SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Elon Musk buys 73 million shares of Twitter, becomes largest stockholder
Page 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 71
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elon Musk buys 73 million shares of Twitter, becomes largest stockholder Login/Join 
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
I think Elon is enjoying this
Just posted:

Posts: 3521 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post

Ha! Suddenly it's about free speech again.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
Getting a blue check is 8$/month. Tweeting without is still free.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IrishWind:
Getting a blue check is 8$/month. Tweeting without is still free.

You know that. I know that. But idiot, elitist blue checkmarks don't know that. Apparently.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Of course they know it. Nothing Musk does will meet with the left's approval.

Posts: 107603 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
99% of these leftist shitheads will grumble and pay the 8 bucks.

The other 1% will leave for about a month, then will quietly come back and pay it as well.

LOL

Posts: 33814 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
The old saying of "When you are taking flak, you know you are over the target" is so true in this case.

Well done Elon, we’ll done. Big Grin

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2699 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, they'll pay the 8 bucks. You can count on this kind of shit all the time from now on. The left will never forgive him.

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
David Hogg says they should pay him to be a blue check. AAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA!!!

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 33814 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
99% of these leftist shitheads will grumble and pay the 8 bucks.

The other 1% will leave for about a month, then will quietly come back and pay it as well.

LOL

They won't leave. Most are no doubt well to do, and the $8 is like the penny we see on the convenience store floor. Near every one can't be bothered with it and just walks on by. Lack of the check mark doesn't restrict posting, it merely indicates you've given more personal information to twitter then the average Joe. A status symbol. So pay or just be one of the little people on Twitter.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
A few will actually leave Twitter. Think of the virtue-signalling currency of it.

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
What they are really angry about is that anyone can be a blue check now, just pony up your $8. This blue check IIRC had been given out like candy to leftists but stingily to conservatives before Elon came along.

It's also going to weed out all the fake and bot accounts with blue checks.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
It's also going to weed out all the fake and bot accounts with blue checks.
I think that's Musk primary intent.

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Yeah he doesn’t care about the $8 but libtards do

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
The left cares about the $8 because of who’s behind it. It wouldn’t matter in the slightest if it were instituted by the old Twit.

And although I understand that it’s satisfying to rant about the left’s falsehoods concerning things like this, I hope that they are just rants and not belief that the people like AOC who are complaining about its restricting freedom of speech actually believe themselves what they’re saying. There are two primary groups that a lying propaganda message like that is aimed at. But first, it’s not intended to change the mind of anyone who already detests people like her, and who knows exactly what they’re doing.

One group is those on the left who approve of anything that increases their influence. Just as the tenets of Islam say it’s okay to lie if the lie promotes the religion, there are many on the left who can’t be stupid enough to actually believe the propaganda, but they will endorse it as long as it supports their agendas.

The second group is the mindless sheep who will accept that the statements are true as long as they’re made by someone they like, or at least have heard of, and they don’t have to think about it too much.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I would have made it $15.

Posts: 10950 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I joined Reddit this year because there are a number of useful subreddits (pages) there on subjects like lawn care and home renovation and there’s even one for Conservatives but the majority of the platform is VERY VERY left wing and they are absolutely apoplectic over Elon Musk and his takeover of Twitter and it’s glorious to see the meltdowns.

Orwell spoke of a “Two Minutes Hate” for the Enemy of The State Goldstein in 1984, these people are the embodiment of that. It’s crazy to watch them, and entertaining too! Big Grin

posted Hide Post
What?? No 'Days of Rest', 3,700 employees get shit canned and you have to actually go to the office. The horror!!!

Posts: 1453 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post