SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Elon Musk buys 73 million shares of Twitter, becomes largest stockholder
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 71
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elon Musk buys 73 million shares of Twitter, becomes largest stockholder Login/Join 
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Reuters is saying Twitter is set to accept Musk's offer.
The moment that deal goes through I will re-sign up on Twitter.

The moment they dump Pootain and Allow Trump back on so will I... that will signal a paradigm shift in social media, hell it might even alter the space time continuum
Yep, a few additional things need to happen to prove to me that Twitter is being taken down a different path before I opt to sign up. At current, I'm just really pleased a whole lotta clowns who work for Twitter as well as media types are having a very, very, bad day.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

In the end, however, the only question is how dedicated is Musk to control Twitter, because if he really wants it, he will get it.

https://www.zerohedge.com/mark...itself-titanic-legal

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
What Musk is apparently trying to do goes to the heart of what is perhaps the most pressing problem of our time: censorship and totalitarianism.

It is a sad and worrisome reflection on our culture that most journalists who nowadays work for the mainstream media are nothing more than hacks whose first order of priority is to censor and silence those who do not share their ideological point of view. Worse yet, their ideology happens to be woke progressive totalitarian leftism.

I do not particularly care about social media or Twitter. The truth is, however, that social media have become the public square where political views are being widely discussed. As many have noticed, conservatives and people with traditional views are being purged from social media en masse. Twitter is especially significant, because it is a virtue signalling venue for the woke elites and the incubator of their politically correct views and attitudes.

What we get these days from the mainstream media and the internet is a complete distortion of reality. Most of it is just pure fake news. When people Google something they naively assume that they obtain a realistic picture of the situation. This is not the case at all. The results you get from search engine searches are highly manipulated and curated to suit a political agenda. The articles and videos we see on mainstream news sites are utterly biased with opposing views completely expunged from discussion. Most people are completely unaware of this, which is why they are so easily fooled and brainwashed.

https://www.lewrockwell.com/20...takeover-of-twitter/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Elon Musk tweets:

I hope that even my worst critics remain on Twitter, because that is what free speech means

12:12 PM · Apr 25, 2022

Posts: 19575 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
The moment [Musk acquires it] I will re-sign up on Twitter.
The moment they dump Pootain and Allow Trump back on so will I...
I presume that, once Musk acquires Twitter, a Trump account will be a given.

As for Putin, I think you're missing the point. E.g.:
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Elon Musk tweets:

I hope that even my worst critics remain on Twitter, because that is what free speech means

This ^^^^^

I would expect Twitter to stop whacking accounts just because they or somebody else disagrees with what they say.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Reuters is saying Twitter is set to accept Musk's offer.
The moment that deal goes through I will re-sign up on Twitter.

As will I.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Elon Musk tweets:

Meanwhile, the professional political leftists who use the platform are having a complete mental breakdown. Thousands of them are promising to leave Twitter and find a safe place if the deal goes through.
Big Grin

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Meanwhile, the professional political leftists who use the platform are having a complete mental breakdown.
I'm actually considering signing up now, just so I can watch that happen

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
LOL, this turd again. You can tell the Left is NOT happy about them potentially losing their platform as all the usual suspects have come crawling out of the woodwork to denounce him:

He's just jealous that Musk is an actual African-American! Big Grin

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Did they just call him “racist “?

Didn’t see that coming… Lol

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Fuck you Talcum X

quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
LOL, this turd again. You can tell the Left is NOT happy about them potentially losing their platform as all the usual suspects have come crawling out of the woodwork to denounce him:

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Elon is getting Twatter… done deal. $54.20

$44B - says gonna take it private.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

What took him so long?

Here's another perfectly normal, rational reaction:

Posts: 107593 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Elon usually gets what he wants. His desire to buy Twitter wasn't just a troll as it turns out. He wanted it, and so he now has it. This is some of the most savage, best use of fuck you money I have ever see. What a stud.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
James Woods: "The loonies are moving to Canada...again."

https://twitter.com/RealJamesW...HHwWgICs7dP-sJMqAAAA

Posts: 107593 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
Elon is getting Twatter… done deal. $54.20

$44B - says gonna take it private.

In recent weeks, the downhill slide of the Woke Gestapo. CNN/CNN+, Netflix, Disney, Twitter.

"Everything woke turns to shit" Donald J. Trump

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16699 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Elon usually gets what he wants. His desire to buy Twitter wasn't just a troll as it turns out. He wanted it, and so he now has it. This is some of the most savage, best use of fuck you money I have ever see. What a stud.

Hear, hear!!!

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Local conservative talk guy has a good point:

quote:

Chris Stigall
@ChrisStigall

I can’t wait to find out what these @Twitter goons have been up to. I hope
@elonmusk investigates the shadow banning, purging of followers, limiting followers, etc. I can imagine evidence is being wiped quickly.

1:22 PM · Apr 25, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

Link