SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Salt Lake PD puts on duty ED Charge Nurse in handcuffs
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 23
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Salt Lake PD puts on duty ED Charge Nurse in handcuffs Login/Join 
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Yeah, that cop was like Pol Pot or Ed Gein.

No, wait, that's not quite right...

Henry Gibson?

Not quite, but close

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8351 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
I put myself in the officers position. I screwed up twice, big time, and it's all over town. I lost one job, the main job may have some big bumps ahead, how does that impact my family and financial obligations. What are the chances of getting other employment, given my newly acquired reputation. Will I acknowledge and overcome, or will dig my heels in deeper that I did nothing wrong.

In this case, he'll dig his heels in acknowledging he did nothing wrong overcoming the nurse.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31455 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Salt Lake County District Attorney Sim Gill has requested the FBI's assistance in the investigation into the arrest of a Utah nurse who refused to allow a blood draw from an unconscious patient without following proper procedure.

In a statement released Thursday, Gill said his office officially requested the FBI investigate: "any and all individuals involved in the chain of conduct arising from the incident at the University of Utah Hospital on July 26, 2017 for any Civil Rights Violations under the color of authority."

Gill said he requested the FBI's help due to events beyond a mere criminal investigation.

“There continue to be issues that go beyond merely a criminal investigation, and, in an effort to address those concerns, the Salt Lake County District Attorney’s Office has formally asked for assistance from our Federal law enforcement partners to fully vet issues only they can investigate,” Gill stated. “The decision for this was arrived over the Labor Day weekend and a formal letter requesting this assistance was sent out Sept. 6, 2017."

The incident attracted nationwide attention and calls for action after videos of the arrest were released. In the video, Wubbels shows the officer a print out of the existing policy her hospital and the department had agreed to, which only allows blood draws from a patient who gives consent, who is under arrest, or if police obtain a warrant.

A supervisor speaking via speaker phone tells the officer that Wubbels is only the messenger and he is making a mistake "threatening a nurse", at which point Payne says "we're done" and arrests Wubbels, dragging her outside and pushing her against a wall before handcuffing her and taking her to a patrol car.

The statement from the DA's office noted they have received numerous requests for communication concerning the incident, and they ask that the community be patient.

"We assure them that this issue is of the utmost concern for us and we are committed to assuring a thorough, fair gathering and review of evidence, facts and issues," the statement concludes.

Gill opened a criminal investigation into the arrest earlier this month.

Salt Lake City Mayor Jackie Biskupski and Police Chief Mike Brown both apologized to Wubbels personally shortly after the videos were released. Wubbels said she felt both apologies were sincere and that she looks forward to working with both to "promote further civil dialogue and education."

Det. Jeff Payne has been placed on full administrative leave with Salt Lake City Police, and has been fired from his part-time job at Gold Cross Ambulance.

http://fox13now.com/2017/09/07...bbels-investigation/

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
Officer unFriendly has some 'splaining to do.

Pompous prick, along with his supervisor.

Reap it, bitches. Stupid hurts sometimes and I hope they get to experience some of the law they enjoy doling out.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:...In a statement released Thursday, Gill said his office officially requested the FBI investigate: "any and all individuals involved in the chain of conduct arising from the incident at the University of Utah Hospital on July 26, 2017 for any Civil Rights Violations under the color of authority."....

A supervisor speaking via speaker phone tells the officer that Wubbels is only the messenger and he is making a mistake "threatening a nurse", at which point Payne says "we're done" and arrests Wubbels, dragging her outside and pushing her against a wall before handcuffing her and taking her to a patrol car....

Seems to me Officer Payne's cesspool just got deeper.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
As my dear old dad would say, he's stepped in it all the way.

Posts: 107651 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:

“There continue to be issues that go beyond merely a criminal investigation...

Refer to the photo at the top of the page.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16710 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Here is an interesting analysis

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37986 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
Here is an interesting analysis

Just a bit >< hyperbolic.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
Again, why is this guy (and his accomplices) on paid vacation when they should be in a court room facing a jury?

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8351 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
Maybe "Mussolini-Dudes"...

AKA the Blackshirts.

Posts: 8628 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:
Yes, I am so tired of hearing about Nazis, Facists and Hitler from the left.

They probably just love to talk about their heroes. It's normal.

Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Maybe I am missing something, but what would be the basis for the warrant in this case? I may have missed something in the video, but I didn't see the truck driver doing anything wrong. It appeared that he was traveling in the proper lane when the bad guy swerved over and caused the collision. What was his suspicious or unlawful conduct?

I am glad this sorry cop and his supervisor were exposed, but what was so important that they needed to tank their careers?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XinTX:
Again, why is this guy (and his accomplices) on paid vacation when they should be in a court room facing a jury?

He's entitled to due process like the nurse was.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13404 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of leavemebe
posted Hide Post
quote:
posted September 16, 2017 08:34 AM Hide Post

And many in the law enforcement community wonder why there is so little trust between them and other citizens.

"It is easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled." Unknown observer of human behavior.

Posts: 671 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought that body cameras were going to keep the honest people honest,

kind of like a lock on a door.

turns out that there are no where near the amount of honest people as we are led to believe

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54666 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Sure seems like the cop went hands-on awful soon. Couldn't he just have told her to turn around and place hands behind her back? Or did I miss that part in the vid I saw. Did she resist at all in a manner which would have warrented hands on?

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10928 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
I thought that body cameras were going to keep the honest people honest,

kind of like a lock on a door.

turns out that there are no where near the amount of honest people as we are led to believe

I am bothered that the cameras can be turned off by the officers. Bad actors can manipulate situations by turning off the 'evidence' it seems.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29713 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:

I am bothered that the cameras can be turned off by the officers. Bad actors can manipulate situations by turning off the 'evidence' it seems.

There are personal matters that officers need to attend to, personal hygiene for instance but even a lunch break. In addition there are considerations of the privacy rights of individuals not involved in a crime or an investigation. If I inquire of a cop if he got my donation to the policeman's ball, a donation made in good faith by me, I'm not going to be thrilled when its on utube and being twisted.
It would be even worse if I was ratting out Dom Perignon of the local familia and that got on the news with a FOIA request.

I suspect that the police unions are watching the matter closely to see what goes and doesn't. the coppers have rights too, even if the occasional bad actor gets a long-ton of bad press.

Posts: 6402 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
Sure seems like the cop went hands-on awful soon. Couldn't he just have told her to turn around and place hands behind her back? Or did I miss that part in the vid I saw. Did she resist at all in a manner which would have warrented hands on?

This is why, a cartoon version of the cop.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post