SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Wal-Mart reverses stance, announces plan to limit gun and ammo sales
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 17
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wal-Mart reverses stance, announces plan to limit gun and ammo sales Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Abn556:
Just canceled my account
What account is that? Walmart CC, or what?

Posts: 108997 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Power is nothing
without control
posted Hide Post
The stance on Open Carry seems a little circular to me. Folks don't openly carry guns as much anymore so the populace in general isn't used to seeing it. So, when some urbanite sees a dude walk into a rural Walmart in camo with a shotgun over his shoulder, they freak out. The solution to that doesn't, to me, seem to be making it even LESS likely that they will see a regular joe walking around with a gun and not doing anything naughty. I'd think that would just make the problem of people being scared of any and all guns worse, not better.

It would seem the problem could also be resolved by making normal folks with guns a more common sight. I have been to at least one Walmart location around deer season where camo-clad folks with rifles or shotguns over their shoulder were a common sight. No one freaked out and no one got shot or arrested. It was just normal. Acting like carrying a gun is scary and abnormal doesn't sit right with me.

Of course, in my community murder and assault with a deadly weapon aren't real big problems, so there isn't much reason to be afraid or guns, knives, clubs, or whatever. I suppose some folks may legitimately worry more about getting murdered or assaulted in their community than I do. In their case, I can see how someone strolling around with a deadly weapon might be a cause for alarm...of course, I would think more than just guns would cause them alarm. You would think Jojo the nutjob walking down the street with his mail-order katana strapped to his back probably freaks those folks out just as bad as if he had a glock shoved down the front of his pants.

Of course, I'm preaching to the choir here. You probably don't read this website if you are a fan of gun control as a response to mass murders.

- Bret

Posts: 2476 | Location: OH | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I actually bought some ammo at Walmart today.

Posts: 1184 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

From the CEO's letter re ammo sales and guns,

Link

Today, I’m sending letters to the White House and the Congressional leadership that call for action on these common sense measures.
Again, with the "common sense."

What a load of bullshit!

I have your "common sense." Right here.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31371 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Well, I can't boycott Wal Mart, since I almost never go there. (Although I generally don't believe such boycotts are effective.)

Too bad to loose a competitor in the retail ammo market.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53235 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
This is a disturbing trend...

Sears, Western Auto, etc. stopped selling firearms about 50 years ago. I have some old InterArms 7.5x55 ammo that has a Kroger (grocery store chain) price tag sticker...when's the last time you could buy ammo in a grocery store?

Walmart not selling ammo is not the end of ammunition availability...nor a new, disturbing trend.

Posts: 32 | Location: B'ham, AL | Registered: June 11, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kb377:
quote:
This is a disturbing trend...

Sears, Western Auto, etc. stopped selling firearms about 50 years ago. I have some old InterArms 7.5x55 ammo that has a Kroger (grocery store chain) price tag sticker...when's the last time you could buy ammo in a grocery store?

Walmart not selling ammo is not the end of ammunition availability...nor a new, disturbing trend.

Yet other general retailers picked up the slack AKA K-Mart and Wal-Mart, if they sell ammo or not that's not a problem per se, however, engaging in anti gun ownership tactics and joining with the left to craft legislation in states or federal levels is a problem, that signals the intent of the leadership to be involved in political actions against gun owners.

Posts: 24203 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kb377:

Walmart not selling ammo is not the end of ammunition availability..

It seems you've missed the point completely.

quote:
.nor a new, disturbing trend.

Again missing the point. The big picture here is not the ammo. Read this douchebag CEO's statement. The issue are these virtue signaling, cowards who are running these companies. They are purposefully disregarding half the country.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30876 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Ammo aint the issue, although I couldn't beat Walmart's ammo prices most of the time.

The People are now governed by private entities who are, however directly or indirectly, supported by the government; these companies will continue to support these "causes" and pressure the government to follow the same fad trends as they.

Posts: 7547 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting to point out that it appears this little blurb might have scrubbed from updates news of dickmart shitting the bed:

"Walmart also last month said it would be pulling violent video game displays out of stores following the shootings."

So what is it causing these shootings walmart? Guns and ammo or video games?

Walmart, the gun grabbers from the 1990s called and they want their explanation of mass shootings back.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
Well, that’s the last they’ll see of me. Unfortunately, the local gun stores still think it’s 2013. CCI 22 at $8.50 for 50. The gun shows still sell Ammo that looks it’s been hauled around since the Nixon/Lodge days. Honest to God, a couple of years ago I bought some 22. When I peeled off the price sticker it was celebrating Y2K. Thanks a lot WM, screw you and your righteous bullshit. The ghetto dwellers who shop there don’t really GAF as long as you take EBT.

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
The "short barrel rifle ammunition" that they're discontinuing also includes .300 Blackout and .224 Valkyrie as well, according to an infographic Walmart just released.

(Apparently "short barrel rifle ammunition" is the new "fully semiautomatic assault rifle" or "high capacity magazine clip"... Some phrase that sounds impressively technical yet vaguely threatening to people who know nothing about guns, but is actually nonsense. Roll Eyes)

Posts: 33033 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
Gotta ask. Does Costco sell ammo????? I may need to join.

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by greco:
Gotta ask. Does Costco sell ammo????? I may need to join.

Nope. Neither does Sam's Club (which is owned by Wal-Mart anyway).

Posts: 33033 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Well, apparently they're not just burning to get out of the market - at 31 cents per round after tax ($58 retail per 200-round bulk box) for WWB 55 grain FMJ, they don't even have a decent sale going on.

Posts: 27302 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
They don’t have to. The panic buying idiots will gobble it up with quickness now that this is getting lots of media coverage.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21220 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Walmart said Tuesday it will discontinue all sales of short-barrel rifle ammunition....

Roll Eyes

Just more Virtue Signaling by another corporate CEO imbecile! Seriously, exactly how do these 'brilliant' corporate douchebags come to the conclusion that it's a good idea to piss off a large percentage of their customer base?

Let's see....How'd that work out for Dick's, or Gillette?

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9427 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sadlerbw:
The stance on Open Carry seems a little circular to me. Folks don't openly carry guns as much anymore so the populace in general isn't used to seeing it. So, when some urbanite sees a dude walk into a rural Walmart in camo with a shotgun over his shoulder, they freak out. The solution to that doesn't, to me, seem to be making it even LESS likely that they will see a regular joe walking around with a gun and not doing anything naughty. I'd think that would just make the problem of people being scared of any and all guns worse, not better.

It would seem the problem could also be resolved by making normal folks with guns a more common sight. I have been to at least one Walmart location around deer season where camo-clad folks with rifles or shotguns over their shoulder were a common sight. No one freaked out and no one got shot or arrested. It was just normal. Acting like carrying a gun is scary and abnormal doesn't sit right with me.

Of course, in my community murder and assault with a deadly weapon aren't real big problems, so there isn't much reason to be afraid or guns, knives, clubs, or whatever. I suppose some folks may legitimately worry more about getting murdered or assaulted in their community than I do. In their case, I can see how someone strolling around with a deadly weapon might be a cause for alarm...of course, I would think more than just guns would cause them alarm. You would think Jojo the nutjob walking down the street with his mail-order katana strapped to his back probably freaks those folks out just as bad as if he had a glock shoved down the front of his pants.

Of course, I'm preaching to the choir here. You probably don't read this website if you are a fan of gun control as a response to mass murders.

- Bret

Open carry, ( primarily of handguns ) is still fairly common around here, though less so in Savannah. The wm's in outlying communities have a number of bubba's with hi-points carried in nylon holsters who probably won't realize this change until they're confronted in the stores.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Its not just that the largest retailer in the US is stopping ammo sales, its that they are in lock step with anti gunner agenda, just look at the steps they have taken, Dropped AR, Stopped Selling ammo, next is handguns in AK, the CEO's full letter states they want out of the gun market and support restricting gun sales and ownership. Its highlighted below.

He's echoing the core management agenda which is almost verbatim the anti-gunner groups positions, their tactic is failing in court and in the legislative halls, so they are going to go directly at the source.

Will someone else take up the slack, yes but not at the lower price point, LGS are happy as heck, they can now raise prices, especially on the poor gun owners in states where Internet shipping is illegal, and that's part of the plan, since they can't win in court, they take the fight to the street, corporate boardrooms etc....

Paypal, Bank of America, other financial institutions are blocking CC access to firearms dealers, you can't post guns on Ebay or gun products or pay for them with Paypal....

Excerpt from Letter

Finally, we encourage our nation’s leaders to move forward and strengthen background checks and to remove weapons from those who have been determined to pose an imminent danger.

We do not sell military-style rifles, and we believe the reauthorization of the Assault Weapons ban should be debated to determine its effectiveness. We must also do more, as a country, to understand the root causes that lead to this type of violent behavior. Today, I’m sending letters to the White House and the Congressional leadership that call for action on these common sense measures .

As we’ve seen before, these horrific events occur and then the spotlight fades. We should not allow that to happen. Congress and the administration should act. Given our decades of experience selling firearms, we are also offering to serve as a resource in the national debate on responsible gun sales.

Posts: 24203 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
What is "short barrel rifle ammunition?"

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31371 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post