SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Wordle (word game). Don’t give spoilers! (Please)
Page 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 58
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wordle (word game). Don’t give spoilers! (Please) Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I am going to have to ask you guys to use that word in a sentence tomorrow. I got in four after brute force attack.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21107 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
busted today.

got the middle 3 letters quickly, but too many possibilities for the first and last letter.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 11090 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
4 today

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3604 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Three for me.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21107 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
I am going to have to ask you guys to use that word in a sentence tomorrow. I got in four after brute force attack.

This is the meaning I am familiar with:
Palm Frond

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2159 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
5 today

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 11090 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Steed:
quote:

This is the meaning I am familiar with:
Palm Frond

My first thought as well

Today's in 3

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15977 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, I've never munched on the leaf like structures on palm trees, so that explains why I've never heard this word.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes
Picture of sandman76
posted Hide Post
I learned the word frond from watching Gilligans Island.

Posts: 1966 | Location: Douglas County, Colorado | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
In my case, I had _RON_ in the right place & D in the wrong place, which meant I had _ROND.
Not a lot of other options for words

Posts: 15977 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Three today. They are now requiring you to sign up for an account to see your stats. No thanks, I can live without stats, I don't need junk emails from NYT.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Three today. They are now requiring you to sign up for an account to see your stats. No thanks, I can live without stats, I don't need junk emails from NYT.

You need a junk e-mail account!

Posts: 17944 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
All grey on the first try, then 3 yellows on the next one. Got it on the third try.

Posts: 2159 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:

I don't get any NYT emails & I've been logged in for a long time.

posted Hide Post
Thought it was tough today but still got it in 4. Required the strategy of selecting words I knew were wrong to pick up some new letters.

Posts: 2056 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
6 today, definitely a tougher one with my 2 starters.

Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
Four today. Not an easy one.

Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
50/50 chance and guessed wrong. Four.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3604 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
Should have had it in two.

A rare opportunity, blown by mental sloppiness. Frown

Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
2 today - lucky guess. My average is 3-4.

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6775 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post