SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Elon Musk buys 73 million shares of Twitter, becomes largest stockholder
Page 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 71
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elon Musk buys 73 million shares of Twitter, becomes largest stockholder Login/Join 
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
At this point I wonder if Elon’s plan all along wasn’t to simply expose and tear down twatter for a paltry 1 billion of his 240 billion dollars if he just pays the penalty. The damage he will have done to them would be far in excess of that figure and will have destroyed their credibility as even remotely believable. Whether he goes through with the deal or not, twitter will be in tatters.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15497 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
I have zero doubt that in the deal documents there is no penalty for non-execution due to the second party's fraudulent claims. Rather, it's the other way around.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:
I have zero doubt that in the deal documents there is no penalty for non-execution due to the second party's fraudulent claims. Rather, it's the other way around.

I was thinking the same thing. Fraud can have some rather serious penalties.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
This is marvelous theater. Musk is a showman at heart and he knows how to twist the blade.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107227 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
James Okeefe confronts the Twitter guy who disparaged Elon Musk

video at

https://twitter.com/i/status/1527061635743064067

Posts: 19494 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
How'd the date go, Alex? Get any dick?

"Tha- that's not true."

Hey, asshole, you said it on camera!! Big Grin

The guy hasn't run that much since his mom got him a doctor's note to get out of seventh grade P.E.

Posts: 107227 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
And if on cue, the sexual assault claims begin to populate in your news feeds.
Truthfully I’m surprised it took this long.

Elon Musk faces sexual assault claim from SpaceX flight attendant; says he exposed himself during massage

SpaceX CEO Elon Musk denied a sexual assault claim from a former flight attendant, whom the company reportedly paid $250,000 as part of a severance agreement in 2018. Musk, in a Thursday tweet following the story, claimed the story should be "viewed through a political lens."

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12299 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
These people are so obvious, predictable, and ridiculous.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30284 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Elon throws down the gauntlet with this statement -

"But I have a challenge to this liar who claims their friend saw me ‘exposed’ – describe just one thing, anything at all (scars, tattoos, …) that isn’t known by the public," the CEO added. "She won’t be able to do so, because it never happened."

Time to put up or shut up, skank.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15497 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:

"But I have a challenge to this liar who claims their friend saw me ‘exposed’ – describe just one thing, anything at all (scars, tattoos, …) that isn’t known by the public," the CEO added. "She won’t be able to do so, because it never happened."

Hmm does Elon have some characteristic scar or tattoo in that region? Come to think of it not a bad idea for someone like him to put a identifying tattoo or something there even if temporary document it, and change it from time to time so when some #metoo comes along and makes these claims you have them dead to rights and can squash the story before it even starts. Of course that is followed by a false claim law suit that will leave the harlot destitute the rest of her life.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8500 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
So I wonder what the retainer fee is to be a sexual assault victim on call? The liberals pull them like pistols when confronted with conservative ideas....

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4357 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Ha!

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30284 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:

does Elon have some characteristic scar or tattoo in that region?
There's the old joke about the tattoo -- is it M.I.T. or is it Massachusetts Institute of Technology?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30531 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Aside from the manufactured sexual harassment claim, this video of O'Keefe chasing this Twitter swish in NYC is pretty amazing. This dude would deny the the nose on his face...if you can catch him.

Posts: 7227 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Posted up the page.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
...have destroyed their credibility as even remotely believable.

Sadly I disagree. True believers don't stop believing. For the most part all it's doing is confirming what those that didn't like them already felt. And since they already felt that way, nothing gained.

Posts: 21041 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
At this point I wonder if Elon’s plan all along wasn’t to simply expose and tear down twatter for a paltry 1 billion of his 240 billion dollars if he just pays the penalty. The damage he will have done to them would be far in excess of that figure and will have destroyed their credibility as even remotely believable. Whether he goes through with the deal or not, twitter will be in tatters.

Destroying Twitter may have been his Plan B all along.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

posted Hide Post
quote:

Wouldn't this risk the chance of some of his ex's leaking out identifiable marks to the accuser?

Posts: 1801 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by saigonsmuggler:
quote:

Wouldn't this risk the chance of some of his ex's leaking out identifiable marks to the accuser?

ie Amber Heard. She’s crazy enough and will need to recoup some cash

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6218 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Homie has enough resources to provide an OJ Simpson like defense. Not a perfect comparison but you probably get what I’m implying. Even if he were guilty (which I don’t think he is) the man has the assets to provide doubt to the accusations.

Personally, I wouldn’t f with Elon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21051 | Location: North Carolina  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post