SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Elon Musk buys 73 million shares of Twitter, becomes largest stockholder
Page 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 71
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elon Musk buys 73 million shares of Twitter, becomes largest stockholder Login/Join 
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:

Hahaha Big Grin

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
"Due to the Chaos at Twitter, we will need to cancel all regularly scheduled Elections"...signed the Man Behind The Curtain.

Posts: 1347 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Partial list of those perma banned from Twitter

Donald Trump
Michael Flynn
Steve Bannon
Milo Yiannapoulos
Alex Berenson
Sidney Powell
Lin Wood
Courtney Love
Sabo
Kanye West
Gavin McInnes
Laura Loomer
Katie Hopkins
Alex Jones
Jordan Peterson
James O'Keefe
Project Veritas
The Babylon Bee
Marjorie Taylor Greene
Mike Lindell
My Pillow

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16694 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
quote:

Following that one, has to be good for some great laughs...

Posts: 2766 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^ I think Courtney Love being "Perma Banned" is probably a good thing.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8345 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I hope this happened. An October surprise!

“Elon Musk is considering firing large numbers of Twitter employees on Saturday, according to a report - in order to stop them from receiving their November 1 stock grants. …”

DailyMail article:
https://mol.im/a/11369315

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8952 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Twitter's entire team of data engineers axed!

Oh, those poor people... We should send thoughts and prayers. And take a knee for them.

And change our profile pictures to have an overlay of the Twitter logo for one week to bring awareness and show our solidarity.

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Appears the top execs were fired "for cause", thus cancelling their golden parachutes packages as far as severance payments and unvested stock options.

https://www.businessinsider.co...rance-report-2022-10

My guess is that Musk can prove they lied about certain operation aspects relating to Twitter, including bots.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16694 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Is it too early or late to say: "Musk/Trump 2024"?

Heads would 'splode for sure Big Grin

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by apprentice:
Is it too early or late to say: "Musk/Trump 2024"?

Heads would 'splode for sure Big Grin
Not really. Musk is not a natural born U.S. citizen, so meets not the qualifications for the Presidency.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^Neither was Obama...

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8885 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
quote:

The below from the article also suggests there will be mass layoff's tomorrow...

"Musk is expected to make more layoffs quickly because of a November 1 deadline when employees are scheduled to receive stock grants as part of their compensation in mind, per The New York Times. These are a significant proportion of most Twitter employees' compensation, the newspaper reported."

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3924 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
^^^
Good. Why should they profit from outright leftist censorship attacks during their time at twatter? If it comes to pass, I look forward to the inevitable meltdowns.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15576 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
Appears the top execs were fired "for cause", thus cancelling their golden parachutes packages as far as severance payments and unvested stock options.

https://www.businessinsider.co...rance-report-2022-10

My guess is that Musk can prove they lied about certain operation aspects relating to Twitter, including bots.

let the litigation begin

Posts: 2766 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Parag Agrawal. Talk about a life of privilege. Parents were well off, very important if you're in India, and he married well. Yet he spews this anti-America shit.

Why do people who hate this country so much stay here when they had a previous home?

Posts: 13111 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
Why do people who hate this country so much stay here when they had a previous home?
I'm not so certain it's always hate the country so much as love the adulation.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dzozer:
quote:

The below from the article also suggests there will be mass layoff's tomorrow...

"Musk is expected to make more layoffs quickly because of a November 1 deadline when employees are scheduled to receive stock grants as part of their compensation in mind, per The New York Times. These are a significant proportion of most Twitter employees' compensation, the newspaper reported."

Trick or Treat MFers

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by medic451:

Trick or Treat MFers

More like

“TRICK oooooooorrrrrr TRICK!!

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31441 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:

More like

“TRICK oooooooorrrrrr TRICK!!

Haha, that's what my 3 year old says.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
"There seem to be 10 people ‘managing’ for every one person coding."

Oh, my. Access to the one of a kind Italian built solar-powered soy milk dispenser and the Yoga Sanctuary is about to be cut off abruptly.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107586 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post