SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    United flight passenger beating/American Airlines fight with pregnant passenger - Page 47: Delta has gone too far this time
Page 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 47

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
United flight passenger beating/American Airlines fight with pregnant passenger - Page 47: Delta has gone too far this time Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
quote:
"Limited authority" seems to imply that they are not "real" police

So next time you're in Chicago, tell any of them you don't have to do what they say because they aren't "real police". Come back and tell us how that works out for you. Wink

I have friends locally who are "park rangers", and are also often accused of not being "real police".

Did you read the Chicago Tribune link I provided? Been to their facebook page to look at their photos?

They're real police. They may have a different duty, or may be subject to specific regulations of their department, but that doesn't mean they're not "real". Our airport also has it's own police force. Ours are armed.

We know how that works out for you.... you get a busted nose, teeth and a concussion!

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10740 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Report This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

...And you'd be surprised what they make in a month...

If it's more than $1.98 I'd be very surprised. Razz Maybe if they did make more than that they could buy real uniforms.

Posts: 28134 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
quote:
quote:

So next time you're in Chicago, tell any of them you don't have to do what they say because they aren't "real police". Come back and tell us how that works out for you. Wink

I have friends locally who are "park rangers", and are also often accused of not being "real police".

Did you read the Chicago Tribune link I provided? Been to their facebook page to look at their photos?

They're real police. They may have a different duty, or may be subject to specific regulations of their department, but that doesn't mean they're not "real". Our airport also has it's own police force. Ours are armed.

We know how that works out for you.... you get a busted nose, teeth and a concussion!

Don't forget the millions of dollars.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30558 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Respect my authority. I'm the "real" police.

Q

Posts: 26780 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
In just about any other circumstance, just one big dude coming at you with a club is grounds for shooting.

Posts: 28134 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Report This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

The million dollar payouts only happen when it's new and still shocking. Eventually the fat lips on the "you're not the real police" loudmouths only payout a few thousand.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23422 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Report This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:

Looks like it's going to work out for this guy in the millions.

No police officer has the authority to curb stomp you, no matter what.

Unless everyone in Chicago are just assholes.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34219 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Im way late to this party... anyhow....

I have this bakery and in my fine print it says I can refuse to make a cake for anyone for any reason I see fit. I dont care if you prepaid for the cake, hell I dont care its your wedding day. Im only obligated to give you a voucher for another wedding cake. This voucher expires in 364 days and cannot be used Fri-Sun between 10am-8pm. The voucher also cannot be transferred or sold to a third party. Any question to the fine print will result in ass kicking.

Why does this fine print only apply to certain businesses?. You can force someone to bake you a cake but can refused to let a passenger fly on a plane for any reason.

Posts: 5440 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Report This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:

Unless everyone in Chicago are just assholes.
No, not everyone, just the fake cops.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30920 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

The million dollar payouts only happen when it's new and still shocking. Eventually the fat lips on the "you're not the real police" loudmouths only payout a few thousand.

Good point. I'd better get in on the ground floor......as it were.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29787 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Looks like it's going to work out for this guy in the millions.

I agree 100%. But that has nothing to do with the fact that the guys involved in this story are "real police". They are not private security, hired guards, or wannabes. Perhaps Chicago PD officers look at them in that way, but these guys went to the same academy and have the same state license.

quote:
just the fake cops.

So what's the difference between a "real" and a "fake" officer?

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15771 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Report This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:

From what I've read somewhere between $50k-80k a year. That's pretty good living. Of course it's a patronage job that you won't get without "juice."

The airport is a gun free zone and by liberal logic, the signs on the door mean that criminals don't bring guns in. Why do the "police" need to be armed? Confused

quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Respect my authority. I'm the "real" police.

They're also "real" plane Captains so we need to respeck their authority too because they give us the privilege of boarding "their" plane. Roll Eyes

safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
They are hiring. Wink

https://chicago.taleo.net/care...detail.ftl?job=99860

Doesn't seem as if they'll accept a cracker jack box badge though. Looks like you have to be an authentic, real, certified police officer.

quote:
New employees must successfully complete the minimum standards set forth by the Illinois Local Law Enforcement Officer's Training Board and be certified by the State of Illinois as a Law Enforcement Officer

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15771 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
quote:

From what I've read somewhere between $50k-80k a year.

So what is that in circa 1990 numbers...

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30558 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
but these guys went to the same academy and have the same state license.

Evidently the academy didn't teach don't curb stomp defenseless, cornered old people.

Or is curb stomping a part of respecting authortah?

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34219 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Report This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
IDK, but I don't think these guys would even qualify for LEOSA, since they are not armed.

If you have to say that you are the real police, then you are not the real police.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17495 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Report This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you have to say that you are the real police, then you are not the real police.

It's not them saying it. It's the state of Illinois saying it.

Isn't a "real police officer" somebody who's authorized by law to be one? Isn't that the case here? They are indeed authorized law enforcement recognized by the laws of the state of Illinois?

I don't understand what anybody's opinion has to do with anything here. They're either law enforcement, or they're not. In this case, they are. Like it or not. Agree with it or not. What they say, or not.

And if they are not "real police", why haven't the 300 or so officers that work there been arrested for impersonating officers? They have police cars. The cars say police on the side. They have lights and sirens. They wear uniforms that say police. They have badges that say police. But some of you insist they are not the police.

www.zykansafe.com

Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
They have badges that say police.

Badges. Badges. We don't need no........

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 11006 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Report This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
It doesn't matter if they are real police or not in this situation. They still didn't have the authority to do what they did.

Posts: 3414 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Report This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I see United had issued new rules

Once on the plane you can't be removed

If flight crew has to fly they have to arrive an hour early or take the next flight. Which is interesting since we have been told in this thread this was impossible.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10740 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Report This Post