SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    One crew member dies, another hospitalized after Alec Baldwin shoots two people on set of his film
Page 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 89
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

One crew member dies, another hospitalized after Alec Baldwin shoots two people on set of his film Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Getting back to the subject at hand

Hubris

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 108234 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
My apologies for the drift.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5418 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How do you make a western without someone having a gun pointed at them? Twenty years of Gunsmoke and no one got shot. Amazing!

Posts: 2560 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Im going to side with HRK’s take on Baldwin’s punishment. Quote from an Albuquerque Journal article from July 22, 2022:

The New Mexico film industry has set another record.

The state announced that the industry brought in $855.4 million in direct spend for fiscal year 2022, which is an increase of $228.9 million over fiscal year 2021.

“Another record year for film and television industry spending makes it as clear as ever that New Mexico is the place to be for film and TV,” said Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham.

New Mexico’s film incentives continue to be a gold standard in the industry.
Tax incentives include a 25% to 35% production tax credit for film, TV, commercials, documentaries, music videos, video games, animation, postproduction and more.
The state’s rural communities saw a 660% increase in direct spending from the industry – up from $6.5 million in FY21 to nearly $50 million in FY22.

The game changer in the increase is the rural uplift credit, which gives a production a 5% incentive to film at least 60 miles outside of the Bernalillo and Santa Fe county corridor. This went into effect in 2019

My take on the matter FWIW.

The state’s film office isn’t going to cross Hollywood and take a chance on screwing that up. There will be political pressure for a favorable outcome for all parties with the possible exception being the armorer. Until that day she was an unknown, has no political “ins” or money to bring into the state, perfect “fall guy” to make it look good. She brings nothing to the table to further the film industry there, what better person to take one for the team?

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8239 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
I dunno. 14 months seems like a long time for the state to prepare its case only to accept a plea agreement.

Posts: 3522 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hjs157:
I dunno. 14 months seems like a long time for the state to prepare its case only to accept a plea agreement.

Theatrics. Gotta make it look good.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8239 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Hubris

They need to invent a felony charge against Baldwin, a 1st degree charge of Being a Colossal Asshole. I'm actually kinda surprised nobody has wiped the street with his face yet, maybe he has some badass bodyguards, who knows. He needs the smile wiped off his face in a major way.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16853 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, that's why I titled that link "Hubris". This asshole has been begging for a gigantic delivery of karma for decades, and now, everything he's ever done to people- assaulting them and the like- is coming back to him all at once.

How many times over the past 15 months has Baldwin told himself that he would not be charged criminally and how many times has he doubted it in the next second? That's a Hellish pendulum to be riding.

Baldwin thinks it's OK to assault paparazzi when they're taking his picture in some public space, even though he has for decades been aggressively seeking the spotlight.

These guys aren't following you around because you're a plumber or a carpenter, Alec, and you can't turn celebrity on and off at your whim. It simply does not work that way. You asked for it and you got it, and yet, you still bitch.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 108234 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
https://www.americanthinker.co...sk_alec_baldwin.html

There's only one question the prosecutor needs to ask Alec Baldwin
More than a year after Alec Baldwin had his hand on the gun and, indeed, on the trigger of the gun that killed Halyna Hutchins, he learned that he will have to answer in court for his decisions that day. And really, when you think about it, just one question could decide the case.

Both as an actor and as the executive producer, Alec Baldwin did everything wrong as regards gun safety on the Rust movie set. After shooting and killing Halyna Hutchins, Baldwin gave an interview that saw him ravaged with grief over Halyna's untimely death. That devastated reaction was belied by other images as he paraded his happy family across the internet days after Halyna's widower Matt filed a wrongful death lawsuit. Baldwin was so sure he wouldn't be facing criminal charges that he demanded his day in court to prove that he was not responsible for the gun in his hand killing Halyna. I must admit I thought myself that Alec Baldwin would never be charged in any way for the death of Halyna Hutchins.

Yesterday, January 19, 2023, the news broke that Alec Baldwin will indeed be charged with involuntary manslaughter for Halyna's death. He will face two counts of involuntary manslaughter so that the jury can decide which particular charge is more appropriate. A conviction on either charge would mean a fine of up to $5,000 and jail time of up to 18 months. However, one charge also contains a firearm enhancement, which carries a mandatory five-year sentence.

Hannah Gutierrez Reed, the young armorer on the set of Rust, will also be charged with the same two counts of involuntary manslaughter. That seems appropriate. Her primary responsibility was to secure the guns in her keeping. She failed to do so. Baldwin could not have gotten his hands on a working gun if Reed had done her job.

The final responsibility still lies with Alec Baldwin. The gun was in his hand. As the old saw goes, guns don't kill people; people kill people. Baldwin insisted that he did not pull the trigger. The FBI tested the gun and determined that it could not go off without pulling the trigger. Baldwin claims that he thought the gun was safe because the person who had handed it to him said that it was safe. I can only hope the prosecutor asks Baldwin one question. "Mr Baldwin, if the scene called for you to put the gun to your own head and pull the trigger, would you have accepted someone's word that the gun was safe, or, if your own life was on the line, would you have taken that one second to check it to make sure it was safe?"

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2731 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9mmepiphany:
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:
...that mentioned that dummy rounds and blanks were sometimes made from live rounds. Perhaps this was true at one time, but no longer true...or maybe the practice is still sometimes used. If this is true,

What makes you think it isn't currently true or has ever been not true?

I'm referring more to dummy rounds as opposed to purpose made blanks...like the 5-in-1 blank cartridges

Rereading what I typed, I probably could've phrased my thoughts better and, although I now see the value in it, grammar was never my strong suit.. but, in my defense, I was counting on the entirety of my comments to express the context.

My comments were intended to pose an open question, leaving the possibility open that the Hollywood practice of converting live rounds to dummy and/ or blank rounds may have been common practice at one time but either no longer is, or, perhaps it still is. Not being a Hollywood entertainment industry professional or insider, I simply don't know.

My comments were intended as speculation, based on information posted in this thread.

My guess is that, considering the man hours involved in pulling bullets, dumping powder, punching out primers, either drilling a witness hole in the case or inserting a shaker ball into the case, and then pressing a "projectile" into the case, for dozens/ hundreds/ thousands of rounds, would make it prohibitively expensive for armorer's to convert live rounds, unless they happen to get the live rounds at no charge.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Hubris

Damn. I'd heard about a few of those incidents, but that article really lays out the track record, really a pattern of behavior, of Baldwin's elitist prima donna attitude. The man is a royal jackass, that obviously expects special treatment and to be exempted from rules that are meant to apply to everyone.

I mentioned it previously in this thread, but I gotta believe he has burned a lot of bridges in Hollywood. I'm sure there are still some willing to work with him, but there are probably many actors, movie crew members, even financiers and insurance companies that have probably had enough of him and will probably be 'booked' when he calls to ask them to work on his next project.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:
"Mr Baldwin, if the scene called for you to put the gun to your own head and pull the trigger, would you have accepted someone's word that the gun was safe, or, if your own life was on the line, would you have taken that one second to check it to make sure it was safe?"
Too bad that wasn’t the scene. Whether he checked or no, he wouldn’t have hurt someone else.

Posts: 6961 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
His insistence that he didn't pull the trigger in the face of obvious evidence to the contrary, betrays either his propensity for lying or an ignorance of firearms, probably both.

Posts: 2560 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Here is some interesting video. I've not seen any with the NM DA yet.

This guy with his channel is either a still working cop or a retired cop in North Texas.
I subscribe to his horse channel but saw this from his other channel. Rick can be a bit full of himself and a bit flakey, but his perspective is interesting. Don't take all his monologue at heart. He's doing this from his perspective as a cop/former cop.

Here is a direct link to his channel Good Luck Ameria FWIW his horse channel is Think Like A Horse

Posts: 11915 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:
I can only hope the prosecutor asks Baldwin one question. "Mr Baldwin, if the scene called for you to put the gun to your own head and pull the trigger, would you have accepted someone's word that the gun was safe, or, if your own life was on the line, would you have taken that one second to check it to make sure it was safe?"

There is no doubt in my mind...if he were answering honestly...that he would answer "Yes" he would have accepted the expert's statement as fact...because his past experience has taught him to do so

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14218 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1604 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:

I firmly stand behind Alec Baldwin…..mainly because it’s much safer than being in front of him.

Getting ass raped in prison should teach him humility?

________,_____________________________
Guns don't kill people - Alec Baldwin kills people.
He's never been a straight shooter.

Posts: 1330 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Alec will most likely never serve one day in New Mexico State Prison (Santa Fe). I doubt he'll serve any time in Santa Fe County jail but I could be wrong.

Posts: 1459 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Possibly. But a conviction on the charge with firearm enhancement would mean a mandatory 5-year jail sentence.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16507 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Baldwin may have connections, but as this is going to be a jury trial those connections mean nothing.

-c1steve

Posts: 4091 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post