SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Elon Musk buys 73 million shares of Twitter, becomes largest stockholder
Page 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... 71
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elon Musk buys 73 million shares of Twitter, becomes largest stockholder Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
The Left is PISSED that Elon actually took it over

Now this asshole and creep LeBron is out there making claims that teeets with the N-word in them have “exploded” after Elon’s takeover. With zero proof.

Roll Eyes

Posts: 33813 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

Now this asshole and creep LeBron is out there making claims that teeets with the N-word in them have “exploded” after Elon’s takeover. With zero proof.

Yet not an issue with his favorite rappers.

Posts: 1348 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
an account I saw blamed it on bots - 300 accounts use the n word a gazillion times - you know there will be sabotage

I was disappointed Elon took down his Hillery/Paul Pelosi tweet - probably realized even he could catch Arkancide

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ten chiefs for every indian is just a bit >< backwards.

That being said: I agree with "I strongly believe that all managers in a technical area must be technically excellent," but managers that spend their time designing and/or coding can't possibly manage effectively. Ask me how I know Wink

This leads to a double-edged sword for managers: If they spend time designing and coding they can't manage effectively, but, if they don't, they lose touch with the technology.

I suppose there might be some happy medium. I was never able to find it. Nor was one of my best friends who faced the same challenge.

My solution was to request a demotion back to worker bee. (I found software design and coding much more satisfying than trying to manage software engineers, which is a bit like trying to herd cats.) My friends solution was to resign and start up his own company.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5739 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Uh Oh...Stephen King is pissed:

quote:

Stephen King
@StephenKing

$20 a month to keep my blue check? Fuck that, they should pay me. If that gets instituted, I’m gone like Enron.

Best reply to that one:

"And he will pay. They all will pay. They love their blue checkmarks more than they love their cats."

Link

Posts: 33813 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wachtell & Twitter board deliberately hid this evidence from the court. Stay tuned, more to come …

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/s.../1586885887341645824

Posts: 17131 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
About 3 years from now…

Remember back when people used Twitter?

Musk says Twitter will charge $8/month for blue check mark

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I think Musk has a good point about the current verification system.

One thing I can tell you to a certainty is that no matter what moves he makes with Twitter, there will always be loads of people ready to criticize. Anything and everything he does will be declared to be wrong and will be identified as leading to the decline or dissolution of Twitter.

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I think Musk has a good point about the current verification system.

One thing I can tell you to a certainty is that no matter what moves he makes with Twitter, there will always be loads of people ready to criticize. Anything and everything he does will be declared to be wrong and will be identified as leading to the decline or dissolution of Twitter.

Not to mention the fall of democracy… Roll Eyes

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10940 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes the rise of white something something nationalism something grumblegrumble...

posted Hide Post
People will gladly pay if they see value. Remember long ago the jokes about paying for water or paying for TV? I think it is premature to criticize the guy.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
If I were so inclined I'd rather use a fee based service.
As the saying goes, if it's free you are the product.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
It's still free obviously. He's only charging for those who want to be the coveted and "look at how important I am" blue checkmarks.

And don't make me laugh. These people aren't going anywhere with this fee. Stephen King isn't going anywhere. That blue checkmark is one of their most prized possessions. They will pay the fee.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
It's still free obviously. He's only charging for those who want to be the coveted and "look at how important I am" blue checkmarks.

And don't make me laugh. These people aren't going anywhere with this fee. Stephen King isn't going anywhere. That blue checkmark is one of their most prized possessions. They will pay the fee.

Exactly

They all threatened to move to Canada if Trump won…they’re all still here Roll Eyes

"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Botty botty botty.

I started an account a year ago so I could occasionally keep tabs on a few people. I've never tweeted anything original. I've only retweeted a handful of things. I believe I have close to 160 followers. I'd wager at minimum, 150 of them are bots. lol

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
BAM!

Now, tell me- is there any chance that the lying White House would have backed off of that lie if Musk had not bought Twitter?

Biden (or whoever is typing and thinking for President Grandpa) was also fact-checked for his "billionaire" tax claim.

It's beautiful, truly beautiful. These fuckers are on notice. The message is clear.

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
The White House on Wednesday deleted a tweet that credited "President Biden’s leadership" for the increase in Social Security payments, which was flagged by Twitter as something that was actually caused by a 40-year high in inflation. "Seniors are getting the biggest increase in their Social Security checks in 10 years through President Biden's leadership," the White House tweeted Tuesday.

I dunno it's kinda true right, I mean Buydems policies have led to higher oil and gas costs worldwide, his involvement in the Russia/Ukraine war by suppling lots and lots of money, his massive Do-Nothing Inflation act, massive interest rate hikes with no stopping on the near horizon, food costs, clothing, everything priced high, and his parties national collusion to keep people locked up for 18 months that started a spending spree...

You could say he is directly responsible for creating the scenario where SSI increase would be big.

Of course that's not what he meant, or KJB tried to say he meant, I mean Come'on Man....

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
BAM!

Now, tell me- is there any chance that the lying White House would have backed off of that lie if Musk had not bought Twitter?

Biden (or whoever is typing and thinking for President Grandpa) was also fact-checked for his "billionaire" tax claim.

It's beautiful, truly beautiful. These fuckers are on notice. The message is clear.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I love how he loves to piss these wokies off

quote:

Elon Musk
@elonmusk

To all complainers, please continue complaining, but it will cost $8

10:06 PM · Nov 1, 2022
·Twitter for iPhone