SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    One crew member dies, another hospitalized after Alec Baldwin shoots two people on set of his film
Page 1 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

One crew member dies, another hospitalized after Alec Baldwin shoots two people on set of his film Login/Join 
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Alec Baldwin is his own life sentence….

His mind will always be a tumultuous prison.

Silly Monkey!
That’s only for people with a conscious!

He’s a true believer in that he thinks he’s innocent. Being railroaded.
It’s Guiterrez’s fault, the janitors fault, the dish washers fault…
Everyone else did it, and is Culpable except for him.

That mindset falls into the category of denial. And, people in denial are ALWAYS miserable.

Of all the enemies that the American citizen faces, the Democrat Party is the very worst.

Posts: 10830 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Well, humor me and let's wait for the verdict.

I’ll do you one better, and make you actually smile!

Here’s what good ole Alec is looking forward to:

https://youtu.be/hMT1eeaSjLs?si=K_kp6ZEjhwMc4VEk

Mr Fleece Johnson, Booty Warrior, and hopefully Alec’s cell mate

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8522 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
This whole argument about where the ammo came from is completely irrelevant to the actual charges Baldwin is facing. What a waste of time.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2430 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Dismissed with prejudice.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...450036905#2450036905

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44456 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/u...sses-case-rcna161536

SANTE FE, New Mexico — In a stunning turn of events, the judge in Alec Baldwin’s involuntary manslaughter trial dismissed the case Friday, siding with defense attorneys who argued that prosecutors hid evidence about ammunition that may be linked to the fatal shooting of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins on the set of the Western movie “Rust” in 2021.

“The sanction of dismissal is the only warranted remedy” in the case, said First Judicial District Judge Mary Marlowe Sommer.

Baldwin, 66, sobbed and put his face in his hands as Sommer announced her decision."

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17153 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
O. J. Baldwin

Posts: 3562 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Unreal.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30891 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
A Santa Fe judge Friday dismissed the involuntary manslaughter case against Alec Baldwin for the fatal shooting of Halyna Hutchins on the set of the film "Rust" after ruling that the prosecution concealed evidence from his legal team.

The third full day of the trial in the First Judicial District Court opened with defense attorney Luke Nikas accusing the state of withholding evidence that prop distributor Seth Kenney was the source of the live ammunition.

The move prompted Santa Fe Judge Mary Marlowe Sommer to send the jury home so she could hold an 11th hour hearing, which led to lead prosecutor Kari Morrissey calling herself as a witness.

"I decided not to take any steps to collect this ammunition because it was in Arizona, had never come to New Mexico and didn't match the live rounds on the set of ‘Rust,'" Morrissey testified.

The defense team argued investigators and prosecutors concealed evidence related to the source of ammunition linked to the accidental shooting death of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins on the set of the film "Rust" in 2021.

Armorer Hannah Gutierrez Reed was convicted of loading a live round into a revolver, which Baldwin fired, killing Hutchins and wounding director Joel Souza.

During her trial on March 6, retired police officer Troy Teske, a family friend of Gutierrez Reed's father, walked into the Santa Fe County Sheriff's Office and delivered a collection of rounds to crime scene technician Marissa Poppell.

He said the rounds came from Kenney and matched the bullet that killed Hutchins.

Poppell admitted Friday at the hearing that she didn't inventory the evidence from Teske under the "Rust" case, but instead under a different case number. The defense also didn't receive a supplemental report on the new evidence.

Santa Fe County Sheriff's Corporal Alexendria Hancock, the lead investigator on the case admitted this decision was made in consultation with prosecutors and her supervisors.

"Okay. So you, you all had discussions about what to do with what he dropped off?" asked Judge Marlowe Sommer.

"Yes," she replied.

"And you all agreed to put it in the separate file?" the judge pressed. "Yes," she answered. The evidence was also not stored with the other evidence for the case, she said.

Defense attorneys appeared to have learned about the ammunition Teske turned over from body camera footage that captured Teske walking into the sheriff's office and telling Poppell that he had critical evidence and offered to give a statement.

Morrissey told the court earlier in the day that the first time she saw the supplemental report, which was allegedly withheld from the defense, was that morning.

The stunning blow to the prosecution team, which had been working on the case for more than three years, arrived after the state had called only seven witnesses.

https://www.foxnews.com/entert...unning-victory-actor

still trying to understand this

prosecutor : the ammo didn't match live rounds on the set
retired officer Teske: said the rounds matched the bullet that killed Hutchins ???
Teske is friend of armorer's father
?????

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
I said earlier the prosecution was shit and they were. Withholding evidence is the kiss of death for any prosecution. Just poorly handled.

That doesn't give Baldwin the right to say he's innocent. He still killed her.

Posts: 4249 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
Well, they call it a technicality for a reason I guess.
And they cannot file charges again.
Shitshow and I didn't have any popcorn.

________,_____________________________
Guns don't kill people - Alec Baldwin kills people.
He's never been a straight shooter.

Posts: 1347 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Un fucking believable

Posts: 53785 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmoid:
Well, they call it a technicality for a reason I guess.
And they cannot file charges again.
Shitshow and I didn't have any popcorn.

The prosecution has an absolute duty to turn over exculpatory evidence. They don't get to decide whether the defense's use of it would make a difference.

I don't know how many cases are tossed because of burying evidence or not turning it over.

The DA always says, "I didn't turn it over because I didn't see it as exculpatory." That is the standard, everyday argument. It's a bad one.

Since Baldwin has already settled with her estate, he's done. There might be some other residual civil cases by people who saw him shoot her and they can proceed but at this stage, Baldwin will just settle with them to put it behind him.

Posts: 4249 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If money didn’t buy this Jugde then why with several options did she dismiss with prejudice? Once again like it or not money buys justice and Judges.Alec Baldwin pointed a loaded gun at another human and pulled the trigger to kill her. Sorry but that is that…
Just tired of the rich and shameless getting away with buying the courts..
Mike

Posts: 395 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: March 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
The Laurel and Hardy prosecution team needs to have their licenses reviewed for competence. Why did they need 3 years to prepare? Maybe they needed more time.

Posts: 53785 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 126911:
If money didn’t buy this Jugde then why with several options did she dismiss with prejudice? Once again like it or not money buys justice and Judges.Alec Baldwin pointed a loaded gun at another human and pulled the trigger to kill her. Sorry but that is that…
Just tired of the rich and shameless getting away with buying the courts..
Mike

Put the tinfoil away.

Judges will first determine if the evidence was exculpatory or potentially so. In this case it was and both the police and the DA purposefully hid the evidence. On purpose, based the police employee testifying she was was told to hide it in a different case.

So once that determination was made, the court has to come up with a remedy. If you just give the ammo to the defense, it doesn't address or punish the misconduct by the DA and the PD. Remember that one of the DA's resigned today in the middle of the hearing because of how bad this is and I expect there will be quite bit of fallout too.

The court has to come up with a remedy for burying the evidence and the only correct one is to dismiss the case with prejudice. You can't reward the bad behavior and dismissing it without prejudice is just letting the DA off the hook to try Baldwin again.

The judge had no other choice since the DA and PD's actions were solely designed to make sure Baldwin didn't have a potential defense.

would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
this has been a circus since day one...regardless of the severity of the crime a monied leftist get's a wide berth

Posts: 3076 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Anyone still have any faith in what’s left of our Justice system?

Where is the Justice for the family?

would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
the lead prosecutor didn't mention an appeal

Posts: 3076 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
The family already reached a civil settled with Baldwin.

If you mean justice as in conviction and incarceration, the family has to depend on the police and the prosecution. They were incompetent doing their jobs.

The court system would have provided an avenue for justice but the DA and PD fucked it up to the point that it couldn't be fixed.

delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
Anyone still have any faith in what’s left of our Justice system?

Where is the Justice for the family?

If there was misconduct by the prosecution and the police, then I’m good with the result. Imagine if you were being prosecuted and the government was being dishonest with the evidence. You’d want the case dismissed too.

Sure Baldwin doesn’t do time and is free from further prosecution, but his reputation is toast. He still loses assets. His movie is tarnished. The attention guats like this crave will fade to black. And he can never haunt gun owners again with any credibility. I’ll take that win.

I do think if there was misconduct, someone ought to lose his job though.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29905 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post