SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is that idiot Biden gonna get us in a war with Russia or China?
Page 1 ... 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 ... 193
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is that idiot Biden gonna get us in a war with Russia or China? Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
This is the shittiest coup I've ever seen.
I dunno. The alleged "coup" in Turkey a few years back was pretty damn silly.

In both cases the coup leaders failed to neutralize the top man and his top people at the very start. That's Coup 101.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you are going to start a coup, you are going for broke. There would be no turning back.

Might this have been staged to discover disloyal Officers in the Russian Army? Who knows.

Would it have ended this easy? I don't think so.

Posts: 13100 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^By all accounts, 'attempted' Coups! That said, who goes before the media to announce an attempted Coup anyway? Is not the element of surprise critical? This very well could've been staged for a specific purpose, and/or just another propaganda tool.

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9440 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Help me understand -

Was this an attempted coup against Putin?

Against the establishment?

I thought Prigozhin said at the onset he wasn't targeting Putin, but the Ministry of Defense who was/is/are lying to Putin about the War in Ukraine?

Sitting here with my popcorn waiting to see what concessions were made.

Posts: 499 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: September 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
CNN :

Wagner head says group standing down after claims of deal

https://www.cnn.com/europe/liv...-06-24-23/index.html

Fox:

Wagner Group chief Yevgeny Prigozhin said Saturday he has ordered his fighters to halt their march on Moscow and return to their bases in Ukraine to avoid bloodshed.

Prigozhin's announcement seemingly puts an end to what observers called the most significant challenge to Russian President Vladimir Putin's regime in his 23 years in power.

In audio posted to social media, Prigozhin said that while his troops were just 120 miles from Moscow, he chose to turn back to avoid "shedding Russian blood."

The Associated Press reports he didn’t say whether Moscow has responded to his demand to oust Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu. There was no immediate comment from the Kremlin.

The announcement followed a statement from the office of Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko saying that he had negotiated a deal with Prigozhin after discussing the issue with Putin. Prigozhin agreed to halt the advance in a proposed settlement that contains security guarantees for Wagner troops, Lukashenko's office said. It didn’t elaborate.

https://www.foxnews.com/live-n...march-towards-moscow

Prigozhin is a bandit. Sounds like they paid the "ransom" one way or another. How good do you think the "security guarantee" is ?

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Theatre

posted Hide Post
CNN reporting that Wagner turning around and backing down. Guess they didn’t start the revolt they were hoping for, or were caught off guard by Putin coming after them hard. Either way, they’re done. Betting that Prigozhin will show up in a neutral country asking for asylum very shortly.

https://www.cnn.com/europe/liv...-06-24-23/index.html

Posts: 3415 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 33067 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I wouldn’t trust Putin or Lukashenko as far as I could throw them.

So ex-chef Prigozhin agrees to stand down and withdraw because he’s been promised a “deal” from these two snakes?

He’s going to get whacked very soon I think.

Posts: 34579 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Like I said a few pages ago, don't believe anything that you're hearing or reading and only half of what you see.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30926 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Like I said a few pages ago, don't believe anything that you're hearing or reading and only half of what you see.

I told my wife something similar this morning.

Posts: 3541 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7740 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17175 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
More theatrics. Maybe Prigozhin is going to start another front against Ukraine from Belarus.(speculation) Belarus now has tactical nuclear weapons provided by Russia and have said they would use them if attacked by NATO countries.

Wagner group chief Prigozhin expected to avoid criminal charges and instead be exiled.

https://justthenews.com/accoun..._campaign=newsletter

The Wagner group chief Yevgeny Prigozhin, who led an alleged uprising against the Russian government, is likely not to face criminal charges and will instead be exiled, according to the Kremlin.

Kremlin spokesman Dmitri Peskov stated on Saturday that the criminal case against Prigozhin will be dropped, according to a report from The New York Times. He is expected to go to Belarus.

It was apparently negotiations between Prigozhin and President Aleksandr Lukashenko of Belarus that led to the apparent agreement to end the security crisis that has gripped Russia and the world, and helped resolve the situation without armed fighting, according to the Times.

Those who marched with Prigozhin will also avoid criminal prosecution, according to reports.

Prigozhin on Saturday ordered his mercenary forces to turn back and return to their bases, and stop heading toward Moscow.

Early reports of Russian President Vladimir Putin fleeing Moscow were denied by his spokesperson.

Before the armed rebellion was called off, Moscow Mayor Sergei Sobyanin urged Russian residents to stay off the roads and declared Monday to be a non-working day for most residents, with exceptions for public service jobs and industrial enterprises.

Prigozhin has long feuded with the Ministry of Defense over its prosecution of the war in Ukraine. On Friday night, tensions reached a boiling point as Prigozhin announced he had withdrawn his forces from Ukraine and entered Russia via Rostov, CNN reported. He accused the Kremlin of attacking his men, which the government has strongly denied.

Left-Handed,
NOT Left-Winged!
posted Hide Post
A Russian business associate says Prigozhin got too big for his britches and Putin wanted him dead. The rocket attack on his troops didn't get him, and with nothing to lose he went for revenge, probably to his death but then they were going to kill him anyway so he had nothing to lose. "Tony Montana say hello to my little friend style" is what my associate said.

Now with supposed safe harbor in Belarus the next question is if his troops still keep working for the Russians. Of course if you remember the Godfather, guarantees of safety are not to be trusted because they are just a ruse to get you to put your guard down.

And this could all have been a staged event to get Wagner into Belarus to open a second front against Ukraine without it being obvious that is the plan.

Posts: 4931 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, none of this is stupid and everyone involved looks really smart.

Yep

Rocket surgeons everywhere

"To the death!" Perhaps there's a mistranslation from Russian to English, because this is not what "...or die" means.

Posts: 109088 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
I don't know what the hell that was, and I don't know if I'll ever know what that was. Did they just out all 25K of MECENARIES! for questionable loyalty?

Posts: 7636 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Hiding out In Putin's lap dogs back yard is never going to be a safe zone. I'm betting Prigozhin will be dead within the next month.

Posts: 7740 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:
I'm betting Prigozhin will be dead within the next month.
Doubt it'll be quick death like a bullet. Most likely a nerve agent like Novichok or radiation like polonium-210. The Russians have killed several times enemies in exile using those two methods.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23674 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
I'm immediately reminded of the Peter Sellers movie "The Mouse That Roared"...

Posts: 4564 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post