SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    One crew member dies, another hospitalized after Alec Baldwin shoots two people on set of his film
Page 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 95
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

One crew member dies, another hospitalized after Alec Baldwin shoots two people on set of his film Login/Join 
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Ruh-ro Raggy....

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/391816

"Alec Baldwin prosecutors: Evidence shows he was reckless with gun"

Not looking good for Hollywood Homeslice...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44480 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
A similar article noted that Baldwin had asked for "the biggest gun you got" for his role.

Any of us would have been kicked out of a firearms class forthwith had we done the kind of crap AB is reported to have done.
FaceTiming during the safety briefing?
Finger on the trigger?
Using the revolver as a pointer?
Shooting a blank at another person?

Posts: 18364 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
A similar article noted that Baldwin had asked for "the biggest gun you got" for his role.

Any of us would have been kicked out of a firearms class forthwith had we done the kind of crap AB is reported to have done.
FaceTiming during the safety briefing?
Finger on the trigger?
Using the revolver as a pointer?
Shooting a blank at another person?

Eesh. People have died from being ‘shot’ with a blank at close enough range.

Posts: 4963 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ Brandon Lee. Jon-Eric Hexum. ^^^^

Both were actors.

Posts: 11990 | Location: Near Hooker Oklahoma, closer to Slapout Oklahoma | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
The prosecution's case against Baldwin continues to build, and his defense continues to erode.

• Another bid to have the case dismissed was turned down. His attorneys argued that the case should be dropped because Baldwin had no grounds to believe the gun contained a live round. Any member here knows that's not good enough. You have to check yourself.

• A separate motion to dismiss is still pending, the defense arguing that the FBI damaged the gun in testing before the defense could examine it. So what?

• There is now an eyewitness (a boom operator) who states that he saw Baldwin pull the trigger.

The trial is slated to begin July 9.

Fox News

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
    "First, Eyes."
  •  
    Posts: 16935 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of hjs157
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by OKCGene:
    ^^^^^ Brandon Lee. Jon-Eric Hexum. ^^^^

As a point of clarification, Brandon Lee was killed by "real" bullet that had unknowingly become lodged in the bore of a revolver due to a prior squib load. When later fired with a true blank, there was enough pressure to sufficiently discharge the lodged projectile striking the actor in the abdomen. This is somewhat different than with Jon-Eric Hexum who was killed by the expanding gases of a blank round. Much like the current Rust shooting, both of these earlier deaths could have been avoided by practicing safe handling protocols.

Posts: 3569 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Dances With
    Tornados
    posted Hide Post
    https://freebeacon.com/latest-...-of-woman-he-killed/

I am not familiar with this news website and how reliable it is/is not, but here is the story.

LATEST NEWS
    Alec Baldwin Welches on Widower and Son of Woman He Killed

Hollywood darling is allegedly months late on a settlement to Halyna Hutchins’s family

June 26, 2024
    Actor Alec Baldwin, currently facing involuntary manslaughter charges due to his 2021 fatal shooting of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins on the set of "Rust," is reportedly several months late on a payment for a civil suit filed by Hutchins’s widower and son, according to a recent New York Times report.

Hutchins’s lawyer, Brian Panish, told the New York Times that they might sue Baldwin, Rust Movie Productions, and related parties for a breach of agreement nearly three years after Baldwin fatally shot Hutchins with a replica firearm Baldwin alleges he did not know was loaded with live rounds.

The settlement, approved by a judge in June 2023, includes a series of annuities for Hutchins’s son, Andros Hutchins, who was nine years old when his mother was killed in 2021. Other details of the settlement have been sealed by the court, according to ABC News.

In January 2024, a New Mexico grand jury officially charged Baldwin with involuntary manslaughter, which Baldwin’s defense attorneys moved to dismiss in March. If convicted, Baldwin could face 18 months in prison. Baldwin pleaded not guilty to the criminal charge.

Since the October 2021 shooting, Baldwin has faced a collection of financial strains. Baldwin put his $29 million estate in the Hamptons on the market, along with another half-a-million-dollar lake house in upstate New York. In January, Baldwin cut the asking price for the Hamptons home by $10 million. Baldwin also welcomed his seventh child in 2022.

Baldwin and his wife, Hilaria, announced in early June their new family reality TV series "The Baldwins," which is set to air on TLC starting in 2025.

Posts: 11990 | Location: Near Hooker Oklahoma, closer to Slapout Oklahoma | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    delicately calloused
    Picture of darthfuster
    posted Hide Post
    Forgive me, but I thought it was established that the gun was not a replica as the above article states. Interesting that Baldwin is late on payment. Perhaps that’s why he’s running that reality show in 2025.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29906 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    A Grateful American
    Picture of sigmonkey
    posted Hide Post
    The Pietta .45 Long Colt revolver used on set at the time of the shooting, that Baldwin had in his hand, is a fully functioning replica.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44480 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of Green Highlander
    posted Hide Post
    Strongly urge anyone interested in this case the check out The Law of Self Defense podcast. It is run by a 2A lawyer and has provided outstanding analysis.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2430 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    delicately calloused
    Picture of darthfuster
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by sigmonkey:
    The Pietta .45 Long Colt revolver used on set at the time of the shooting, that Baldwin had in his hand, is a fully functioning replica.

Maybe I’m misunderstanding terms. What is a non functioning movie set gun called?

Posts: 29906 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Peace through
    superior firepower
    Picture of parabellum
    posted Hide Post
    A prop

Posts: 109088 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Get Off My Lawn
    Picture of oddball
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by darthfuster:
    Forgive me, but I thought it was established that the gun was not a replica as the above article states.

In the single action world, guns from Uberti, Cimarron, Pietta are commonly referred to as "replicas" of the Colt SAA, especially if they have the four-click action.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17175 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Baldwins involuntary manslaughter trial is set to begin next month after a firearm handled by the star and producer of the indie Western Rust was discharged on the film’s New Mexico set on Oct. 21, 2021, killing cinematographer Halyna Hutchins and injuring director Joel Souza

Alec Baldwin Trains Novice With a Dark Past in ‘Clear Cut’ Trailer
    Stephen Dorff, Tom Welling and Clive Standen also star in the Lionsgate thriller that is set for release next month.

Ryan Gajewski
    JUNE 27, 2024 3:40PM PDT

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55195 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Lost
    Picture of kkina
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    A separate motion to dismiss is still pending, the defense arguing that the FBI damaged the gun in testing before the defense could examine it. So what?

This motion was also denied today. See You In Court

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
    "First, Eyes."

Posts: 16935 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Peace through
    superior firepower
    Picture of parabellum
    posted Hide Post
    Ol' Alec need to accept the reality that he's going to have to stand trial. It wouldn't surprise me, though, if his lawyers tried this again, but it should be obvious by now that the judge just isn't having it.

Irksome Whirling Dervish
    Picture of Flashlightboy
    posted Hide Post
    This week is showtime.

Pretrial motions today, jury selection tomorrow. Prosecution needs 2-3 days, and the defense will need up to 5. This should go to the jury by the end of next week.

Since the armorer was convicted of involuntary manslaughter and she didn't pull the trigger, I think Baldwin will have a particularly hard time not being convicted.

I think the armorer was remanded into immediate custody, and if we're lucky, he'll be too.

It's a bit of a mental hurdle, to me, that the armorer is convicted but the person who did the actual killing might be let off the hook.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Flashlightboy,

Posts: 4251 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Peace through
    superior firepower
    Picture of parabellum
    posted Hide Post
    Since we despise Baldwin and his years of anti-gun, anti-Second Amendment remarks, as well as being part of anti-gun organizations, not to mention his overall reprehensible behavior as a member of the human race, we wish the worst for the guy. We want him to suffer and lose reputation, have his bank accounts drained, see him jailed.

Given all of that, it's easy to forget what all this is about. Alec Baldwin actually killed someone through his carelessness. He actually ended the life of an innocent person, took her away from her friends and family, robbed her of what likely would have been decades of living.

And he did so with a firearm. It would have been bad enough if he had killed someone with an automobile or something like that, but that he killed this poor woman with a handgun is truly karmic in nature.

So, no matter what the reason, we want him to be crushed and finally silenced, for any reason. Therefore, we might forget the act which has finally brought him to the place he now finds himself, and that what he did was horrible.

delicately calloused
    Picture of darthfuster
    posted Hide Post
    ^^^^^^^^^and that everything he’s done since has been selfish.

Picture of Lunasee
    posted Hide Post
    His trial starts tomorrow on Court TV.

Posts: 591 | Location: Hillsboro, OR | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post