SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    One crew member dies, another hospitalized after Alec Baldwin shoots two people on set of his film
Page 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

One crew member dies, another hospitalized after Alec Baldwin shoots two people on set of his film Login/Join 
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I believe it means a "Zoom" type video conference.

Precisely. It is pretty common for preliminary matters.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skull Leader:
I believe that they were trying to make this movie on the cheap and cut corners. Hired people as armorer and armorer assistant that had no business in those positions, People that just didn't know they were in over their heads. They didn't know what they didn't know and that came back to bite them in the ass.

"The prosecution had a real expert when they had Bryan Carpenter take the stand. Dude had an impressive resume and talked the talk."

Interesting and damning article:

"SANTA FE, N.M. — The director called “action,” and Alec Baldwin emerged from a wooden shed and advanced toward the camera, firing shots from an old pistol. As soon as he heard “cut,” the actor wanted to do the take again.

“One more! One more! One more! Right away!” Baldwin shouted. “Let’s reload!”

Hannah Gutierrez Reed, the film’s 24-year-old armorer, hurried to put more blanks into his gun. Baldwin was visibly impatient. “Here we go! C’mon,” he said. “We should have two guns and both we’re reloading.”

Gutierrez Reed is now on trial for a fatal accident that occurred later on the set of “Rust.” On Thursday morning, jurors saw outtakes from the film, in which Baldwin could be seen using his pistol to point as he gave instructions to the crew. Baldwin could be seen using his pistol to point as he gave instructions to the crew.

The videos — seen publicly for the first time — are likely to be played again at Baldwin’s manslaughter trial in July. Both he and the armorer are accused of criminal negligence in the death of the film’s cinematographer, Halyna Hutchins."

Click HERE for the rest of the article. This makes me shake my head in disgust. Again and Again.

Posts: 11846 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Hasn't it been marvelous, not hearing from this gun rights-hating blowhard lecturing us about things he knows nothing about on social media? Remember, it used to be that whenever there was a shooting of notoriety, this fool would get on his high horse and be his gigantic dick self?

I don't miss it, but it's fun to think about how badly King Shit has fucked himself forever. Smile

Posts: 107596 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16355 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't miss it, but it's fun to think about how badly King Shit has fucked himself forever.

May he be FOREVER fucked!
I really hope he crawls in a hole and pulls the dirt on top of himself. Couldn’t happen to a bigger prick. If he loses every nickel he has on this movie, that’s just icing on the cake.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
quote:

Baldwin is trying to hang this around the armorer’s neck. That’s his out for criminal behavior. He’ll send her to hell to save his own skin. The most he hopes to be liable for is monetary damages and that his liability insurance will cover it.

I don't think Baldwin had enough insurance.

https://www.businessinsider.co...y-production-2021-10

Alec Baldwin's "Rust" film production was covered for up to $1 million in costs associated with injuries and damages on set, and another $1 million workers' compensation, according to a certificate of liability insurance obtained by Insider.

Insider received the certificate of liability insurance through a public records request sent to the Santa Fe Film Office.

The policy includes an additional $5 million in commercial "umbrella" coverage, providing a total of $6 million of insurance

Posts: 1559 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I started with nothing,
and still have most of it
Picture of stiab
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Remember, it used to be that whenever there was a shooting of notoriety, this fool would get on his high horse and be his gigantic dick self?

One of those, which I think I saw on Sig Forum a few years before the Rust shooting, involved a police shooting in which a suspect was killed. Baldwin taunted the shooting officer on Twitter by saying "How does it feel to live the rest of your life knowing you shot and killed an innocent person?", or words very close to that. I wish that could be found and reposted.

"While not every Democrat is a horse thief, every horse thief is a Democrat." HORACE GREELEY

Posts: 1859 | Location: Central NC | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post

Alec Baldwin's account is not showing the tweet, but here is a screenshot of it that I found.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I started with nothing,
and still have most of it
Picture of stiab
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Patrick-SP2022:
Alec Baldwin's account is not showing the tweet, but here is a screenshot of it that I found.
Yes, that's it, thanks! So now Alec does not have to wonder any more.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

"While not every Democrat is a horse thief, every horse thief is a Democrat." HORACE GREELEY

Posts: 1859 | Location: Central NC | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
Rust armorer Hannah Gutierrez-Reed is found guilty of involuntary manslaughter over shooting death of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins

The armorer for the Alec Baldwin movie Rust has been found guilty in the shooting death of the film's cinematographer.

A jury found that Hannah Gutierrez-Reed negligently allowed a live bullet to get into the gun on the set of Western which Baldwin used to accidentally shoot dead Halyna Hutchins, the movie's cinematographer.

After two hours of deliberations at the court in Santa Fe, New Mexico, a jury found her guilty on the manslaughter count, but not the tampering with evidence charge.

The verdict means that attention now turns to July when Baldwin, 65, will go on trial in the same courthouse for involuntary manslaughter. If found guilty he faces 18 months in jail as well.

-more at linky.

Posts: 2935 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Next?

Step up, King Shit. It's your turn.

Posts: 107596 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
It was the lowest level of criminal culpability. Given the rationale by the judge remanding her to custody, Baldwin will likely be found guilty of the same charge and should expect to receive a similar sentence.

Posts: 4078 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Justice served. However, I wonder how she got off the tampering of evidence count? She had someone remove her cocaine from the crime scene.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16355 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
The person who took the bag off of the set threw the bag away, she never knew what was in the bag, nor was it tested… don’t think they could have gotten anywhere with that.

quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
Justice served. However, I wonder how she got off the tampering of evidence count? She had someone remove her cocaine from the crime scene.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The expert for the defense didn't do any favors with his own handling of demonstration of firearms during his testimony.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...k-rounds/ar-BB1joxll

Posts: 2773 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
That is a fact.

How would one not have a "panel" observe him in a "mock" setting with people all around him to see if he would, in fact, be mindful of handling a firearm and also challenge him to see if he would become defensive and abrasive for perceived slight of his "expert".

He came across as one wanting prove to be "the smartest gun guy ever".

The retired LEO/Detective and Private Investigator Scott Elliot presented the type of demeanor desirable of an expert witness.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43884 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought this testimony was interesting...

An FBI expert testified in court on Monday that the revolver used by Baldwin was fully functional with safety features when it arrived at an FBI laboratory. The expert said he had to strike the fully cocked gun with a mallet and break it in order for it to fire without depressing the trigger. ...

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Very interesting article.

"Alec Baldwin had ‘no control’ over his emotions on Rust set, prosecutors say.
Public filing alleges actor, charged with involuntary manslaughter, ‘shamelessly lied’ about the deadly shooting."

New Mexico state prosecutors plan to argue that Alec Baldwin was unable to control his emotions on the set of the film Rust, where cinematographer Halyna Hutchins was killed when a gun held by the actor went off – and that he “shamelessly lied” and changed his story about the deadly shooting.

The 66-year-old actor is due to go on trial in July on a charge of involuntary manslaughter for his part in Hutchins’ death in Santa Fe. Baldwin has denied wrongdoing. But in a 32-page public filing released on Monday, prosecutor Kari Morrissey alleged that the actor would shout and swear on the set, and his uncontrolled behavior had affected safety.

“To watch Mr Baldwin’s conduct on the set of Rust is to witness a man who has absolutely no control of his own emotions and absolutely no concern for how his conduct affects those around him,” Morrissey wrote. “Witnesses have testified that it was this exact conduct that contributed to safety compromises on set.”
Morrissey also alleged that Baldwin set about deflecting responsibility after Hutchins was killed, including by claiming he had pulled the hammer but not the trigger on the reproduction Colt .45 – a contention that the prosecutor termed “absurd”.

The prosecutor said that the actor had not claimed that when he was first interviewed by police. But he had done so a month later when he went on ABC News to say, in part, that Hutchins had instructed him to point the gun at her.

“Every time Mr Baldwin spoke, a different version of events emerged from his mouth, and his later statements contradicted his previous statements,” the prosecutor said.

In March, film armorer Hannah Gutierrez-Reed was convicted of involuntary manslaughter for her part in Hutchins’ death. The two-week trial focused on how a live round ended up in the chamber of Baldwin’s prop gun when there were supposed to be only dummy bullets on the Rust set.

Gutierrez-Reed, 27, now faces up to 18 months in prison.

Progress in the case against Baldwin, who was both lead actor and a producer on the film, has been arduous. The initial prosecutor stepped down, and an involuntary manslaughter charge was dismissed pending further investigation before it was reinstated last year. In March, Baldwin’s defense team sought to have the indictment quashed, citing “abuse of the system”.

But in Monday’s filing, Morrissey argued that Baldwin’s defense team had engaged in “countless lies and manipulation” and has subjected her and co-counsel Jason Lewis to personal attacks. They also came to believe that defense claims about a faulty trigger mechanism in the gun were either false or misleading.

Morrissey said she had “naively agreed” to meet with Baldwin’s lawyers. At the meeting, she said, Baldwin’s defense team had given her a PowerPoint presentation in support of their claim that criminal charges were unwarranted.

She also said the defense planned to call prominent actors, including Harrison Ford and Helen Mirren, to testify for their client.

The latest filing additionally revealed that prosecutors offered Baldwin a misdemeanor plea deal last year. But that offer was rescinded when prosecutors learned that Baldwin was planning a documentary about Hutchins – and was “actively pressuring material witnesses in the case” to be interviewed for it.

“It was at this point that the plea offer was rescinded,” Morrissey wrote. A grand jury later returned an involuntary charge – the lowest category of homicide – that potentially carries a similar sentence to that of Gutierrez-Reed’s.

LINK TO STORY

Posts: 11846 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
The more we learn about Baldwin, the more he looks like an egomaniacal doosh.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Armorer Hannah Gutierrez-Reed was sentenced to 18 months in prison today.

https://www.kob.com/new-mexico...18-months-in-prison/

Posts: 1559 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post