SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is that idiot Biden gonna get us in a war with Russia or China?
Page 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 192
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is that idiot Biden gonna get us in a war with Russia or China? Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:

Ukraine: Mariupol city council claims Russia destroys crowded theater — live updates
Video has emerged of a theater in the Ukrainian port city after it was allegedly flattened by a Russian bomb.

Russia bombs theater used as shelter in Mariupol, council claims

Video emerged of the Mariupol Drama Theater in the Ukrainian port city after it was flattened by a Russian bomb.

Hundreds of people were said to have been sheltering there at the time.

Mariupol's city council claimed in a statement, "It is still impossible to estimate the scale of this horrific and inhumane act."

Ukraine's foreign minister Dmytro Kuleba wrote on Twitter, "Russians could not have not known this was a civilian shelter."

Ukraine's parliament, the Verkhovna Rada, tweeted, "Now there are fierce battles. No one can reach the blockages, we don't know if there are any survivors."
Full article: Ukraine: Mariupol city council claims Russia destroys crowded theater — live updates

This is the kind of thing that may eventually provoke other players into taking an active role on Ukraine's side.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Most uninspiring POTUS ever

Walks and talks like a demented, senile old crooked mobster. Answers questions like one as well.

Just needs the standard issue O2 bottle for court trial/impeachment.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26758 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Meanwhile the liberal, idiotic mainstream media love him b/c they get to interpret his incoherent mumbling.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Even though not a damned one of them can claim any kind of expertise in gerontology or dementia. Wheee!

Posts: 27295 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
Most uninspiring POTUS ever

Walks and talks like a demented, senile old crooked mobster. Answers questions like one as well.

Just needs the standard issue O2 bottle for court trial/impeachment.
If it looks like a demented, senile old crooked mobster . . . .

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27909 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good thing that Trump restocked the military. Otherwise we would have no equipment to give away. Of course, we already lost 85 billion in equipment. Seems Biden is anxious to weaken us at every turn

Posts: 1426 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://hotair.com/ed-morrisse...ls-at-odessa-n455729

How does a modern army lose four generals in combat in less than three weeks? If this latest report from Ukraine’s defense forces gets confirmed, Oleg Mityaev would only be the latest strategic brain drain from an invasion force that already suffers from strategic brainlessness. Mityaev was no greenhorn in combat either

Ukraine has killed another Russian general in a further “serious blow to the morale” of the invading forces, a government adviser said Wednesday.

Maj. Gen. Oleg Mityaev died Tuesday during the storming of Ukraine’s most devastated city, Mariupol, according to Interior Ministry adviser Anton Gerashchenko — who later posted a photo of the body.

Mityaev would be at least the fourth general killed during the invasion, which Kremlin officials are reportedly calling a complete “clusterf–k.’’

Mityaev, 46, commanded the 150th Motorized Rifle Division and had fought in Syria, Gerashchenko said, saying his body was found with “the shoulder straps of a major general.”

It is estimated that 20 generals are deployed in Ukraine to command Russian troops through the invasion.

In only one week in early March, Ukraine reported the deaths of Major General Andrei Sukhovetsky, commanding general of the Russian 7th Airborne Division and deputy commander of the 41st Army, and Major General Vitaly Gerasimov, chief of staff of the 41st Army.

Sukhovetsky was killed by sniper fire, while Gerasimov was shot dead outside the eastern city of Kharkiv, according to Ukrainian reports. The death of Sukhovetsky was confirmed in a speech by Russian President Vladimir Putin on March 3.

Major General Andrei Kolesnikov, commander of the 29th Combined Arms Army, was killed on March 11, Ukraine said.

Ukrainian forces have stalled them at Odessa, and Mariupol appears to be still holding out:

Mykolaiv, a city of about 500,000 people on Ukraine’s Black Sea shoreline, is all that’s standing in Russia’s way of an assault on the major port city of Odessa.

But despite more than a week of heavy bombardment, Ukraine’s forces in Mykolaiv have remarkably thwarted Russian advances — a major blow to the Kremlin’s apparent plans for an attack on Odessa, an economic lifeline for Ukraine as one of the largest Black Sea ports. Though Russian warships have lingered off the coast of Odessa, local officials have said the Russians are probably delaying any amphibious assault until they can get more ground support from their forces in the east.

That is how Mykolaiv has become a crucial roadblock. The region’s governor, Vitaliy Kim, told The Washington Post on Monday that some Russian forces were beaten back from here and are currently located in Kherson, about 40 miles to the southeast. They’ve repeatedly shelled the city, including civilian residences, with suspected cluster munitions, but have been unable to move into Mykolaiv itself.

Ukraine’s stand at Mykolaiv underscores how Russia’s advance in parts of the country has stalled, making this war more of a fight than many expected. Russia has more manpower and firepower, but it has been bogged down by what U.S. officials have said was a poor military strategy and basic logistical and supply issues.

Posts: 19700 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:

Russia bombs theater used as shelter in Mariupol, council claims

Those Godless commies are no better than the muslims. Fucking animals.

Posts: 20251 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
If reports of the number seeking shelter of 1200, it don't look good on Putin's BINGO card.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44108 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^ Well, what was he doing blowing up a theater anyway?
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
How does a modern army lose four generals in combat in less than three weeks?

Maybe they thought it was safer at the front than back in Moscow?

Posts: 27295 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Haha, holy shit, amazing...

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30649 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WTF?

....this was in Plano, as in Texas?
Not CA, not NY, not WA or, Portland but, Texas

At a city council meeting?

Posts: 14835 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure this same guy has done this before. He's straight up trolling, and I think it's hilarious.

ETA: yeah, he rapped about vaccines at a Dallas city council meeting a few months ago. It's completely off topic so I won't embed it, but here's the link.

https://youtu.be/-C9nxRYzt-0

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30649 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
https://hotair.com/ed-morrisse...ls-at-odessa-n455729

How does a modern army lose four generals in combat in less than three weeks? .......

This is how I'd repel an invading force. Let them invade. Then one by one assassinate them from the top down. Maybe that's not conventional, but in an existential conflict, I'll do what I have to.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29806 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I accept that’s there’s a lot going on behind the scenes, intel, ‘advising’ & the like. I’d rather details of military aid packages were kept a little quieter. It can’t be hard for the Ruskies to figure out preferred supply routes.

I’d rather they find out about a weapons system when it’s about to hit the tank, no sooner.

Most understand a traditional ‘no-fly’ zone could be problematic with potential escalation. That said I’m thinking there are middle ground options to make it difficult for the opposing force to operate effectively. Even navigation or targeting disruption would be of some help.

I don’t think it’s in any way ‘accidental’ when a battlefield general is eliminated, keep it up.

One can read about previous corruption in Ukraine, likely something to it. Even with that known, it’s still easy to root against Putin.

Posts: 6251 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sourdough44:
I accept that’s there’s a lot going on behind the scenes, intel, ‘advising’ & the like. I’d rather details of military aid packages were kept a little quieter. It can’t be hard for the Ruskies to figure out preferred supply routes.

No kidding. I wonder what the modern-day equivalent of the Lusitania sinking will look like?

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16202 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:

One can read about previous corruption in Ukraine, likely something to it. Even with that known, it’s still easy to root against Putin.

There has always been corruption in Ukraine, I like to tell the story of a relative of my wife. She works in a government department that by it's nature allows some people to get ahead in line so to speak. Her "official" take home a couple years ago was ~$400, at that time she bought a Honda Accord for 40K euros Roll Eyes

When I broke my collar bone there (in Kharkiv) 2 hospitals did not even have the supplies to operate on it (don't attempt a flying somersault half way through a Ukrainian birthday party....)

Anyway, her Aunt made some calls and the next day I had an appointment at the biggest hospital in the city where the 2 of the head surgeons preceded to cut me open and put a plate in all while the head anesthesiologist told they were making KGB jokes Big Grin

For this we paid $600...directly to the doctors

The current president got into office almost as a fluke he ran on an anti corruption platform. Not sure if he was just full of shit or was not so quietly told to sit down and shut up.

For the last couple years the only people accused of corruption were people that supported the previous regime...hmmmmmmm

I am not saying this to in anyway support what the russians are doing....hell they blew up my favorite restaurant where I first proposed to my wife not to mention driving my family from Kharkiv.

I am just saying they are all corrupt fucks and all 3 sides, Ukraine the Russians and the Western power are lying on a daily basis.

Right now I just want this damned war to end so we can take care of the family ....don't really care if it's the russians or the Ukrainians that win as they are the same and not much will change for the actual citizens.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seems like this administration and the world is storming headlong into a nuclear war.

The "Big Guy" has to earn his 10% but the stage seems like it's being set for another bigger crisis which some people will be more than happy to exploit.

quote:
Third of Americans Would Risk Nuclear War With Russia Over Ukraine: Poll

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...84Gh?ocid=uxbndlbing

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13431 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am just saying they are all corrupt fucks and all 3 sides, Ukraine the Russians and the Western power are lying on a daily basis.

That sums up why we shouldn't be there. It's not our fight. It's sad. But we shouldn't get involved.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24321 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
President Zelensky's address to the U.S. Congress yesterday. During his address he shows a brief video that contains some brief graphic war images. I had heard previously that some of the dead were being buried in mass graves, and the video seems to confirm this.

@19 minute video

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q-kuGHPs4TU

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post