SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Congressional UFO Hearing
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Congressional UFO Hearing Login/Join 
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Assume that there are aliens. And assume that they are capable of traveling interstellar or even intergalactic.

Of all the gazillion planets in the universe, what are the odds they actually come here? How many eons would it take for them to randomly choose to check out earth?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12751 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Assume that there are aliens. And assume that they are capable of traveling interstellar or even intergalactic.

Of all the gazillion planets in the universe, what are the odds they actually come here? How many eons would it take for them to randomly choose to check out earth?

And if they have that capability and have somehow chosen Earth and traveled across interstellar or intergalactic space to get here--how can anyone think they would crash the landing?

Posts: 3440 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Maybe they have their equivalent of made in chicom? Smile

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12751 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1576 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
my suspicion is when they do come back it will not be good... think of the Spanish when they came to Central America as just a minor thing.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I posted this pic before- it is a representation of just the Milky Way galaxy and has a TINY little blue dot that shows just how far our radio transmissions have traveled since we began transmitting them at essentially light speed for all the “aliens” to hear/see/detect. The distances involved in even light speed travel are mind boggling but apparently not mind boggling enough to be accepted by some folks.

https://www.sciencealert.com/h...o-space-as-you-think

Now understand that what any living species sees or hears across the void at light speed will be old information as soon as they detect it. In other words, if an alien civilization exists, and resided a mere 104 light years away (that is the distance our oldest possibly detectable transmissions have made it so far)- essentially a 200 light year distance sphere or 104 light years in ANY direction. Aliens at that distance would be getting 104 year old information. That’s if they were bothering to listen, had the equipment to detect it, and had the ability to travel at relativistic speeds. The Milky Way is over 100,000 light years across. Our transmissions have traveled a TINY fraction of that distance after 104 years. If “aliens” could in fact achieve light speed travel, and wanted to come investigate, it would be travel time at light speed from that point. If they had a ship that could instantly reach light speed and the ability to come to a stop immediately (and left right now) it would take them 104 years to get here. As in 2127 being the arrival date. If they didn’t hit some wandering space rock without some kind of “shield” to protect them.

It is entirely possible that life exists elsewhere in the universe, even within the Milky Way. Do I think any of it has reached us? I do not. Why travel such vast distances only to keep their presence a secret from us? Some silly Star Trek bullshit of “not interfering with the primitives”? I don’t believe for a second that such a species would not reveal itself to us. To put light speed travel into perspective, light from the sun takes around 9 minutes to reach us. Light takes around 5.5 hours on average to reach Pluto. It would take about 22 hours to catch up to Voyager 1, which has only just escaped the heliosphere. It hasn’t even reached the Oort Cloud; light takes 2 full years to reach that far.

Light speed is a fever dream. Like with “aliens”, I’ll believe it when I see it.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15616 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I see aliens all the time here in H-town.

Q

Posts: 26464 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
The WalMartians are real!

Posts: 11005 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Why now?

Another official narrative distraction — aliens — was illustrated by yesterday’s Congressional UFO hearings. The Guardian ran two pieces yesterday, a live blog published during the subcommittee hearings headlined, “UFO hearings: whistleblower David Grusch says ‘non-human biologics’ found at alleged crash sites – as it happened,” and an article published afterwards headlined, “UFO hearing key takeaways: cover-up claims and Pentagon denials.” The AP’s version was headlined, “Whistleblower tells Congress the US is concealing ‘multi-decade’ program that captures UFOs.”

Anyway, it was big corporate media news.

Social media chatter about the hearings also streamed in furiously and fast from unexpected sources. For instance, Charlie Kirk tweeted about the sworn testimony by a former intelligence analyst who claimed captured UFOs holding “non-human biologics.”
image 4.png

https://twitter.com/charliekir.../1684223086399479813

To be clear: so far there is no tangible physical evidence — zero, zip, none — of anything described by the witnesses. Whistleblower David Grusch has not, himself, seen any craft, bodies, or any other physical evidence. He has only testified about things other people have told him, so it would be difficult to convict him of perjury. The evidence to date includes only witness testimony plus a handful of short, grainy videos of weird-looking flying objects.

So what is really going on? To me, the Guardian accidentally fingered the most important implication of the story when it essentially argued that the government has flung open some kind of Overton window that was only cracked open for a long, long time, and now there’s no going back:

The legitimization of UFO discussion has been propelled in part by claims from US military pilots of UFO encounters, along with leaked military videos showing inexplicable happenings in the sky.

“There’s a sort of critical mass building now,” said Nick Pope, who spent the early 1990s investigating UFOs for the British Ministry of Defense (MoD). “And I think even though it’s easy to portray some of the politicians as mavericks, the fact that Republicans and Democrats are lining up, are united in their stance on this … I think we have crossed a line.”

Indeed. For most of my life, UFO talk was just wacky conspiracy theory of the highest order, close to Santa Claus for grownups. When the Guardian babbled about “legitimization” of the “UFO discussion,” it meant that UFO speculation is officially not disinformation any more. Which is exactly what makes a lot of us extra skeptical.

There are plenty of other things we could speculate about — like, say, jab injuries — that are much more tangible than UFOs, but which remain squarely in the official disinformation category. Still, apart from big-audience pundits like Charlie Kirk who appear fascinated by the UFO talk, a slew of ordinary social media commenters were skeptical expressly because the government suddenly seems to be endorsing the UFO phenomenon. Here are a few of last night’s examples:

And this snarky one:

Finally, this tweet neatly summed up the situation:

And there it was, exactly how I feel, succinctly stated in a single, short declarative sentence. The real uncounted wages of the pandemic is the mounting global skepticism of any kind of authority, a deep loss of trust not just in agencies like the CDC and the FDA, but in “the government” writ large.

People are starting to believe what President Ronald Reagan said forty years ago: Government is not the solution to the problem. Government is the problem.

https://www.coffeeandcovid.com...ack&utm_medium=email

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24166 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
It's amazing how now that everyone has a camera with them all the time, recordings of UFOs, the loch Ness monster, Bigfoot, etc, have completely dried up. Roll Eyes

Posts: 3665 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
With infinite complacence we go to and fro over the earth about our
little affairs, serene in the assurance of our dominion over this small,
spinning fragment of solar driftwood which, by chance or design, man has
inherited out of the dark mystery of Time and Space.

Yet across an immense ethereal gulf, minds that are to our minds as ours are to
the beasts in the jungle, intellects vast, cool and unsympathetic, regard this
Earth with envious eyes and slowly and surely draw their plans against us.

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15908 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have no doubt with the infinite galaxy that there are other planets with life. These planets could possibly have had life for millions of years so we can’t really think of space exploration in our terms based on the technology that we have.

My problem with other life coming here is you would have to believe that they have such incredible technology that we cannot even comprehend it yet they can’t keep from crashing once they get here. Come on

Posts: 3930 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
The best laid plans of mice and little green men ...

Posts: 15908 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobtheelf:
It's amazing how now that everyone has a camera with them all the time, recordings of UFOs, the loch Ness monster, Bigfoot, etc, have completely dried up. Roll Eyes
There is a post in the memes thread that effectively addresses this phenomenon.

Posts: 6505 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
If life exists outside of this planet and if it has found a way to visit Earth it isn’t outside of the realm of possibilities that a craft could crash. We lose aircraft all the time due to avoidable and sometimes unavoidable/unpredictable catastrophic failures. Shit happens, typically at the most inopportune time when possible.

I don’t view it as impossible that one could crash. I do find it extremely unlikely that any group of people could successfully conceal recovering a craft for the purpose of back engineering it. At some point someone would blow the lid off something like that with impossible to refute proof.

That has not happened.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21122 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Consider this possibility:

I am convinced that life on this planet has gone through many iterations, and all have met their demise through one means or another i.e. natural events, mass extinction level events, self annihilation and the like. If you can believe that, there is a great possibility that some of those civilizations have lasted much longer than we have and gained higher technical advances, some shorter. Look at how much (in our present short time) we have thrown out into space. I think it's possible that prior civilizations have done the same, and some of what we are seeing now are some of those objects making their way back around the galaxy to us, passing through never to be seen again until however long it takes them to come back through again.

Tony

Posts: 316 | Registered: December 18, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tonydec:
I am convinced that life on this planet has gone through many iterations, and all have met their demise through one means or another i.e. natural events, mass extinction level events, self annihilation and the like.
What does this mean? Explain this, please, and present your evidence to back up this belief. Or, is that all is- a belief and nothing more?

Please provide as much detail as you can regarding what you mean by "life on this planet has gone through many iterations."

A person may make any claims they wish, but until you provide actual evidence, you're just talking, and that makes it meaningless.

I'll say it once again- in this forum, I will not tolerate fantasies.

Posts: 107706 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am convinced that life on this planet has gone through many iterations,

Man, wouldn’t it be awesome if someone invented a field of study called “geology” or “anthropology”? Like totally awesome dude.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12440 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I don't believe that the Earth is being visited by extraterrestrials, but I do wonder what all the UAPs/UFOs are. I do believe that some of the observances are of some real phenomena--we just apparently don't know what they are (or some do and don't reveal it).

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post