SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is that idiot Biden gonna get us in a war with Russia or China?
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 192
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is that idiot Biden gonna get us in a war with Russia or China? Login/Join 
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
I don't think that would have come out in our favor. Russia had twice as many men and just as good equipment as the US did. And its leaders were not concerned with deaths of their men, either.

Well, we also had nukes.

We had 3. We used 2 of those in Japan. IIRC it would have been on the order of months before we'd have been able to refine enough weapons grade material to build any more.

Posts: 7304 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:
Any sanctions for Belarus or Moldova?

Why would we sanction Moldova? They're not an ally of Russia.

Russia has an ongoing military "peacekeeping" presence in the breakaway region of Transnistria on the Moldovan border with Ukraine, but they've basically been occupying that area with the support of the Transnistrian populace but against Moldova's wishes. Moldova and NATO have been trying to convince Russia to leave Moldovan territory for over two decades.

That'd be like sanctioning Ukraine because Russian troops had been occupying areas of the Donbas and Crimea.
I don't know much about Moldova other than it was reported Russian troops were massing there and troops came from Moldova into Ukraine.

Belarus is just another puppet state and freely participated in this mess. Seems like they should suffer some effect from this war.

Posts: 7727 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
The press + this guy = Clown World.

Hopefully, the majority of the American public are sufficiently sophisticated to see through that exchange.

Impeachment is called for. If this imbecile is really so incompetent as to not realize how potentially destabilizing and wrong is his response, he needs to go, now.

Posts: 108095 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:
Belarus is just another puppet state and freely participated in this mess. Seems like they should suffer some effect from this war.
Belarus targeted with dozens of sanctions over Russian invasion

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Hopefully, the majority of the American public is sufficiently sophisticated to see through that exchange.
If what I've observed is any guide I fear you may be disappointed Frown

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
That does not help in the least.

This whole Goddamned thing is stupid beyond words.

Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
These people have had quite a bit of success using fear and hysteria. Why limit yourself....terror can be generated from multiple sources. The left plans to recast the potato into a 'wartime' President. All this globalist, NATO hugging nonsense will result in quite a bill for the good old USA.

Posts: 1990 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
quote:
Originally posted by tleddy:
A quotation from “Daily Mail” UK, quoting Whitehouse Spokesman about Trump:

It's the Daily Mail after all, they're the UK version (or vice-versa) to USA Today; lotta pictures, graphics and headline grabbing quotes but, short on any information.

Huh?

I often get far more information about current events from them than most American MSM sources. Back when that Vegas concert shooting happened, they had far more details than US sources who seemed on some sort of weird self-imposed blackout.

Posts: 34064 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by gw3971:
Belarus targeted with dozens of sanctions over Russian invasion

Thank ensigmatic!!

Posts: 7727 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
I listened to what the "sanctions" are on NPR where they filiatiate Biden on an hourly basis.
He didn't go after Putin's finances at all.
Much less anything of real importance.
A big ole nothing sandwich.
Biden basically handed Ukraine over to the Russians.
Wonder who is next.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39793 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
It is beginning to seem that we as a nation would retain what fleeting credibility we have if the Potatus just went to Delaware for a nap and came back to the White House when Putin is finished. The benefits would be defusing any tension by the Potatus lame attempts at being a leader, and doing nothing on the world stage is better than making things worse. The sanctions imposed by Potatus are laughable and Putin knows he has no adversary in our leadership.

Posts: 2794 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Taiwanese have to be crapping their pants.

P229

Posts: 3880 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
The Japanese have been up gunning their navy. And the Air Force I believe. They’ve seen Russian and Chinese naval ships navigating through their waters. There is contested territory far to the north.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26758 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
China, when Xi decides to take Taiwan he will have the full support of Putin and we will do nothing, not a blessed thing and we will let Taiwan fall, Potatus lame response when this happens will make his response to Putin seem like a Teddy Roosevelt moment, the costs to this nation in the installment of Potatus are horrible and will take decades to recover from. The South China Sea will soon be under China control and Japan and South Korea should be nervous, very nervous because our leadership lacks any resolve and this sitting Congress will not start proceedings to change that.

Posts: 2794 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoseyWales2
posted Hide Post
Sanctions are nothing more than a bunch of meaningless virtue signaling at the nation state level. It's just "well we're doing SOMETHING!!" I'm having a hard time thinking of an instance in which sanctions have actually accomplished anything. It's too easy to cheat on them with neighboring countries. The only way I see them theoretically working is against an island state where you can throw up a naval blockade, and Russia is far from being an island.

----------------------------------
"These things you say we will have, we already have."
"That's true. I ain't promising you nothing extra."

Posts: 581 | Location: Missouri | Registered: October 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The complete, absolute, profound incompetence of the Biden administration, combined with the fawning, lying bullshit of the news media is enough to make anyone who loves this country fall into despair. It is indescribably depressing, watching the stupid behavior of all these people.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
It’s awfully hard to explain to 2 young men. They blame us for pissing away the dream.

I’ve told them that we are all born in our time.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26758 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The complete, absolute, profound incompetence of the Biden administration, combined with the fawning, lying bullshit of the news media is enough to make anyone who loves this country fall into despair. It is indescribably depressing, watching the stupid behavior of all these people.

Incompetence would be the term if the Biden Administration made attempts at doing what was right and in the best interest of our nation; and continually failed to achieve those attempts I don’t believe that is the case, the actions of his administration are deliberate and intentional. Potatus handlers may be trying to portray incompetence but I truly believe that there is another endgame at play in which this is the forerunner to; I’m not talking tinfoil hat conspiracies but something that his handlers have set as an objective to achieve. I’m not smart an enough to hazard what that may be, but whatever it is I’m certain for the majority here and our beliefs it is not a positive.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
OK, some shadowy thing. You don't know what it is, but you think that's what's going on. Gotcha.

Have you ever heard of Hanlon's Razor:

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

I suggest re-thinking all of this.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
There's a reason why out of the last 20 or so years, Putin never made any moves in those four years Trump was President...

"There are other stories making the rounds, too, and they are even more provocative. One has it that Trump — noting that Putin seized land from Georgia when George W. Bush was president and seized the Crimean peninsula when Barack Obama was president — warned Putin against a land grab on his watch.

“If you move against Ukraine while I’m president,” Trump is said to have told the Russian leader, “I will hit Moscow."

Putin reportedly scoffed, “No way,” leading Trump to say, “All those beautiful golden turrets will be blown up.”"

https://nypost.com/2022/02/22/...erkel-at-mar-a-lago/

The thing is, Putin believed Trump just might be crazy enough to do it.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30557 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
I know Hanlon’s Razor, but my thinking on this is there are articulate, intelligent and calculating people surrounding Biden, their motives, principles, beliefs and endeavors are not what my moral or political mindset is, and maybe not the majority here, but that doesn’t negate the fact that they are intelligent and calculating possibly even diabolical in nature to what any of us here wants. I don’t think it is just incompetence. I may be wrong, and my thinking may not be correct, I’ve been wrong before and will be again, in the end whatever the cause incompetence or intentional it is not good for our Nation and her Citizens.