SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    World Cup 2022
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

World Cup 2022 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
9+ is rare but it happens. I'm not a big soccer watcher but, I remember one match that went 10-min over when the tournament was in South Africa...those damn vuvuzelas Mad

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
I think one of the games yesterday had 11 minutes of extra time. It actually ended up with about 15 minutes before it came to an end.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1865 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Pulisic taken to the hospital. Red Face Josh Sargent might have a problem, too. Did you see how his ankle bent when he came down on top of the ball? This victory may come at a huge cost which will make beating LvG's Netherlands side a lot tougher.

I thought this was one of the best games I've seen refereed so far. I've noticed over the years that Lahoz is good at reading the non-La Liga matches he's asked to call. Some of the less experienced refs from the smaller countries might have been intimidated by the VAR into going to have a look at the two potential penalties in the last minute but he decisively and correctly waved them off.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ugggh, maybe a hernia or, a bruised-up walnut

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmore:Frankly I'm sick of all the obnoxious jingoism and would laugh my butt off if they didn't go through.

So you were cheering for Iran for a good laugh?

Nice match today, USA dominant early and held control through about 75 minutes. When they went into their defensive shell with a 1-0 lead, things got tense and one sided with Iran controlling the ball for the majority of the last 20-25 mins. Several dangerous possessions by way of crosses, and penetrations.

Uncomfortable, and reminded me of the "prevent defense" in the NFL. Made me wonder when would be a good time to stack the D, after such a successfully first 75 mins?

Posts: 73 | Registered: February 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Just got home from work.

Great win today for USMNT.

Going in with the way they were playing in the warm up friendly matches, I didn't think they would get out of the group.

This was a great day for the USA.

Here's the rest of today's results.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3477 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAAA!

I just wish it'd happened on the basis of Fair Play demerits rather than goal differentials - that would've been not only poetic justice in its highest form, but even more excruciating for the tricklers.

And, lest anyone think I'm being unfair, I guaran-damn-teee you that in their hearts of hearts they were counting on Argentina rather than on themselves.

That is all.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Today’s results

Goodbye Mexico.

We are the only CONCACAF team that advanced to the knockout stage.

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3477 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Really enjoyed the Argentina-Poland game.

The Polish goalie, Szczesny, was a beast, especially in the 1st half. But the Poles gave Argentina too many chances and Szczesny was bound to get beat eventually.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6403 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
Sprouts are on their way to the hotel to pack their gear. 0-0 draw sends Croatia through. The Belgian #9 must be wondering how he missed all those chances. He couldn't have scored in a brothel with a fistful of $100 bills.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:
The Belgian #9 must be wondering how he missed all those chances. He couldn't have scored in a brothel with a fistful of $100 bills.

An in form Lukaku would have had a hattrick but has been hurt most of the season and has hardly played at all for Inter.

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmore:
quote:
The Belgian #9 must be wondering how he missed all those chances. He couldn't have scored in a brothel with a fistful of $100 bills.

An in form Lukaku would have had a hattrick but has been hurt most of the season and has hardly played at all for Inter.

That explains why he couldn't hit a bull's ass with a banjo, but not why he was playing, or why he wasn't subbed. The coach has a few questions to answer.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Today’s results

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I don't know if you guys had a chance to catch it or not, but that Costa Rica - Germany game was a real roller coaster.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:

That explains why he couldn't hit a bull's ass with a banjo, but not why he was playing, or why he wasn't subbed. The coach has a few questions to answer.

Maybe he will; maybe he won't, but Roberto Martinez' contract is up so he just might go off quietly. By spring a team in some league fearing relegation will be desperate enough to want to hire him. He won't starve.

up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Big game tomorrow morning.

Go USA

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Fifteen Netherlands players have been affected by the flu (unclear how badly), but their coach says they'll be ready to go tomorrow. We'll see what said coach does about substitutions.

women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
Ten minutes in, not looking good.

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
come and take it
posted Hide Post
Halftime, we are getting out butts kicked. I only watch soccer during the world cup. I know soccer is not the US's sport but it's frustrating to watch. We have a population of 330 million, every kid plays soccer for a few years and it looks like we don't even belong on the field with the Dutch that have 17 million people.

I have a few SIGs.

Posts: 1891 | Location: Texan north of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post