SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Elon Musk buys 73 million shares of Twitter, becomes largest stockholder
Page 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 71
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elon Musk buys 73 million shares of Twitter, becomes largest stockholder Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Yup. Good info. Thanks.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You are welcome.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
he doesn't own it yet

he got Board approval - do they not require a shareholder vote even though the outcome is a given?

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16704 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I was wondering how long it would take for the queen of stupid to chime in on all of this. Big Grin

Bless her heart. She doesn’t even realize people like her helped make these changes to Twitter not only possible but inevitable. Big Grin

That response by the way from Elon is brilliant trolling. AOC claimed someone was hitting on her because of all the negativity and attention she was getting. Elon remembers this and is mocking her for it. Cool

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21109 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
These children actually flagged as "sensitive content" a Babylon Bee post about Twitter employees being upset about Musk taking over Twitter?

Twitter employees are upset about being chided about being upset? Roll Eyes

Bill Maher rips Twitter for flagging Babylon Bee amid Elon Musk takeover

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Ha ha Big Grin

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
"AOC thinks @elonmusk is a men’s cologne."

I can't take credit, I stole it from someone with the twitter handle 'Mini AOC'.

...also said "Joe Biden thinks 9-11 are his work hours."

https://twitter.com/RealMiniAOC

Posts: 7259 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
William Shatner:

BTW, since it seems to be the latest “thing” on here. I’m stating that I’m staying on Twitter. Besides I think
@elonmusk is adorbs. Also, full disclosure: I’m trying to pitch Elon to hire me as face of Twitter. #dumpthebird

Elon Musk:

You will always be my Captain

Posts: 19578 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:

AOC responded to his tweet claiming she was talking about Facebooks Zuckerberg not Musk. Sure you were!

Posts: 5418 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Man, Elon Musk is not farting around today. He reminds me of Trump in that he's got a gift for taking whatever his detractors are flinging at him that day, picking it up and flinging it back in their stunned faces 10 times harder:

NBC/MSNBC has been on a "All Republicans are Rightwing White Nationalist Nazis!" tear today and Musk has finally had enough:

Same org that covered up Hunter Biden laptop story, had Harvey Weinstein story early & killed it & built Matt Lauer his rape office. Lovely people.

They are absolutely terrified of this guy, I love it.

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
William Shatner:

BTW, since it seems to be the latest “thing” on here. I’m stating that I’m staying on Twitter. Besides I think
@elonmusk is adorbs. Also, full disclosure: I’m trying to pitch Elon to hire me as face of Twitter. #dumpthebird

Elon Musk:

You will always be my Captain

From what I read years ago, the "face" of Twitter, the blue bird, was inspired by Celtics legend Larry Bird.

Shatner's cool, but not as cool as Larry Legend Smile

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16704 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Oh boy. They must be desperate to shut this man up. He's asking all the right questions.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
^^^^
Elon makes a really good point; why are none of the child rapists being shoved under the spotlight? I think we know the reason…

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15584 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
^^^^
Elon makes a really good point; why are none of the child rapists being shoved under the spotlight? I think we know the reason…

Because they are all global heads of state pedophiles … protected

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
PARAG AGRAWAL FIRED

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8347 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
"Thank you, but don't feel for me."

Damn, son, you're getting a 42 million dollar payout. Why should anyone feel sorry for you, you fucking narcissist?

You're getting 42 million for getting fired. Be HAPPY, you spoiled brat!

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can count the forums I am registered at on one hand.
No social media for me either. But the more people Musk pisses off,the more I am leaning towards a twitter account.

Posts: 739 | Location: Germany | Registered: August 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post