SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    One crew member dies, another hospitalized after Alec Baldwin shoots two people on set of his film
Page 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 88
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

One crew member dies, another hospitalized after Alec Baldwin shoots two people on set of his film Login/Join 
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
Baldwin may have connections, but as this is going to be a jury trial those connections mean nothing.

I strongly doubt it'll go to trial.

I believe there will be a plea bargain.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
Possibly. But a conviction on the charge with firearm enhancement would mean a mandatory 5-year jail sentence.

His ego could very well get in the way of a plea deal, with all the "I didn't pull the trigger" and other statements, you look at his personality and actions from Para's post, and the guy could well not agree to a deal, even going against legal advice.

Still think he'd be best to cut a deal, then again he's held out this long to see what the charges are...

Posts: 23439 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15573 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Actually, Wayne Gretzky said that, but this version is far funnier. Wink

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
How about this?

Right now, TCM is airing The Fastest Gun Alive, a 1956 Western starring Glenn Ford. Ford plays a man who conceals his skill with a Peacemaker until the town is threatened by a gang of criminals. Ford then reveals to the townspeople his skill with a handgun and he is subsequently forced into a gunfight with one of the gang.

Well, here's a bit of trivia about the film from IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0...rivia?item=tr3473227

In a TCM introduction of another Glenn Ford film, Alec Baldwin confessed his admiration for Glenn Ford's performance in this movie. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0...rivia?item=tr3473227

Added to that is this irony from the Wikipedia page on the film:

"Later, while everyone is in church, where they have taken an oath not to tell George's (Glenn Ford) secret, Harold rides into town. A local boy tells him about George's display of gun skill. Though he is on the run—and over the objections of his fellow bank robbers, Taylor Swope (John Dehner) and Dink Wells (Noah Beery Jr.), who just want to escape the law—Harold is intent to remain in town until he can see this George Temple face-to-face.

Harold finds out that the "fast gun" is in the church. He sends Swope there to call him out. When the townspeople refuse to send out "the man who shot two silver dollars at the same time", Harold gives an order to Dink to find some kerosene and pour it everywhere. He then instructs Swope to deliver a message to the people in the church that if their fast gun does not come out in five minutes, Vinnie and his men will burn down the whole town."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...stest_Gun_Alive#Plot

The Rust shooting took place in a church.

posted Hide Post
Its interesting that Baldwin was impressed with Glenn Ford. Of all the Hollywood types during the popularity of the Western in the 1950s, Ford was very proficient with the SAA and was considered the "fastest gun in Hollywood". His draw is unique in that he uses a raised leather block mounted on the belt above the hammer. As he clears leather, he would cock the hammer against the block and get the shot off. Its hard to see this in action but there is another Ford western called Heaven with a Gun that better shows his rig and draw style. When it comes to the SAA, Ford is the real deal.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
quote:
When it comes to the SAA, Ford is the real deal.

Sammy Davis Jr. was also a very highly regarded SAA gunhand.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
No booking photo yet? Let’s see the mug shot, Alec.

Posts: 6363 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I don't think we've ever seen a booking photo for that asshole. He's been arrested at least twice before. Where are those booking photos?

I wouldn't hold my breath. Baldwin is royalty, after all.

Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I do believe the quote " You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" was attributed to Gretzky's dad. I believe Wayne recalled his dad telling him this when he was being driven to hockey practice as Wayne sat in the back seat of the car. The Gretzky family story is very interesting. Wayne's dad was a driving force.

Regardless Baldwin is suffering his own fate. If he would let go of his ego he may one day end his suffering but he won't. Humility is a much more powerful force than ego.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8531 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
Humility is a much more powerful force than ego.
That's something to ponder on this Sunday morning.

delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thumperfbc:
No booking photo yet? Let’s see the mug shot, Alec.

I think in Alec’s case it’s called a smug shot.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It ain't just a river in Egypt.

Alec & Hilaria Baldwin Are 'Sick To Their Stomachs' Over Actor's Possible Prison Time
quote:
"The very thought of serving time in prison makes him and Hilaria sick to their stomachs," the source added of Baldwin and his wife, 39. "They can’t even imagine that scenario and are telling each other there’s no way on earth this can ultimately happen."
Even leftist Slate knows the truth:

Why Alec Baldwin Could Be Found Guilty
quote:
The prosecutors have decided that a gun requires a “duty of care”—the historic legal standard violated in negligence cases—that’s extremely high. They claim that, as the gun’s handler, Baldwin acted in egregious disregard of its potential dangers. In the law, this is referred to as “the neighbor principle”: We owe a duty to our neighbors, and in this case, Baldwin shot his neighbor, Halyna Hutchins. In the prosecutors’ view, it is his egregious gun-handling that caused this needless death, and that is at the center of the criminal charges. There is always an obligation on anyone who holds a gun and points it at someone else to check beforehand that the gun is unloaded.

posted Hide Post
It would be beyond hilarious if a felony conviction prevented him from using even a prop gun to make money from movies.

Posts: 367 | Location: Southwest Missouri  | Registered: April 08, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
So they are sick about the idea of having to be separated from their spouse involuntarily, their children apart from one of their parents and the hardship that comes from it? Well, at least it would be temporary. His victims will have to suffer that loss for the rest of their lives…….but all the Baldwins can think about is themselves.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
Humility is a much more powerful force than ego.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39752 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Plugugly:
It would be beyond hilarious if a felony conviction prevented him from using even a prop gun to make money from movies.

Unless he makes them outside of the U.S.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Plugugly:

I don't think it stopped Mark Wahlberg.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Quote from Para's link:
"Luke Nikas said in a statement. "Mr. Baldwin had no reason to believe there was a live bullet in the gun — or anywhere on the movie set."

^^^ I read Law enforcement found a live round in Baldwin's gunbelt?

https://www.vanityfair.com/hol...utchins-rust-bullets

Posts: 1555 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As long as I find out that it cost him 25 mill in compensation,
12 mill in lawyers fees ananother25 mill in court fees.
Plus a felony conviction

I am good with him for ten days in jail , nine months house arrest, 24 years probation , 7000 hours of community service in New Mexico and no way to make money off the event through media, tv, books ,movies or vids.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post