SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Congressional UFO Hearing
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Congressional UFO Hearing Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:

Why in hell have we spent huge sums of money to attempt to explore Mars? When so many problems confront us right here in the U.S.? I get the fact that the use of Space near our planet has benefits for our society. But Mars?
Anyone really want to go there? Live there?
Cure cancer. Or the common cold, maybe? Fix our problems first, then rocket off to Mars!

I have a theory about that. Maybe I should I clear it with Para before I post, I don't want to get on his bad side. No, it doesn't have anything to do with aliens.

Tony

Posts: 324 | Registered: December 18, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Accomplice
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobtheelf:
Faster than light travel is not possible.

Therefore, no aliens have visited us.

The scale of the universe is simply too large.

I always find this argument comical coming from a member of a species that did not have electricity 200 years ago. Just because we don’t comprehend it, it doesn’t mean it isn’t possible for a civilization that has been around thousands of years longer than we have. Imagine the ants in your yard saying there is not possible for any species to travel three houses over because it’s simply isn’t possible for them to do so.

Essentially, you are projecting current human limitations onto every other species without any knowledge of what they may be capable of.

Roswell Crash - July, 1947, CIA Formed - Sept, 1947

Posts: 1950 | Registered: September 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Accomplice
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
Funny how today there are millions of cameras EVERYWHERE, yet there are fewer photos from UFO sightings than there were in the 1950's.

Watch a group of humans stare down at their phones and not look up at the sky. It’s actually taken peoples eyes off of their surroundings and put them onto screens.

Picture of Accomplice
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Saying that credible sources (military pilots) exist is akin to fawning over “mil spec”. Total bullshit. I was a military pilot. I have seen things that I couldn’t explain. That isn’t because I saw aliens. It’s because there are a lot of laws of physics that I don’t understand by heart. Seeing things in the air is one of the easiest places to get wrong. There are a dozen things that make visual ID difficult airborne. Don’t even start with earthly technology that seems outer worldly if you have never seen it before.

This is idiocy that our taxpayer dollars are being wasted on this.

There is exactly ZERO credible evidence of aliens.

All three of those guys have given public comments and interviews on countless platforms prior to this hearing and none of what they've said is revelatory compared to their previous comments. As for each of the individuals, I'm more apt to believe Favor & Graves only because there's been enough comments from friends and colleagues supporting their character and both have commented in detail their 'encounters' while in the military and the systems they attempted to use. This guy David Grusch however, definitely comes across as an odd-ball, nobody has come out saying they know him or, worked with him before and his statements are generally vague, nothing substantive other than, 'I've seen things that others haven't, believe me.'
Congressional hearings have become more about grandstanding to get into public records, than uncovering anything of substance. How long is this thing going on for?

Grusch is on the autism spectrum and that accounts for some of his mannerisms.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Accomplice:
Oh, brother.

Why is it always the CIA?

Yes, the CIA was formed because a weather balloon landed in New Mexico. Brilliant.

They can read thoughts, y'know.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107921 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I always find this argument comical coming from a member of a species that did not have electricity 200 years ago. Just because we don’t comprehend it, it doesn’t mean it isn’t possible for a civilization that has been around thousands of years longer than we have. Imagine the ants in your yard saying there is not possible for any species to travel three houses over because it’s simply isn’t possible for them to do so.

Essentially, you are projecting current human limitations onto every other species without any knowledge of what they may be capable of.

Well, there's the whole "breaking causality" thing too.

One of the great explanations I heard for the cosmic speed limit is that when you view spacetime as one 4-dimensional construct, then every movement of any sort can be described as a vector of a fixed magnitude. As you move faster in a space dimension, the direction of the vector changes to a spacial direction, but the magnitude does not. That's why you move slower through time as you move faster through space.

We can't go faster than light because we're already going the speed of light. We're just moving mostly through time, not space. If we were to move the speed of light through space, we would cease moving forward in time, and causality would break.

Posts: 3667 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Accomplice
posted Hide Post
I feel like I’ve fallen into a chat room from 1998. I had no idea such large swaths of people had not been keeping up with the state of our understanding of this phenomena. We’re past “are UFOs real?”. It’s been established by myriad sources, sensor data, etc. that a non-human intelligence is operating advanced craft in our atmosphere, and under the sea. One of the witnesses today is giving a list of both hostile and cooperative witnesses for Congress to reach out to, to prove that we have these recovered craft and bodies. It will be at 100% confirmed very soon. If they come up with evidence of these items stored at aerospace companies and the dept of energy, will you people understand that this is real or will you still be keeping your head in the sand? I’m OK with either because it is pretty shocking stuff.

It’s possible that this is some sort of PSYop that the government has deftly executed over the better part of a century, and many administrations. Somehow, perfectly executed by a government that seems incapable of doing much else well. The only thing that really supports this possibility is that the UFO disclosure is heating up just as tensions for potential kinetic conflict with China is ramping up. It could be a head fake to scare enemies into wondering what advanced weapons we may have. I think this is a very slim possibility though.

Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7124 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Speed of light, not speed of light- it doesn't matter. Why behave as if this is the determining factor?

Here's what it comes down to: if you believe that this planet is being visited by beings from elsewhere, it's not because you objectively sought the truth; it's because you want to believe it's true, because it would be eerie and oh, so fascinating. You want it to be true, and in all of the flimsy "evidence" that people have been putting forth for decades, there has been nothing- nothing to confirm your beliefs. Nothing.

And yet, you forge ahead, confident in all of the nothing being presented, because you can't face facts.

And it has nothing to do with the physical laws of the Universe.

We're talking about how laughable it is for a civilization that didn't have electricity 200 years ago to yadda yadda. You wanna know what's really laughable? Failing to take into account or to even comprehend the massively vast distances between even the planets in our own solar system, not to mention between our system and other systems, which likely do not have intelligent life, and even when intelligent life is present, the time scale is a big factor. Even a matter of, say, 5,000 years means we would not live in the same epoch of some other civilization, which may be thousands or hundreds of thousands, millions of light years from Earth.

And then you have to assume faster-than-light travel and how these civilizations would care at all about a tiny blue rock so far away.

It's just ridiculous- all of it. Cut the speculation and show us real evidence. You cannot do so, for the simple reason that no such evidence exists, and it doesn't exist because there is no one and nothing visiting us.

It's juvenile fantasy. We are alone. We are on our own. No one is coming- not malevolently, not benevolently or benignly.

And when a key spokesman for the Biden administration is asked if aliens are visiting us and that assclown says "We don't know", my GOD!! Do the right thing and be outraged. Be embarrassed for us. It's kiddie bullshit and these people are supposed to be leading us!

Picture of Accomplice
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Speed of light, not speed of light- it doesn't matter. Why behave as if this is the determining factor?

Here's what it comes down to: if you believe that this planet is being visited by beings from elsewhere, it's not because you objectively sought the truth; it's because you want to believe it's true, because it would be eerie and oh, so fascinating. You want it to be true, and in all of the flimsy "evidence" that people have been putting forth for decades, there has been nothing- nothing to confirm your beliefs. Nothing.

And yet, you forge ahead, confident in all of the nothing being presented, because you can't face facts.

And it has nothing to do with the physical laws of the Universe.

We're talking about how laughable it is for a civilization that didn't have electricity 200 years ago to yadda yadda. You wanna know what's really laughable? Failing to take into account or to even comprehend the massively vast distances between even the planets in our own solar system, not to mention between our system and other systems, which likely do not have intelligent life, and even when intelligent life is present, the time scale is a big factor. Even a matter of, say, 5,000 years means we would not live in the same epoch of some other civilization, which may be thousands or hundreds of thousands, millions of light years from Earth.

And then you have to assume faster-than-light travel and how these civilizations would care at all about a tiny blue rock so far away.

It's just ridiculous- all of it. Cut the speculation and show us real evidence. You cannot do so, for the simple reason that no such evidence exists, and it doesn't exist because there is no one and nothing visiting us.

It's juvenile fantasy. We are alone. We are on our own. No one is coming- not malevolently, not benevolently or benignly.

And when a key spokesman for the Biden administration is asked if aliens are visiting us and that assclown says "We don't know", my GOD!! Do the right thing and be outraged. Be embarrassed for us. It's kiddie bullshit and these people are supposed to be leading us!

I don’t think that the folks at the center of this research believe they are extraterrestrial necessarily. They are calling them non-human intelligence and not ETs because they believe they may get here in ways that we do not understand, and from places that we do not understand. I don’t think that the consensus is that these folks are getting into vehicles on another planet, and traveling through space to our planet. There is a lot of information out there on this, so I would encourage you to research it.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
I feel like I’ve fallen into a chat room from 1998. I had no idea such large swaths of people had not been keeping up with the state of our understanding of this phenomena. We’re past “are UFOs real?”. It’s been established by myriad sources, sensor data, etc. that a non-human intelligence is operating advanced craft in our atmosphere, and under the sea. One of the witnesses today is giving a list of both hostile and cooperative witnesses for Congress to reach out to, to prove that we have these recovered craft and bodies. It will be at 100% confirmed very soon. If they come up with evidence of these items stored at aerospace companies and the dept of energy, will you people understand that this is real or will you still be keeping your head in the sand? I’m OK with either because it is pretty shocking stuff.
I'm going to state this to you plainly and directly: You are an established and well-behaved member of this forum, and you are most welcome here, but the day will never come that I tolerate whacky stuff like this, with unsubstantiated, fantastic claims.

It doesn't matter if you think I'm a blind fool who is dead wrong. Doesn't matter. I am telling you that I will not tolerate this forum being used as a platform for UFO conspiracy nonsense. You have to understand this. I'm not going to tolerate any further such postings of this insane fantasy garbage.
quote:
I don’t think that the folks at the center of this research believe they are extraterrestrial necessarily. They are calling them non-human intelligence and not ETs because they believe they may get here in ways that we do not understand, and from places that we do not understand. I don’t think that the consensus is that these folks are getting into vehicles on another planet, and traveling through space to our planet. There is a lot of information out there on this, so I would encourage you to research it.
See my comments above. It's nothing but fantasy and it has no place in this forum.

When you have some actual evidence- not some guy saying that such-and-such has occurred or is occurring- then let us know.

posted Hide Post
If they can do all that- Why are they coming here? For our women?

A long time ago an interviewer asked if none of this is true- Why are there so many movies, books and sightings of UFO's. The person responded- People want to believe so we give them what they want.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13418 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
Someone listened to too many Art Bell radio broadcasts.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4838 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's interstellar tribalism. Humans are hardwired to discriminate between "us" and "them". This is the same thing on a grand scale. The only difference is that unlike, say, two small bands of humans facing off on the African Savanna 300,000 years ago, there is no one and nothing to face off against, because even though intelligent life surely exists out there, we will never meet.

Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
Yeah. It’s that damned 186,000 miles per second thing.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9079 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yikes. It is hard to believe that people think aliens are real. Not “I believe alien life is possible” but straight up its real and they have crashed/visited here.

As for speed of light, you can’t really equate electricity with 186,000 miles per second and all the attendant physics that goes along with it. That is paper airplanes to space shuttles comparison and I think I’m understating that.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
To Serve Man is a cookbook!

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29761 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
I recently discovered a YouTube channel called The Why Files that relates to all kinds of strange UFO/UAP phenomena stuff. It’s a FANTASTIC channel if you’re into mysterious things, aliens, Bigfoot and stuff like that. The Why Files piqued my interest in these hearings. Some of the people who love the channel speak of “disclosure” as though they are 100% certain extraterrestrial life exists.

Being aware of the intricate and incredibly creative misinformation campaigns (think Mirage Men documentary) the government has used in the past to conceal classified weaponry I am not 100% sure what we are being shown is anything more than a clever way to mess with people and leave China wondering what the hell we have.

It is damn interesting though.

Aliens are real, but that channel is utter crap. Absolutely full of interesting thing with bullshit "facts" or claims.

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2277 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I think The Why Files is one of the more fun channels on YouTube. Do I believe everything on it? Heck no. Do I find it thought provoking, interesting and entertaining? Absolutely!

The way the episodes try to get you to believe or buy into whatever the topic is and then later debunks the whole thing is a fun format. Why do I think it’s fun? It shows you that it’s not too hard to convince people of far fetched stories when you focus on the more outlandish claims and then slowly work towards more realistic claims/facts.

If anything it’s a channel that reinforces the importance of being skeptical while exposing you to incredibly interesting stories often relating to aliens or UFOs but not exclusively focusing on that stuff.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21154 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Well, there's the whole "breaking causality" thing too.

One of the great explanations I heard for the cosmic speed limit is that when you view spacetime as one 4-dimensional construct, then every movement of any sort can be described as a vector of a fixed magnitude. As you move faster in a space dimension, the direction of the vector changes to a spacial direction, but the magnitude does not. That's why you move slower through time as you move faster through space.

We can't go faster than light because we're already going the speed of light. We're just moving mostly through time, not space. If we were to move the speed of light through space, we would cease moving forward in time, and causality would break.

What I think I've seen in the various physics videos, based on what you described, is that everything with mass is moving through space-time (4D Minkowski space) at the speed of light, more or less one than another outside your own intertial frame of reference (I think that's how it goes sorta). 3D space doesn't actually exist alone by itself in the Universe as far as we know. And only massless particles (photons) can move at c, and because their speed is c, photons don't experience time, for lack of a better term. If you really want to get freaky, check out what is time, which is interesting because we don't know, though there's some pretty interesting speculation by physicists. And also, the origins of mass, that's pretty interesting (best theory may be bounded energy - aka quarks bound by gluons inside protons). Don't understand it but it's fun trying to understand. I think physicists have the best time making a living, the only thing being you have to be real good with maths, and have a pretty solid IQ to be able to abstract to that level, and even higher IQ and dedication in order to add to the base of existing knowledge.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8742 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post