SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    World Cup 2022
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

World Cup 2022 Login/Join 
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Here’s the final 8 teams.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3485 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Buh bye Brazil.

Croatia wins in PK’s again.

Brazil went up 1-0 in OT but couldn’t keep Croatia out of the net.

This was a huge upset.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3485 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
El que no salta es un Holandés!

(If you don’t jump, you are Dutch)

Battle cry from the 1978 finals

Big Grin

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12111 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Netherlands comes back from 2-0 down to force extra time but Argentina wins on penalties.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Great day for soccer, very exciting games today. I’m happy with the outcome of both.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9693 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
come and take it
posted Hide Post
Watched both of the games that went into overtime and then shootouts. It looked like Brazil believed too much in their own greatness and that once they were up a goal they would be able to hold the lead easily.

I have a few SIGs.

Posts: 1892 | Location: Texan north of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What's with the Messi and the rest of the Argies and all the post-game antics?

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Cristiano (and Portugal) out! Big Grin

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:
Great day for soccer, very exciting games today. I’m happy with the outcome of both.

I'm a relative newcomer to soccer, but the games yesterday and today were really something to watch. I was on the edge of my seat for these games.

I'm rooting for Argentina, but I France is so tough. I don't see anyone beating those guys.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6405 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Argentina 3-0 over Croatia advance to the Final.

Modrić comes back on the field when it ends. All class. Unlike his former RM teammate.

Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
I was minding my own business (Division 2 on Xbox) and heard the second goal. Then i joined my wife to watch the rest of the match.

Must say it is impressive to watch the 3 goal and instantly hear the whole city roar as one.

Well done.

0-0

Posts: 12111 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
I am with blackmore. Could not give a sh-- less for soccer. Glad it is over for the US.

Same, even if it wasn’t held in Qatar who used slave labor to build these stadiums which killed so many. Fuck Qatar. What a joke.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12640 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
I am with blackmore. Could not give a sh-- less for soccer. Glad it is over for the US.

Same, even if it wasn’t held in Qatar who used slave labor to build these stadiums which killed so many. Fuck Qatar. What a joke.

Please note, ORC quoted me out of context. I was just against the jingoism and hype FOX had for the overrated USMNT. Glad they're out. I've still watched every match since and am all in.

As for "Fuck Qatar", you need to say "Fuck FIFA", too. Their corruption is the ONLY reason Qatar is the "host".

chillin out
Picture of florida boy
posted Hide Post
Bummer, my 2 teams are out...USA & Croatia

I practice Shinrin-yoku
It's better to wear out than rust out
Member NRA
Member Georgia Carry

Posts: 3813 | Location: Union County, Georgia | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
We have family ties to Argentina so it goes without saying that I’m rooting for Argentina. But, boy are those French good. I’m almost not looking forward to Sunday.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6405 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Am soccer clueless so don’t take my words as no were near illustrated.

MAYBE, maybe, the advantage of both teams is they pretty much know first hand how the rival plays.

Lot of argentine players in european soccer clubs.

Hope that gives my country team the edge to win.

0-0

Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Argentina had an easier win that was less physical. They also get an extra day's rest.

Today's game was a lot more intense for the whole 90+. The ref was letting them play and there were some hard tackles dished out by the Moroccans. Were there any cards at all?

I think Argentina might have an advantage.

Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post

0-0

Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
This morning the World Cup Final, Argentina/France, is on tv. We hadn’t watched a single game, but thought, “Hey, it’s the Finals.”

We’re fixing breakfast and I look up at the tv and see a player writhing on the field with a look of excruciating pain on his face. I said to my wife.

“This is my impression of soccer, some guy laying on the field, holding his leg, for an extended period of time.”

Wife. “That happens in football too. We saw that in the football game last night.” Miami player went down and there was an injury timeout just after a big play from Josh Allen. Suspicious.

Me. “oh…yeah.”

I have to admit, this game is pretty exciting. France was down 2-0 and seemed to be outplayed by Argentina, both offensively and defensively. Suddenly, after the half, France starts playing down on Argentina’s end of the field. Two goals in 1:33 to tie.

The constant chanting and singing is a little weird.

Game is in overtime, if you’re interested.

Overtime extended. Each team scored a goal in OT. 3 minute extension, then, “penalty shootout.”

Posts: 13264 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sock Eating Golden
posted Hide Post
EVERYBODY GET IN HERE!!!!

Nick

"I cannot imagine any condition which would cause a ship to founder. I cannot conceive of any vital disaster happening to this vessel. Modern shipbuilding has gone beyond that."
-Capt. Edward Smith

Posts: 5795 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: November 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post