SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    World Cup 2022
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

World Cup 2022 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
That was quite an end. While I wasn't rooting for the Argentinians, their antics earlier in the tourney turned-me off, I do like Messi and hopefully this will quiet the Maradona is the only one who can be best crowd.

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
come and take it
posted Hide Post
Argentina declared Tuesday a national holiday, now that's a Party ! Congrats to Argentina and Messi!

I watched 10 or so games in the tournament. I only watch soccer during the world cup, I'll be back to talk soccer in 4 years!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ibanda,

I have a few SIGs.

Posts: 1892 | Location: Texan north of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Disgusted about the forced holiday. As 5 million people gathered at the path of the Team’s bus in celebration, The Pres struggled for a photo oportunity with the Champions.
They wouldn’t go near him or any other politicians. Good for them.

Our pres has forced our people NOT TO WORK and ran our economy to the ground. Inflation at 100% this year.
No work, those who have jobs cannot make ends meet and the pres mandates holidays for no good reasons. As today there was no regular public transportation, it was hard to go to work if you wanted. The main access to the city were blocked and the whole country sat on their thumbs for an event that concerned just the capital city.

The combined Federal Police, Provincial Police and the City Police couldn’t figure out a plan to make the players bus make the trip to their sleeping quarters to the city for a glorious tour.

It was impressive to watch close to 5 million celebrate. We did so out of certain desperation. A much needed break

0-0

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 0-0,

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12110 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post