April 29, 2022, 02:55 PM
Balzé Halzé
Elon Musk buys 73 million shares of Twitter, becomes largest stockholder
Yup. Good info. Thanks.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle
April 29, 2022, 03:10 PM
ZSMICHAEL
You are welcome.
April 29, 2022, 05:29 PM
nhtagmember
he doesn't own it yet

he got Board approval - do they not require a shareholder vote even though the outcome is a given?
April 29, 2022, 08:19 PM
oddball

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965
April 30, 2022, 06:07 AM
stickman428
I was wondering how long it would take for the queen of stupid to chime in on all of this. Big Grin

Bless her heart. She doesn’t even realize people like her helped make these changes to Twitter not only possible but inevitable. Big Grin

That response by the way from Elon is brilliant trolling. AOC claimed someone was hitting on her because of all the negativity and attention she was getting. Elon remembers this and is mocking her for it. Cool

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance
April 30, 2022, 08:54 AM
parabellum
These children actually flagged as "sensitive content" a Babylon Bee post about Twitter employees being upset about Musk taking over Twitter?

Twitter employees are upset about being chided about being upset? Roll Eyes

Bill Maher rips Twitter for flagging Babylon Bee amid Elon Musk takeover

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023
May 01, 2022, 01:36 AM
PASig

May 01, 2022, 05:04 AM
nhtagmember
Ha ha Big Grin
May 01, 2022, 03:51 PM
83v45magna
"AOC thinks @elonmusk is a men’s cologne."

I can't take credit, I stole it from someone with the twitter handle 'Mini AOC'.

...also said "Joe Biden thinks 9-11 are his work hours."

https://twitter.com/RealMiniAOC

May 01, 2022, 06:10 PM
sdy
William Shatner:

BTW, since it seems to be the latest “thing” on here. I’m stating that I’m staying on Twitter. Besides I think
@elonmusk is adorbs. Also, full disclosure: I’m trying to pitch Elon to hire me as face of Twitter. #dumpthebird

Elon Musk:

You will always be my Captain
May 01, 2022, 06:38 PM
gpbst3
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:

AOC responded to his tweet claiming she was talking about Facebooks Zuckerberg not Musk. Sure you were!

May 02, 2022, 01:22 PM
PASig
Man, Elon Musk is not farting around today. He reminds me of Trump in that he's got a gift for taking whatever his detractors are flinging at him that day, picking it up and flinging it back in their stunned faces 10 times harder:

NBC/MSNBC has been on a "All Republicans are Rightwing White Nationalist Nazis!" tear today and Musk has finally had enough:

Same org that covered up Hunter Biden laptop story, had Harvey Weinstein story early & killed it & built Matt Lauer his rape office. Lovely people.

They are absolutely terrified of this guy, I love it.

May 02, 2022, 01:30 PM
oddball
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
William Shatner:

BTW, since it seems to be the latest “thing” on here. I’m stating that I’m staying on Twitter. Besides I think
@elonmusk is adorbs. Also, full disclosure: I’m trying to pitch Elon to hire me as face of Twitter. #dumpthebird

Elon Musk:

You will always be my Captain

From what I read years ago, the "face" of Twitter, the blue bird, was inspired by Celtics legend Larry Bird.

Shatner's cool, but not as cool as Larry Legend Smile

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965
May 02, 2022, 01:45 PM
Balzé Halzé
Oh boy. They must be desperate to shut this man up. He's asking all the right questions.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

May 02, 2022, 06:05 PM
gearhounds
^^^^
Elon makes a really good point; why are none of the child rapists being shoved under the spotlight? I think we know the reason…

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown
May 02, 2022, 07:25 PM
Balzé Halzé

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

May 02, 2022, 07:29 PM
SIGnified
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
^^^^
Elon makes a really good point; why are none of the child rapists being shoved under the spotlight? I think we know the reason…

Because they are all global heads of state pedophiles … protected

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein
May 05, 2022, 02:51 PM
Ripley
PARAG AGRAWAL FIRED

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.
May 05, 2022, 03:11 PM
parabellum
"Thank you, but don't feel for me."

Damn, son, you're getting a 42 million dollar payout. Why should anyone feel sorry for you, you fucking narcissist?

You're getting 42 million for getting fired. Be HAPPY, you spoiled brat!
May 06, 2022, 08:11 AM
KLGUY
I can count the forums I am registered at on one hand.
No social media for me either. But the more people Musk pisses off,the more I am leaning towards a twitter account.