SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    One crew member dies, another hospitalized after Alec Baldwin shoots two people on set of his film
Page 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

One crew member dies, another hospitalized after Alec Baldwin shoots two people on set of his film Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Sorry for the tinfoil. I thought a clear killing was evident. The rest is just smoke and mirrors.
Buy a Flashlight…

Posts: 395 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: March 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
He will be back in court. It will be for something else, but he will be back.

Posts: 8879 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Fucking incompetent shitbags. They should serve the sentence that they couldn't tag him with.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12919 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder if someone was paid to take a dive...

OZ

Posts: 165 | Registered: February 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
The evidence withheld would have had no bearing on the charges against him. Prosecution and PD failed Halyna. Just terrible.

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

Posts: 5187 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Look it appears the Jugde was looking for any reason to dismiss. This decision was pretty damn quick after the motion. But I got tinfoil on so don’t mind me..

Posts: 395 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: March 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oscar Zulu:
I wonder if someone was paid to take a dive...
Yeah, that's it. It's a conspiracy.

Every fucking time, I swear. Roll Eyes

Posts: 109043 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Left-Handed,
NOT Left-Winged!
posted Hide Post
Would it be reasonable to say that the prosecution probably does stuff like this often, and most defendants have public defenders who aren't that great, and the prosecution gets away with it?

Or is this so blatant that any defender with a pulse would catch it?

Posts: 4916 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Despite the ruling he will always remain a wife and mother slaughtering douche nozzle.

Posts: 4179 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 126911:
Sorry for the tinfoil. I thought a clear killing was evident. The rest is just smoke and mirrors.
Buy a Flashlight…

I saw what you did there.

Just remember, the lead prosecutor said she wasn't aware of the issue until this week. That was a lie because she was present at meetings long before this week to discuss how they'd handle the ammo issue.

When you're facing jail time, whether it's you or Baldwin, it's not asking too much for the DA to play by the rules. They fucked up and you can't conclude it differently.

Posts: 4249 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I didn't see this mentioned in the posts above. It's from today's UPI article:

quote:
Poppell on Thursday also testified live rounds were found in several other places on the movie set, including in another actor's bandolier, the prop cart for the film, an ammo box and two gun holsters, one of which was Baldwin's.

UPI Link

This was a disaster waiting to happen.

Posts: 18350 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I havent read much about this dismissal yet, but...

Does this give Hannah Gutierrez-Reed a reason for appeal? Or was this ammo not a factor in her conviction?

Posts: 617 | Registered: September 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
^Unfortunately, yes. Her attorneys will almost certainly move for dismissal based on the new circumstances.

Independent

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16886 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ranger312:
I havent read much about this dismissal yet, but...

Does this give Hannah Gutierrez-Reed a reason for appeal? Or was this ammo not a factor in her conviction?

It really makes no difference where the ammo came from. Point is no one did proper checks or followed firearms safety rules. Any appeal by her should be tossed.

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

Posts: 5187 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Special prosecutor Kari Morrissey said she was disappointed at the decision to dismiss the case, but when asked if she had let down the family of Hutchins, insisted, “No, we didn’t.”

“We did everything humanly possible to bring justice to Halyna and to her family and we’re proud of the work we did,”

If you did everything humanly possible, Alec would still be on trial.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29905 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
She’s a loser.

And a lousy lawyer.

I hope this is career ending so someone else deserving real justice doesn’t end up with her as their lawyer.

Posts: 53785 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
Kari Morrissey is a career defense attorney. This is the first case she prosecuted and only because she was brought in as the special prosecutor.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2430 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Interview with the other Special Prosecutor who walked away from the case when she realized how badly Morrissey had bungled it. Note that she bailed before the hearing was conducted and the judge's decision for dismissal handed down.

Erlinda Johnson interview on X

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16886 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Someone needs to be held responsible. If not Baldwin then someone else. Only then will justice be served.

Posts: 843 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I watched that clip and I still don’t get it. Why not just have a separate hearing to determine if it was relevant?

Where was justice? A murderer goes free and the family of the victim was given the middle finger.

Can anyone explain how justice was served?

Posts: 53785 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post