rabidly taking in out-of-state students (they need the money), however they're international students not domestic and they're all going into the STEM categories. Young Hogg, wants to be a journalist, I believe only Cal has such a department and it's a small one, UCLA I believe rolls their J-school courses into the larger Communication dept. Nonetheless, he's got a lot going against him: small program, out-of-state, low SAT, male, white, etc....

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spokane228:
It’s been 30 years, so I’m out of the loop. A 4.0 now isn’t the same 4.0 in the 80’s?

I know schools are competitive, but it seems like a 4.2 should get you into UCLA. It’s not Ivy League.
As someone who had a son graduate in that past couple years from a public high school, I can tell you without hesitation the education these kids are getting (or more aptly not getting) isn't even in the same universe with the education I got many years before. My son took every AP class offered and was part of the hardest magnet program offered in Central Florida while racking up a 3.9 gpa. He got a decent education and was accepted to four large universities. On the other hand, the kids in 'general population' took few if any AP classes, took the lightest class load possible, and stayed away from any class or program that might be termed difficult, and scored 4.0+. Most of these 'scholars' eventually ended up at the local community colleges with a small subset going to colleges like UCF and failing out in year one.

I spoke with a math teacher at my son's school his senior year and she let me know that high school calculus was being cancelled because too few students could pass the class and it was costing the school state funding. Yes, don't fix the root problem (i.e. students being unprepared for the class), just eliminate the class altogether. Brilliant!

No, the education these kids get today is no where near or on par with the education we got years ago, where the curriculum focused primarily on math, English, history, and science, and students were required to perform.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:

Last I heard, top score, perfect, is 1600.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Why are we discussing SATs in this thread?????

This thing is 75 pages long, gentlemen. When you contribute, make it count.

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Who appointed Hogg a Saint? If he pontificates then he can get flak from those who don’t like what he says.

Read this am that the average age of the women at the march was 49,not the kids ages. Most of the moms at the march wouldn’t know a Glock from a Colt and couldn’t describe what an assault weapons was or how it worked.

The whole idea was an anti gun liberal propaganda them orchestrated by Hollywood elites and liberals. Look who funded it.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Report This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Where are Hogg's parents during all this? We only seem to see and hear him, nothing from them. And those of you who are parents, even leaving gun control and politics aside, would you allow your still a minor child to be exploited in this or any fashion?

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Report This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I second what egregore posted...mom and dad have been absent (at least from what I've seen)...are they just staying low or does he have them locked away in a basement?

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Report This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
Where are Hogg's parents during all this? We only seem to see and hear him, nothing from them. And those of you who are parents, even leaving gun control and politics aside, would you allow your still a minor child to be exploited in this or any fashion?

You might (probably would) if you were a leftist.

Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
I believe the dad is a retired from the FBI and the mom is a leftist.

quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
I second what egregore posted...mom and dad have been absent (at least from what I've seen)...are they just staying low or does he have them locked away in a basement?

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Report This Post