SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Elon Musk buys 73 million shares of Twitter, becomes largest stockholder
Page 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... 71
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elon Musk buys 73 million shares of Twitter, becomes largest stockholder Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Apparently CBS lasted 21 hours on their “pause” of using the app, I noticed even the local Philly CBS affiliate CBS3 had stopped using it. Elon and others called them out on their stunt and they resumed. Losers Big Grin

Posts: 33862 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:

Social engineers vs. actual engineers.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12345 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Sound like Elon learned a few thing running the Trump poll.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16724 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
We have seen how spiteful, mendacious and viscous the Left is. We have watched the demons bludgeon Donald Trump for seven years with no sign of slowing. I have little doubt Musk is in their reticle and they are locking on. Let’s hope Elon is as resilient as the Donald. Few people are.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29723 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^

One thing Elon Musk has in common with Trump is that both operate on 4 hours of sleep a night. Both are extremely motivated, high functioning humans and sleep just gets in the way of a productive day. They need 20 hours per day to get shit done.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16724 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
^^^^^^

One thing Elon Musk has in common with Trump is that both operate on 4 hours of sleep a night. Both are extremely motivated, high functioning humans and sleep just gets in the way of a productive day. They need 20 hours per day to get shit done.

100% true statement, they can do long hours over long periods of time. My current boss is like that. Makes my job very trying but fun as hell. I'm thinking those that remain at Twitter and going to have a work experience that few can say they have had.

Posts: 7562 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Smile It's all just too good...

Elon Musk pokes fun at CBS' short-lived Twitter hiatus after network resumes tweeting less than 48 hours later

Elon Musk poked fun at CBS for returning to Twitter after less than a 48-hour hiatus due to "uncertainty" with the platform under his management.

Two days after the major news network said it would suspend all Twitter usage, CBS announced that it will resume activity Sunday as it continues to monitor "security concerns" they have with the platform since the billionaire Tesla CEO took over the company.

"After pausing for much of the weekend to assess the security concerns, CBS News and Stations is resuming its activity on Twitter as we continue to monitor the situation," the CBS News Public Relations team wrote on Twitter.

CBS' departure marked one of the first major media entities to flee Twitter in the wake of threats from many Musk critics to leave the platform with him at the helm. 

Mocking their short-lived hiatus from Twitter, Musk responded to the network's statement Sunday afternoon with a giggling emoji. His wordless response received nearly 100,000 likes in an hour.

The hasty return to Twitter comes after the network spent much of Friday’s episode of "CBS Evening News with Norah O’Donnell" focussing on "Twitter turmoil" in light of the mass resignations of employees offended by Musk’s "ultimatum" from earlier this week prompted by his email asking all employees asking them to commit to an "extremely hardcore" workload or leave the company.

The ensuing chaos and a quote from a disgruntled former engineer who claimed that the culture of Twitter under Musk was one of "fear and…anxiety" seemingly made an impression on CBS, who announced during the segment its decision to pause its usage of Twitter citing "uncertainty" over Musk's management of the platform.

The statement announcing CBS' return to Twitter was widely mocked on the platform with Musk defenders tweeting out laughing emojis and memes branding it the "shortest virtue signal ever."

"CBS News had no issue with the sharing of child sexual abuse materials on Twitter, yet "paused" posting on this website for 21 hours over "security concerns" (i.e. Elon Musk’s "Trump reinstatement" poll)," journalist Siraj Hashmi wrote.

Olympic gold medalist Caitlyn Jenner responded with three laughing emojis, while political comedian Tim Young congratulated the network for "making yourselves look like a complete joke. 

"Congrats on being the CNN PLUS of Twitter boycotts," Fox News radio host Jimmy Failla wrote.

"Translation: "we virtue-signalled too impulsively and now are hastily backtracking, although we're trying hard to avoid taking any responsibility for the consequences of our stupidity." Canadian psychologist Jordan Peterson replied.

"You weren't missed," conservative vlogger Luke Rudkowski wrote.

"Hahahaaa," Libs of TikTok chimed in. 

"Are you guys going to be okay?" NewsBusters managing editor Curtis Houck responded.

Posts: 107706 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Olympic gold medalist Caitlyn Jenner responded with three laughing emojis, while political comedian Tim Young congratulated the network for "making yourselves look like a complete joke.

Slight thread drift if I may. Woke proscriptions against deadnaming notwithstanding, how can they seriously call Caitlyn Jenner an Olympic gold medalist when that is clearly not the case? Bruce Jenner was the Olympic gold medalist and had he transitioned prior to the Olympics, those medals would have been won by someone else.

Posts: 7321 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
We have seen how spiteful, mendacious and viscous the Left is. We have watched the demons bludgeon Donald Trump for seven years with no sign of slowing. I have little doubt Musk is in their reticle and they are locking on. Let’s hope Elon is as resilient as the Donald. Few people are.

I don't trust those fuckers one bit!
I hate to sound like a tinfoil helmeted conspiracy theorist, but...

I have more than a few friends at the Cook Co States Attorneys Office. You know, "The Good Guys/Gals", the ones that actually WANT and LIKE putting bad people in prison, and aren't into the "woke" B.S.
Recently, one of them was fired. No one could give him a reason for his termination. Nice enough guy who actually preformed his job, none of his bosses complained about him or his work. I've met him a few times.

***It is alleged*** that he ran an "underground" twitter account that was rather truthful, and called some of the higher-ups (States Attorneys and Judges) out on their bullshit. (something similar to Second City Cop, for those who remember)

I wouldn't put it past the fine people at the OLD Twitter to "out" these conservatives / Right Thinking people who were a thorn in the side of people like Kim Foxx, Lightfoot, Deblasio, Mosby, and the rest of the Left before they hit the exit door at Twitter.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8362 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
From the wife’s twitter feed Big Grin

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15616 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Superlative trolling

Whoever at CBS made this decision should be embarrassed, though I doubt they have that much of a clue. Their little temper tantrum did nothing to help them, and made them a laughingstock.

The best part is that neither they nor anyone like them will learn a lesson from this, and before too long, we'll be seeing similar things from other leftists.

Posts: 107706 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Elon has definitely reached troll master supreme status. I may do twitter just to enjoy the show.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7081 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
The best part is that neither they nor anyone like them will learn a lesson from this, and before too long, we'll be seeing similar things from other leftists.

OTOH, since Musk is renowned for his marketing ability, and his willingness to respond and take on anyone or any company, we might see these organizations put out crazy things like CBS to simply provoke Musk and elicit a response, Musk doesn't care if it's true or not, it's immediately news worldwide and Twitter is the reason...

A Twitter war is good advertising, it's free, and it's easy to make happen.

Just like the Trump reinstatement, DJT has previously said he wouldn't go back to Twitter,

Musk knows this however he starts a discussion and poll knowing that A) This will stir up the leftist media B) it will get the trolls rolling with tweets C) He gets to be in the spotlight and put Twitter in the news D) it outs the bots which is another good twitter story ie a byline to the Trump reinstatement story E)it cost him zero to do it.

Either way, it's a good show...

Posts: 23562 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I guess I'll put this here as opposed to the Trump thread, but do any of you know if Musk and President Trump talk. It appears there is mutual admiration and I wonder if there is a friendship?

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38713 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
From Columbia Journalism Review....quite hilarious.

*basically, Mastodon is where all the commies are trying to re-create their own version of Twitter.

quote:

Journalists want to re-create Twitter on Mastodon. Mastodon is not into it.

EVER SINCE ELON MUSK completed his $45 billion takeover of Twitter last month, there has been a steady stream of users, including a number of journalists, signing up for Mastodon, an open-source alternative.

No one controls Mastodon—or rather, everyone controls their own version of it. There are thousands of servers running the software, and each one chooses which servers it “federates,” or exchanges information with. Don’t like the users who belong to a specific server? Just block them.

Unfortunately for some of the journalists who have joined the service, this mass-blocking (or “defederation”) approach is now being applied to them. A server that caters specifically to journalists was set up recently by Adam Davidson, creator of NPR’s Planet Money podcast. At last count, the server, called journa.host, had about thirteen hundred users, including some prominent journalists (and me). Earlier this week, a user of another network pointed out that about forty-five “instances” are blocking all content from members of journa.host.

Among the reasons given for blocking users from the server are that it is allegedly populated by “click-bait/tabloid journalists” who “can be expected to collect, search through, and misinterpret anything you say with the goal to share this publicly to an as big audience as possible, enabling hate and harassment to any one as long as it gives them clicks [sic].” Others who have blocked the server say that its members are likely to be “surveillance capitalists” or “mainstream propagandists.”

The administrator of an academic server wrote that the journa.host server is “willing to host some extremely scumbag journalist types and we don’t need to be on their radar.” Another said that “reporters mining social media for fodder without the authors’ knowledge or consent is a plague on every other social media platform, and I think [the Mastodon universe] should nip it in the bud.” (For the record, I’m aware that some users might think that what I’m doing with this article also fits that description.)

One journalist who is on Mastodon noted that there is also a cultural difference between the way people often behave on Twitter and expectations on Mastodon. “I’m seeing a clear signal that this is at least in part about norms and conduct,” he said, including “a legacy insistence on sharing your articles, live-posting breaking news, etc.” from journalists more used to Twitter. “That doesn’t fly here.” Despite attempts by Mastodon veterans to educate new users about these differences, he said, many journalists are “stomping around doing the same-old same-old.”

There are approximately seven thousand Mastodon servers at the moment, so the fact that forty-five of them block one server of journalists isn’t really the end of the world. But it remains to be seen whether Mastodon overall will welcome an influx of reporters fleeing Twitter and hoping to re-create what they had there.

Note: An earlier version of this story linked to a website associated with KiwiFarms, an online forum known for harassing other users. That link has been removed. Also, a previous version said there were twelve thousand servers running Mastodon — that number has been updated based on official estimates.

https://www.cjr.org/analysis/j...n-is-not-into-it.php

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4336 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:
From Columbia Journalism Review....quite hilarious.

*basically, Mastodon is where all the commies are trying to re-create their own version of Twitter.

quote:

Journalists want to re-create Twitter on Mastodon. Mastodon is not into it.

LOL, what a shitshow

Let these Commies and Wokies all try to out-Commie and out-Woke each other on their own little Island Of Misfit Toys. Roll Eyes

Posts: 33862 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Don’t like the users who belong to a specific server? Just block them.

That's the ticket... We can all just wall ourselves off into increasingly tiny social media echo chambers to continually reinforce our personal beliefs, and never have to confront any idea that might educate us, present other facts, challenge our worldview, offer alternate theories, or expand our horizons.

Roll Eyes

Posts: 32547 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Apple just removed all of their tweets from their official Twitter account. Phil Schiller, one of the head honchos there just deleted his Twitter account.

I think Apple is going to try and deplatform Twitter very soon by removing the app from the App Store.

Things are getting interesting.