SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    World Cup 2022
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

World Cup 2022 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I am fully aware of that bullshit from the NHL. However, in an 82 game season, they only make a deal out of it one night.

They don't kneel, they do not disrespect the flag, they have not gone woke-woke. You do not see anything at the games or in the arena pushing this stuff except for 1 night. I don't go on that night and do not watch it on TV.

And the players pushing this stuff are halfwits suffering from way too many concussions.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bozman,

The "Boz"

Posts: 1532 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll support the USMNT...but, from a far, always root for the US. FIFA and all the surrounding affiliates are so corrupt, its nauseating. The amount of genuflecting people give to the round black & white ball and the self-important 'officials', it's pathetic.

The event is in Qatar...what?!? There's no hiding the shenanigans that surrounded that selection.

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Imagine trying to endure a soccer match without alcohol. Pretty rough.

World Cup abruptly bans beer with millions of Budweisers already in Qatar

DOHA, Qatar — The sale of all beer with alcohol at the eight World Cup stadiums was banned Friday, only two days before the soccer tournament is set to start.

Non-alcoholic beer will still be sold at the 64 matches in the country.

Champagne, wine, whiskey and other alcohol is still expected to be served in the luxury hospitality areas of the stadiums. Outside of those places, beer is normally the only alcohol sold to regular ticket holders.

Ab InBev, the parent company of World Cup beer sponsor Budweiser, did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

AB InBev pays tens of millions of dollars at each World Cup for exclusive rights to sell beer and has already shipped the majority of its stock from Britain to Qatar in expectation of selling its product to millions of fans. The company’s partnership with FIFA started at the 1986 tournament and they are in negotiations for renewing their deal for the next World Cup in North America.

More at link:
https://nypost.com/2022/11/18/...campaign=android_nyp

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

World Cup abruptly bans beer with millions of Budweisers already in Qatar

At least Putin let people drink anywhere in 2018 but of course it WAS Russia.
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
AB InBev has already shipped the majority of its stock from Britain to Qatar in expectation of selling its product to millions of fans.

Beware of discounted Bud over here after a little while. Imagine how fast it will get skunked in Qatar's heat!

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
Maybe the Euro fans will turn the place into a parking lot for this. Screw Qatar.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6969 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IrishWind:
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
It's going to be hard for me to support the USA team since they've become woke.

Check out the new team logo:

Jim

Seeing how that logo is a giant middle finger to the Arab World, I will have to disagree with you this time and support the logo.

I understand where you're coming from and respectfully disagree. Team USA represents 100% of America. Not 51% females, 14% blacks, 10% gays or 2% transvestites. Our team colors should never be used as a political statement.

Posts: 800 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Yep, that last minute alcohol ban makes me think of that old story about the frog and the scorpion.

Budweiser and all these other alcohol vendors are the frog, and Qatar is the scorpion.

I say screw em, that’s what you get when you make deals like that.

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^ The word buzzing around was that the rainbow logo was to be used in the practice facility with the regular logo being used in the actual games.

If that's true, I'm not sure what the purpose was. Maybe they were demonstrating solidarity with Quataris in the closet?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Well, they were hosting the event to showcase Qatar....and this last-minute beer-ban kinda does.

Posts: 15031 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
I TOLD you that I was rooting for beer tents! Makes sense now...

quote:
Originally posted by mr kablammo:
I am rooting for the beer tents, although the sponsor is Budweiser. Yuck.

Fuck the islamo-supremacists and dhimmitude.

I hope that a South American team wins as their play is usually fluid and skillful.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
From what I've seen on some of the soccer forums the two teams predicted to be in the finals by the so-called experts are France and Brazil.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1866 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
A young engineer at my company is flying right now to Iran to watch the games from home. I can’t imagine what it must be like to go home to watch soccer in the midst of the chaos in that region.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5054 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
In never bonded with soccer as a sport. I had opportunities, but it never took. I'm kind of happy about that now.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
The games have begun!

Opening match is Qatar vs Ecuador.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3485 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Well, here’s hoping we get enough for my favorite Soccer moments from Ozzy Man (NSFW):

Posts: 4182 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
I TOLD you that I was rooting for beer tents! Makes sense now...

quote:
I am rooting for the beer tents, although the sponsor is Budweiser. Yuck.

Fuck the islamo-supremacists and dhimmitude.

I hope that a South American team wins as their play is usually fluid and skillful.

America & Americans...Always rooting for the underdog! Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8888 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:
European - Germany, Americas - never bet against Brazil

Brazil is favored followed by France. My grandson is 1/2 Brazilian, and soccer came to him naturally.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
What is the best way to watch the matches??

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25426 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Distinguished Pistol Shot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
What is the best way to watch the matches??

Intoxicated.

Posts: 832 | Location: South Central MO | Registered: August 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
FS1 is showing most of the games.

Also the Mexican station.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3485 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post