SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Elon Musk buys 73 million shares of Twitter, becomes largest stockholder
Page 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... 71
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elon Musk buys 73 million shares of Twitter, becomes largest stockholder Login/Join 
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

Musk at Twitter HQ coffee bar

I happened to see a Twitter discussion of this photo, pretty hilarious.

Posts: 2787 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I heard The Bobs have are in Twitter headquarters.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16722 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 32544 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
LOL
Click on the photo and the discussion pop's up

Posts: 2787 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Musk intends to reverse lifetime Twitter bans on users.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news...nd=premium#xj4y7vzkg

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16722 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
I probably STILL won't make an account for a few reasons.
Something that gets lost in the social/political noise wrt to Twitter is this: Twitter is more than political and social commentary, and more than people twittering about their outrageous or mundane lives.

When I first signed-up to Twitter, all my "follows" were network security feeds. Not a single social or political follow among them. I had a few friends on Twitter I also followed. Never saw a single tweet from them, for they were using Twitter in more-or-less the same way as I: An information, hard information, source.

I'm going to go back to using it that way with my current account.

I'd re-signed-up when Musk announced he was buying it, just to follow the inevitable firestorm. And it was magnificent I let the account go fallow when Musk announced he was walking away and, had the deal actually never gone through, would have had this account nuked, too.

Now that Musk has completed his acquisition, I'll stay on Twitter, but all the social/political follows are going away. I'll follow tech feeds (probably mostly security-oriented, again) and probably a few manufacturers/vendors (guns, golf, health and fitness, etc.).

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I hate to make the comparison, but at best, Twitter can be every bit as useful as Sigforum, but with a much larger user base and information and sources you curate pushed to your phone and your computer or whatever connected devices. It's all about who you're seeking out and connecting with and what they're posting.

Imagine that every company website you do business with has a Twitter link on their main page. Let's say strictly in a consumer capacity, you want to know when those companies are running sales, releasing new products, or you want to get information on stuff that's in development. You wanna know the instant Brownell's get their yearly allotment of six CMMG 10.3" P90 barrels? You can have that.

Say strictly in a political capacity you want to keep up with what your favorite politician wants to draw your attention to, or legislation you want to keep updated about: You can have that.

Say you want to keep up with technology, science (real science, not Leftist cult magic), economy, trade, whatever else: You can have that.

If you want to keep up with what Aunt Judy is making for dinner or pictures of the awesome mimosa she got at brunch with The Girls on Sunday in Key Largo, well... you can have that, too. You can also mute her feed so you don't get inundated with that shit. It's ALL in how you want to use it. At it's best, the way it should be, it's just a feed of raw information. The problem is that the flow of information was being curated by people other than the end users. It can now be something it never was, but not if we all look at it as simply a leftist echo chamber and ego-boosting utility for the vapid and shallow.

Posts: 17194 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Yeezy back on the bird …

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Twitter employees, be afraid, be very afraid.

Twitter's entire team of data engineers axed!

Weeeeeeeeee! Big Grin

Posts: 107699 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Maybe it is time for another (strongly-worded) letter of demands from the employees? Mr Musk apparently did not read the first one. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21853 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
More words, more strongly worded

posted Hide Post
Not to worry. They can be Baristas! Or perhaps offer tech support to confused Americans.

Posts: 17262 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
Rather than a simple list of demands, perhaps a series of 280 character strongly worded tweets.

Each tweet can represent a "demand".

I am sure the former data engineers would be glad to help the remaining staff craft appropriate tweets.

Posts: 4130 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Oh, those poor people... We should send thoughts and prayers. And take a knee for them.

Posts: 32544 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Twitter employees, be afraid, be very afraid.

Weeeeeeeeee! Big Grin

https://twitter.com/dee_bosa/s.../1586042389851820034

The comments are AWESOME! Big Grin Razz

- Learn to code
- Truth Social is hiring
- @parler_app is hiring also, thanks to new owner @kanyewest

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8945 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:

Oh, those poor people... We should send thoughts and prayers. And take a knee for them.

Let’s hold a vigil.

Posts: 2939 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
These fired employees could start their own platform called 'Blubber'

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29723 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
If they'd been smart, would have seen the writing on the wall and gone elsewhere.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I love the pissy leftists in that Twitter thread, trying to guilt-trip those who are celebrating.

Too freakin' bad, whiners. We're happy.

And, oh, "laughing at people getting fired and karma will get you for that." Uh huh. I worked for more than 40 years. I've been laid off and I've been fired and I survived. I've eaten shit from employers and even gave some back in my own way. All of that is behind me, so, eat a bag of dicks. There's your fucking karma.

BTW, from those comments:

"Yea I seem to remember the phrase 'learn to code' when Biden fired thousands of oil field workers on his first day."

Yep. Hypocrites

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023