SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Cop tasers old woman fleeing from an $80 ticket
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cop tasers old woman fleeing from an $80 ticket Login/Join 
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Looking at the pic of the pickup truck rear end damage, the bumper looks fine so I’m wondering what hit it, or she backed into, that caused such damage to the tailgate and bed? Obviously the right side taillight assembly is just totally destroyed.

This whole situation reminds me of the FUBAR expression.

Posts: 11854 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin101:
On the plus side she can babysit the younguns while wearing a ankle monitor. Everyone will have a 9 pm curfew! lol

They’ve been dead since 2012 (per the article.)

Posts: 516 | Registered: October 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
The thought that a 65-year-old woman, known to the community as the grandmother of two boys lost in the 2012 Piedmont Tornado, needed to be tased and arrested for not signing a ticket offends common notions of decency.

Really?? That is what we call an irrelevant argument.
Agreed.

Zero out 50 state legislatures have mandated both:
  • people who have had a personal tragedy in the last x years must wear an insignia sewn to their chest. I'm going to suggest a scarlet letter A. Big Grin
  • LEOs cannot arrest, detain, or ticket people with a scarlet letter A sewn to their chest.

Until then (bwahahaha!!! fat chance of that occurring), you get to ride the lightning and get a trip to jail when you ignore lawful orders from a LEO, drive off from a stop, assault a LEO, and resist arrest.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23282 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Official Space Nerd
    Picture of Hound Dog
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
    The thought that a 65-year-old woman, known to the community as the grandmother of two boys lost in the 2012 Piedmont Tornado, needed to be tased and arrested for not signing a ticket offends common notions of decency.

Really?? That is what we call an irrelevant argument.

Not only is the bit about 'two dead grandkids' irrelevant, but the second part of that line is a complete and total lie. She was NOT tased and arrested for 'not signing a ticket' - she was arrested for disobeying a lawful order, then tased for becoming physically combative AFTER resisting arrest and fleeing the scene, fighting with and assaulting the officer.

Dirtbag lawyer is trying to 'try the case in the media' and make this harpy into some sweet innocent victim. . . Too bad for them they have the video.

Fear God and Dread Nought
    Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21849 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Lost
    Picture of kkina
    posted Hide Post

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
    "First, Eyes."

Posts: 16363 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Too clever by half
    Picture of jigray3
    posted Hide Post
    I think we've ll seen people like her. What do you want to bet she learned nothing from her experience.

I have no doubt she's got an attorney under retainer as we speak.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10354 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Just another entitled senior!!

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Page late and a dollar short
    posted Hide Post
    Granny deserved a ride on the lightning bolt. No sympathy here.

-------------------------------------——————
    ————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8113 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Go ahead punk, make my day
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by arfmel:
    The mouthy old sow had it coming, and I laughed at her too. She’s probably gotten away with acting like that since she was a teenaged girl.

God help her husband.
    Yeah, some poor sod calls her his "SWMBO" no doubt.

Fact - resist arrest and you are getting thumped, grabbed, tazed and maybe shot eventually.

Throughout my 20-30s, I interacted with police about every 2-3 years for speeding, tail-light, etc. Kept my hands on the wheel, kept my responses respectful / factual, even when I wanted to make a point or relay what I thought was important information.

Got a ticket about 1/2 the time, usually kicked down a notch. The other 1/2 the time I usually got a "slow down / fix your car / drive safe".

If a cop told me that my car couldn't be driven until fixed, I'd say yesssir and call a tow to a repair place. Never happened but I'm not going to argue.

The fact that people think they can win in a scuffle on the side of road is madness to me - ESPECIALLY over some minor traffic offense.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of erj_pilot
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by jigray3:
    I have no doubt she's got an attorney under retainer as we speak.
    Refer to previous page about 2/3 of the way down.
    quote:
    Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
    Yeah, some poor sod calls her his "SWMBO" no doubt.
    And I have no doubt her husband has to use that term as an accurate "label", emphasis on the "M". Ain't no joking about it like we do here...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Banned
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by midwest guy:

Boomers, the original entitled Millennials.

Posts: 1801 | Location: Possum Kingdom, TX | Registered: April 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    אַרְיֵה
    Picture of V-Tail
    posted Hide Post
    quote:

Watch your mouth, buster! Wink

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30694 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Freethinker
    Picture of sigfreund
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by maximus_flavius:
    quote:

Our parents saved the world, and we destroyed the Evil Empire.
    If that doesn’t entitle us to something, what does?
    You?

Wink

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
    — Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Banned
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by sigfreund:
    quote:
    Originally posted by maximus_flavius:
    quote:

Our parents saved the world, and we destroyed the Evil Empire.
    If that doesn’t entitle us to something, what does?
    You?

Wink

Obviously doesn’t entitle y’all to drive around with busted taillights.

Posts: 1801 | Location: Possum Kingdom, TX | Registered: April 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    semi-reformed sailor
    Picture of MikeinNC
    posted Hide Post
    I am imagining her husband.....
    Not going to bail her out.....

Hahahahahahahahahahah

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11290 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Nullus Anxietas
    Picture of ensigmatic
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by smschulz:
    Yeah she was stupid but still a little over the top for the force. Frown

Agree with the first. Disagree with the second.

She refused to sign the ticket, then refused a lawful order, then instigated a pursuit, then physically resisted arrest. I think the officer performed admirably.

quote:
    Originally posted by BlackAgnes:
    I get that she deserved it. I guess I am putting it in this reference:
    What if it were my mother?

If it had been my mother (may she rest in peace), the first thing I would've asked her, after bailing her out, would have been "What the frack were you thinking?!?!"

But, you see, my mother would never in a million years have done something so blatantly st00pid.

quote:
    Originally posted by MikeinNC:
    I am imagining her husband.....

Hahahahahahahahahahah

Srsly? Where's that? I missed it. That would be pretty funny Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
    "If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    [quote]I am imagining her husband.....

Hahahahahahahahahahah

Is she married? I would like to learn about the poor emasculated guy. Probably a Walter Mitty type. I have a hard time believing she is capable of a relationship that is not just a one way street.

Posts: 17244 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    semi-reformed sailor
    Picture of MikeinNC
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by ensigmatic
    Srsly? Where's that? I missed it. That would be pretty funny Smile

It’s not in the report, I was just amused about how it might go down

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11290 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    quote:

Hey, I resemble that!!

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post