SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Elon Musk buys 73 million shares of Twitter, becomes largest stockholder
Page 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 71
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elon Musk buys 73 million shares of Twitter, becomes largest stockholder Login/Join 
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
No wonder he fired most of them!
Most of them did NOTHING all day long!

https://twitter.com/libsoftikt.../1585395267552960512

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39871 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I saw that via Matt Walsh. Spoiled, spoiled little shits.

I hope Musk eliminates WFH for all but only a few select employees. People have forgotten what it means to "go to work."

And move the HQ to Texas or Florida.

Posts: 108990 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
And now this:

From https://www.foxbusiness.com/li...o-elon-musk-takeover

quote:
Possible pranksters may have posed as fired data engineers

Two men claiming they were Twitter data engineers recently let go under Elon Musk's reign may have been lying to the media.

The potential pranksters were spotted outside Twitter's San Francisco office Friday carrying cardboard boxes just a day after Musk took control of Twitter for the hefty ticket price of $44 billion and ousted its top executives.

One of the alleged employees identified themselves as a software engineer named "Rahul Ligma" during an interview with reporters outside, according to the Verge. However, the outlet confirmed that an employee by that name was not in Twitter’s Slack or email system and that there is no employee by that name on the online employment service LinkedIn.

Representatives for Twitter have not immediately return FOX Business' request for comment.

"Some questions being raised about whether these are really twitter employees. Still trying to verify," Deirdre Bosa, co-anchor of CNBC's bi-coastal tech-focused program "TechCheck," tweeted Friday.

And Dierdra Bose, the CNBC reporter who rushed to break the story about the two supposed data engineers, has now tweeted the following:

quote:
"confusion reigns outside twitter HQ

are people being let go? Are they trolling the media?

…unfortunately corp comms isn’t returning calls"

Also:

quote:
"fyi -some questions being raised about whether these are really twitter employees.

Still trying to verify"

Yeah, Diedre... You should have verified before running with the story in the first place. Just another example of how the modern media is about being first and loudest, not being correct.

So the "poor data engineer guys who got fired by mean old Elon and now can't afford to make their Tesla payments" are likely just two dudes who grabbed cardboard boxes, jumped in front of the cameras, and trolled the media.

I mean, look at the name... Rahul Ligma. For those unaware, that's one of the current trendy memes/jokes on the interwebs, where someone casually mentions "ligma" in a conversation or post, and when an unsuspecting person subsequently asks what that unfamiliar word means, the response is "Ligma balls!" (lick my balls).

Posts: 33031 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Oh, well. It was great while it lasted. When do we get to the real cannings?

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Oh, well. It was great while it lasted. When do we get to the real cannings?
One presumes his people are makin' a list and checkin' it twice Wink

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Who is that salty little snot Scott Galloway on tweeter?
He don't like Musk too much.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39871 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Inflated sense of self. Marketing professor at NYU school of business. Oh almost forgot MEDIA INFLUENCER!

Posts: 17478 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Pink slips on the roll

Posts: 16165 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
One presumes his people are makin' a list and checkin' it twice Wink

Oh, his people are checking things out.

"Musk also reportedly had Tesla engineers enter the offices to review Twitter’s code and meet with product leaders at the company. Sources stated that the Tesla engineers were there to review the code and assess and explain to Musk the changes that they believe the company needs to make to be in line with his vision.

Twitter engineers were reportedly promptly locked out from making changes to the platform’s current codebase in an effort to ensure that nothing about the product changes before Musk’s acquisition deal is fully confirmed."

https://www.breitbart.com/tech...a-staff-review-code/

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17146 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
I like how he's given himself the moniker "Chief Twit".

Posts: 11205 | Location: The Magnolia State | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skull Leader:
I like how he's given himself the moniker "Chief Twit".

Smile
I’ve always liked billionaires with a sense of humour!

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9429 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What’s really going to be funny is when he brings in his Tesla engineers to review Twitter code and see if there is any coded bias.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1s1k,

Posts: 3998 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
The angst of the leftists

“…
The Tesla tycoon has made it clear the $44 billion (£38 billion) purchase is about so much more than adding another asset to his bulging portfolio. Back in April, he said the takeover was not 'to make more money' (social media experts wonder if the consistently unprofitable website will ever achieve that).

Instead, Musk's true intentions are perhaps revealed by his tweet earlier this year when he first announced his planned takeover: 'The Barbarians are at the Gate.' As far as the inherently Left-wing Silicon Valley is concerned, the metaphor is apt.

Musk, a libertarian who insists free speech is all-but absolute, seems determined to put a rocket up the technology industry's cosy progressive consensus. Earlier this week, he arrived at Twitter's glitzy San Francisco headquarters carrying a bathroom sink.

'Entering Twitter HQ — let that sink in!' he tweeted.

But few Left-wingers now see the funny side. Some have hysterically dismissed the takeover as 'dangerous' and 'a threat to democracy'. …”

DailyMail article:
https://mol.im/a/11367103

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9429 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Not seeing how THEY (the Leftists) are the TRUE threat to Democracy…

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
"seems determined to put a rocket up the technology industry's cosy progressive consensus."

A most fundamental target.

Posts: 16165 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
Looks like those that are about to be fired issued a letter of demands to Musk.

link

quote:
In a recent open letter, Twitter employees rattled off a list of demands for Tesla and SpaceX CEO Elon Musk as his takeover of the company was being finalized.

Among the demands was that workers “be treated with dignity, and to not be treated as mere pawns in a game played by billionaires,” according to TIME, which exclusively reported on the letter three days before Musk’s acquisition closed on Oct. 27.

Workers called for a reversal of Musk’s reported plan to lay off three-quarters of Twitter’s 7,500-strong workforce. It said the threat of such a deep cut is a “transparent act of worker intimidation,” adding that it would impact access to “essential healthcare” and put visa-holding employees in danger of being deported.

While cuts are still expected, Musk recently told Twitter employees they won’t be as severe as 75 percent, according to Bloomberg.

Musk delisted Twitter from the stock market, a move that will give the controversial billionaire more personal control over the now-private company. The social media site’s nine-member board of directors is expected to dissolve, with Musk likely to appoint a new board of his friends and investors, according to the Times.

In their letter, Twitter employees also demanded that Musk “explicitly commit” to preserving their benefits, particularly remote work.

Musk earlier this year cracked down on remote work in his other companies, telling workers at Tesla and SpaceX their days of working from home were over, according to the New York Times. Now-fired Twitter CEO Parag Agrawal told employees this summer they could work from home “forever,” Forbes reported.

Workers also called for leadership to “not discriminate against workers on the basis of their race, gender, disability, sexual orientation, or political beliefs.”

TIME noted that it isn’t clear how many Twitter employees signed the letter.

About 530 Twitter employees have left the company in the last three months as the drama of Musk’s acquisition unfolded, according to Insider.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Now that Musk has completed his acquisition, I'll stay on Twitter, but all the social/political follows are going away. I'll follow tech feeds (probably mostly security-oriented, again) and probably a few manufacturers/vendors (guns, golf, health and fitness, etc.).
And that's just what I did.

Save Tudor Dixon's campaign, I've un-followed every last politician, and political and social pundit I had been following. Now I go to check my Twitter feed and it's full of almost nothing but useful, informative, enlightening, and mostly positive items.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:

Hahaha Big Grin

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26758 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post