SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is that idiot Biden gonna get us in a war with Russia or China?
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 193
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is that idiot Biden gonna get us in a war with Russia or China? Login/Join 
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
What a fucking lunatic.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2...-nuclear-war-ukraine

quote:

President Vladimir V. Putin has ordered Russian troops into Ukraine but made clear his target goes beyond his neighbor to America’s “empire of lies,” and he threatened “consequences you have never faced in your history” for “anyone who tries to interfere with us.”

In a rambling speech early Thursday, full of festering historical grievances and accusations of a relentless Western plot against his country, Mr. Putin reminded the world that Russia “remains one of the most powerful nuclear states” with “a certain advantage in several cutting edge weapons.”

In effect, Mr. Putin’s speech, intended to justify the invasion, seemed to come close to threatening nuclear war.

In the context of Russia’s nuclear arsenal, Mr. Putin said, “there should be no doubt that any potential aggressor will face defeat and ominous consequences should it directly attack our country.”

Between this speech and the last one, I’m wondering if he’s in the early-to-middle stages of Alzheimer’s.

That particular sort of wild belligerence over ridiculous shit has been present in a number of people I’ve known who suffered from Alzheimer’s.

Then again, pretty much the entire government of the USSR acted that way in the 70s, so maybe it’s a cultural thing.

Either way, it takes a really special sort of person to say to himself, “You know what I really miss? The Cold War. Let’s see if we can go back to that.”

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
You think Putin is insane? Oh no, he's far from it. He's a calculated, patient, goal specific, effective leader. The West has become utterly impotent and puerile. Putin on the other hand is decidedly none of those things. He may be a thug. He may be a murderer and a mobster. He may be a dictator. But unlike the leaders in the West, Putin is a serious person.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30926 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
People need to recognize that Western civilization is in decline… The west hung itself on its own petard by embracing “virtues”, dismissing liberty and indoctrinating future generations with Marxist ideology.

It’s purposeful.

We are going to have to fight to keep it.
(If there’s anything left worth keeping.)

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26758 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
That speech by Putin was aimed directly at Biden to keep him filling his diaper for the rest of his term and freeze him in place to keep him from daring to do anything in retaliation. I'm sure it worked.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8620 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
You think Putin is insane? Oh no, he's far from it. He's a calculated, patient, goal specific, effective leader. The West has become utterly impotent and puerile. Putin on the other hand is decidedly none of those things. He may be a thug. He may be a murderer and a mobster. He may be a dictator. But unlike the leaders in the West, Putin is a serious person.

After listening to the cackling hen in Germany, Putin likely realized what his team was reading on the internet was more accurate than what was on MSNBC/CNN/CBS/ABC/PBS/etc.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14160 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
You were right… It’s Kamala’s fault.

Dumb woman lecturing Europe about violence/war and their own history. “You will be able to see the moon, with your own eyes!”

How fucking ridiculous. Of course Vladimir Putin moved in quickly after that. Xi is next.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26758 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
I'm sure it worked.

I'm not.

My vehicles are full, every Jerry can I have is full, and my bank accounts now have just enough money in them to keep them open.

Biden and the people controlling him are just arrogant (or devious...depending upon how you look at it) enough to do something really stupid. All it'll take is the flip of a switch and the power grid goes down, or the flip of a switch and the banks go down.

Cyberwar is real, the Russians are good at it, and we are woefully unprepared to defend against it. They could very easily bring us to our knees without firing a shot. Then? All bets are off.

I don't mean to sound like an alarmist, a conspiracy theorist, or just another kooky prepper, but if you're not planning for this eventuality you might want to consider it.

Posts: 20581 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
You were right… It’s Kamala’s fault.

Dumb woman lecturing Europe about violence/war and their own history. “You will be able to see the moon, with your own eyes!”

How fucking ridiculous. Of course Vladimir Putin moved in quickly after that. Xi is next.

Not necessarily her "fault" per se; she just removed all doubt just how stupid this administration is.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14160 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^ Yep! fueled my vehicles, and prepared for this just like you. My companies cyber security guys have been sweating bullets about what is to come. I took their word for it.

Posts: 7740 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Russia’s ministry of defense claimed in a Thursday statement that it destroyed 74 military facilities in Ukraine, according to the Russian state-owned news agency, RIA news agency.

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said in a statement that the country has suffered “serious losses” following the invasion.

Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty reports: “Zelenskiy spoke in a televised address on February 24 shortly after Russian missiles had targeted air bases and military infrastructure in at least 25 cities after Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered a “special” operation to “demilitarize” its neighbor and rival.”

https://www.breitbart.com/nati...azification-ukraine/

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
I'm sure it worked.

I'm not.

My vehicles are full, every Jerry can I have is full, and my bank accounts now have just enough money in them to keep them open.

Biden and the people controlling him are just arrogant (or devious...depending upon how you look at it) enough to do something really stupid. All it'll take is the flip of a switch and the power grid goes down, or the flip of a switch and the banks go down.

Cyberwar is real, the Russians are good at it, and we are woefully unprepared to defend against it. They could very easily bring us to our knees without firing a shot. Then? All bets are off.

I don't mean to sound like an alarmist, a conspiracy theorist, or just another kooky prepper, but if you're not planning for this eventuality you might want to consider it.

That's not what I meant...at all

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8620 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Either way, it takes a really special sort of person to say to himself, “You know what I really miss? The Cold War. Let’s see if we can go back to that.”

Not from his POV...

When the cold war was going on they were an Empire, he was powerful, and the Soviets stood with any power on Earth. Now he's a third rate thug with a weak economy, a small dog with a big bark determined to show he really is the bad ass he once was and still dreams of being.

And there is nobody to stop him, and he knows it.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10752 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Biden will respond strongly by filling his diaper and demanding an extra scoop of ice cream with dinner. The world stage has zero respect for this administration. Clown world is dead set on the honk back better agenda.

Posts: 780 | Location: FL | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maladat:
Between this speech and the last one, I’m wondering if he’s in the early-to-middle stages of Alzheimer’s.

That particular sort of wild belligerence over ridiculous shit has been present in a number of people I’ve known who suffered from Alzheimer’s.

Then again, pretty much the entire government of the USSR acted that way in the 70s, so maybe it’s a cultural thing.

That speech was aimed at the hawks in the Russian government, with the intention of making sure the West heard it. He hit all the grievances and points of contention, that the Russian hard-core's have been pounding the table about. Putin is a moderate within the government, the 2014 invasion secured Crimea but, didn't quite alter things the way they hoped; this invasion has nothing to do with Cold War romanticism but, Russian nationalism, securing the geographic borders they had in the 19th & 20th century.

Now, we're seeing bully-ball in 4K resolution, all the Lefties are creating their memes and crafting their 'I can't believe this!" statements. Germany, who put themselves in a energy corner, by over-relying on natural gas, regarding Nordstream-2, has a big decision to make. Meanwhile Poland and the Baltic's know they're next and have taken their defense more seriously than Ukraine did.

Posts: 15069 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Putin speaks for an hour Biden can’t get through his last 10 minutes speech even reading off the prompter without stumbling and then the what in gods name line. Like he got sidetracked and just said F-it and went off script again.

Posts: 4963 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:

Exactly. Putin is NOT considering nuclear war. He is 'threatening' the use of nukes to scare the sheep. That message is not for the US president (whoever that is right now), or the Senate/House, or the US military. It is to scare Joe and Jane Sixpack into insisting the US not get involved. Putin is a VERY competent and sophisticated leader. Putin is NOT re-starting the Cold War.

Idiots on Foxnews are going along with it, too. There was a headline about this crisis being 'worst since the Cuban Missile Crisis,' and calling Potatus a 'wartime president.' Uh, this is NOT OUR WAR. Not a single US soldier is (officially) at war. Potatus just happens to be sitting in the Oval Office while there is a war going on somewhere in the world. Quite a reach.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21923 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
I'm sure it worked.

I'm not.

I'm not certain what point it was to which you were responding, but I don't think it's the point he was making.

quote:
Cyberwar is real, the Russians are good at it, ...
As is China.

quote:
... and we are woefully unprepared to defend against it. They could very easily bring us to our knees without firing a shot. Then? All bets are off.
Also true.

Western corporations and governments remain complacent, despite numerous lessons over the last few years. Part of this is because many corporations still regard I.T. as mere overhead. An unfortunate necessity. Thus: Under-staffing (in both body count and competence) is rife and budgets low-balled.

quote:
This ^^^^^

We're not quite as prepared as I'd like, but we're probably better-prepared than 99.999% of the U.S. population.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is a seminar from 2015 talking about Ukraine. I don't agree with every point, but it does give some insight about how this war might have been avoided.

UnCommon Core: The Causes and Consequences of the Ukraine Crisis

John J. Mearsheimer, the R. Wendell Harrison Distinguished Service Professor in Political Science

Posts: 13098 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I got roasted saying nearly the same thing with a group of coworkers just a couple days ago - and I will add Putin is very intelligent and saavy on a level ANY other current western leaders will ever be capable of.

Posts: 513 | Location: SEMO | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
quote:

Exactly. Putin is NOT considering nuclear war. He is 'threatening' the use of nukes to scare the sheep. That message is not for the US president (whoever that is right now), or the Senate/House, or the US military. It is to scare Joe and Jane Sixpack into insisting the US not get involved. Putin is a VERY competent and sophisticated leader. Putin is NOT re-starting the Cold War.

Idiots on Foxnews are going along with it, too. There was a headline about this crisis being 'worst since the Cuban Missile Crisis,' and calling Potatus a 'wartime president.' Uh, this is NOT OUR WAR. Not a single US soldier is (officially) at war. Potatus just happens to be sitting in the Oval Office while there is a war going on somewhere in the world. Quite a reach.

Same thing to said about World War II. 80% of Americans were against it.

Wasn’t our war.

We lost so many in WW1 that we weren’t going to engage in another of Europe’s war.

I think Corsair’s post is accurate.

~Robert A. Heinlein