SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Salt Lake PD puts on duty ED Charge Nurse in handcuffs
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 23
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Salt Lake PD puts on duty ED Charge Nurse in handcuffs Login/Join 
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Someone is making rather pointed memes:

Linky

Linky 2

Example:

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31453 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DennisM:
quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:
A subpoena for those labs at a latter date would have been just fine. That of course assumes you can't get the victim to sign a medical release where he signs a one page form and the hospital copies all of the medical, treatment, xrays, labs and doctors notes which would have had his blood alcohol content. Thanks SLC and Det Payne. I am going to be apologizing to every nurse I know and work with for the next year because of you!

Agree, in spades, x1000.

Shit like this is the reason we can't have nice things.

A lot of ER's had deliveries of pizza and Edible Arrangements after this was made public.

Posts: 7020 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
Police dash camera footage of the attempted murder of the semi driver.

I see nothing in the video that would indicate they needed the blood drawn of the semi-driver to determine if he was driving impaired.

And what's the deal with the big explosion on impact - did I miss an explanation of that or does the media have us all looking at the asshole officers and not what's behind that.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3793 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
And what's the deal with the big explosion on impact -

That's what happens when two vehicles, each carrying explosive liquid fuels, collide. Vehicles burn all the time, especially when they wreck into each other at high speeds.

The fire seen in that video is coming from the truck's diesel tanks.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15722 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2012BOSS302:
quote:

I see nothing in the video that would indicate they needed the blood drawn of the semi-driver to determine if he was driving impaired.

And what's the deal with the big explosion on impact - did I miss an explanation of that or does the media have us all looking at the asshole officers and not what's behind that.

Looks like a full gas tank in the semi.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Mrs (nurse) just saw the article.

"He screwed the pooch"

Author,
cowboy,
friend to all
posted Hide Post
That is the nicest hospital I have ever been to, high quality care and it is nice to know they will be looking out for patients legally as well as medically.

Posts: 2401 | Location: Riverton Wyoming | Registered: June 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
quote:
Originally posted by 2012BOSS302:
quote:

Looks like a full gas tank in the semi.

I don't think diesel fuel is explosive.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd D. Barber:

I don't think diesel fuel is explosive.

It runs the engine, it is most certainly explosive.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34124 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
If you've ever seen a diesel engine one of the first things you notice is that there are no spark plugs. Gasoline engines work off of a spark that ignites the fuel. Diesel engines work off of compression alone. Compression of diesel causes explosion.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15722 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I wonder if this cop previously had a thing for the nurse and she turned him down.

And after watching the above video, I'd say it was definitely a suicide. Disagree with attempted murder though. I suspect, since he avoided the smaller vehicle, he was avoiding killing anyone else by picking a huge semi to do his deed. Of course, that's just me trying to get in the head of a crazy bastard, so I could be wrong.

Posts: 20117 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
Diesel engines work off of compression alone. Compression of diesel causes explosion.

Nit: That's not strictly accurate. Very rapid, very high compression of a diesel fuel/air mixture, such that the mixture heats to its flash point, causes the explosion. It's what's known as an Adiabatic process.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
Diesel engines work off of compression alone. Compression of diesel causes explosion.

Nit: That's not strictly accurate. Very rapid, very high compression of a diesel fuel/air mixture, such that the mixture heats to its flash point, causes the explosion. It's what's known as an Adiabatic process.

There's always one. Roll Eyes

Big Grin

Posts: 20117 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
LOT of bad with this. In order to obtain a license to carry a handgun, a major portion of the class we have to take is about de-escalation. Perhaps Ocifer Friendly should have taken that. Repeatedly.

But in this case, he is shown the law in black and white. Even stated he had no grounds for what he was doing under the guise of legal authority. Yet he cuffs and stuffs a medical professional. His peers stand by and watch. And even his supervisor is egging it on. How, given there being zero justification for an arrest, is this not kidnapping?

Look, if you had me on video stating what I was about to do was against the law and even admitting I knew that to be so, then proceeded to violate said law, I'd be in PMITA prison by now. Yet this guy is on paid vacation.

And for all those Anti-FirstAmendment/Bureau of Land Management types who are constantly harping about "police brutality", this just throws more gasoline on that fire. Had she been AA, I'm sure they'd have been marching in the streets by now.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8351 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
One of the interesting things about this case is that Payne decided to arrest the nurse. Obstruction of justice ia low level b-misdemeanor. The Salt lake county jail has restrictions and won't take anything but felonies, Misdemeanor DUI and DV cases. Payne's action were useless as the jail wouldn't have taken her. Everyone knows how bad the SL Co jail is. Payne still cuffed her up and dragged her out the E.R. as if he actually had some place to take her. It was a useless show of force. I have no idea why Payne choose to end his career like a kamikaze pilot but considering his useless actions I have to think he just didn't like to hear the word "no."

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
quote:
I wonder what Officer Payne and his supervisor are thinking right now.

"How did I get my dick in this blender?"

If that was their goal, they succeeded. Smile

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have no idea why Payne choose to end his career like a kamikaze pilot but considering his useless actions I have to think he just didn't like to hear the word "no."

So, this probably isn't the FIRST time he's roughed a woman up?

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34124 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
One of the interesting things about this case is that Payne decided to arrest the nurse. Obstruction of justice ia low level b-misdemeanor. The Salt lake county jail has restrictions and won't take anything but felonies, Misdemeanor DUI and DV cases. Payne's action were useless as the jail wouldn't have taken her. Everyone knows how bad the SL Co jail is. Payne still cuffed her up and dragged her out the E.R. as if he actually had some place to take her. It was a useless show of force. I have no idea why Payne choose to end his career like a kamikaze pilot but considering his useless actions I have to think he just didn't like to hear the word "no."

My guess is he was hoping that when she got cuffed, someone would yield to him and provide the blood.

Not sure what his supervisor was trying to accomplish.

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
There are some idiotic statements in this set of excerpts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...ue=129&v=ExJDcDaXhJ8

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16709 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
this episode should be called: "When you arrest somebody for contempt of cop and it goes monumentally wrong"

Curious that this went down a month ago and nothing happens until now when it goes national. Somebody higher up other than these jokers on the scene knew about this. All hoping it would just disappear. Now it's all press conferences and phone call apologies from the mayor and chief etc.

Best comment from the body cam. " I wonder how this is going to affect my Gold Cross job" (he's also an ambulance driver). Well they have promptly suspended him and I suspect won't be working there for long either.

Wow. What a way to implode your career.

Posts: 4775 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post