SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Donald Trump and Ron DeSantis
Page 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 50
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Donald Trump and Ron DeSantis Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Not enough time in politics, zero federal level experience, he's a great GOV, needs to serve his term out, gain experience and funding.

He's been courted by the RINO and Anti-Trump R contingent with money telling him he can win this, they want Trump gone and will sacrifice DeSantis on the Alter of politics so to speak.

I agree.
DeSantis isn't the problem so much as those who back him.
He should have waited... and should stay as Gov. of FL.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24171 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
Not enough time in politics, zero federal level experience, he's a great GOV, needs to serve his term out, gain experience and funding.

He's been courted by the RINO and Anti-Trump R contingent with money telling him he can win this, they want Trump gone and will sacrifice DeSantis on the Alter of politics so to speak.

I agree.
DeSantis isn't the problem so much as those who back him.
He should have waited... and should stay as Gov. of FL.

Well, he is part of the problem now, being drunken with praises and adoration from all the Trump haters, left and right.

Q

Posts: 26466 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
I'd take him as VP under Trump though, as the head of the Senate he'd take names and kick some butt...

That will never happen now, no way. That bridge was burned to a crisp. Trump has learned some very painful lessons about loyalty, and he will not go back to those who stabbed him- Pence, Christie, Mattis, Barr, and yes, DeSantis.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16725 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Don't mean to widen the thread drift but I'd like to see Kari Lake as Trump's VP.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
^^^ I like her as well.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24171 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
DeSantis is desperate, trying to make shit stick to Trump. Roll Eyes

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis Accuses Trump Administration of Colluding with Big Tech to Suppress Hunter Biden Story

By Jim Hoft | Jul. 10, 2023 1:40 pm

Florida’s Governor, Ron DeSantis, accused the Trump administration agencies of colluding with Big Tech companies. DeSantis said these agencies worked together to suppress a story involving Hunter Biden’s laptop during the 2020 election.

In a recent interview on Fox News “Sunday Morning Futures with Maria Bartiromo,” DeSantis expressed his concerns about what he believes to be a significant issue from the 2020 election.

According to DeSantis, the Trump administration’s agencies were complicit in the suppression of a story related to information found on Hunter Biden’s laptop.

“I look back at the Hunter Biden censorship, which was a huge, huge deal to happen in the 2020 election, and yet those were Donald Trump’s own agencies that were colluding with Big Tech. I would never allow that to happen. I would fire those people immediately,” said DeSantis.

One user responded to DeSantis’ statement, “Trump’s case has always been that career bureaucrats, the intelligence community apparatus, and mainstream media colluded to sabotage his presidency and re-election. I don’t think this attack lands the way DeSantis thought it would and seems desperate.”

According to trial lawyer Robert Barnes, the actual court order specifically determined that the Trump administration was purposely kept in the dark and unaware of the Big Tech censorship by the FBI and others.

“The actual court order explicitly found that Trump administration was deliberately kept in the dark & unaware of the Big Tech censorship by the FBI, etc,” Barnes wrote.

DeSantis’s statements come as he trails former President Donald Trump in primary polls for the 2024 presidential race.

Maria cornered Governor DeSantis on his stalled out campaign.

“I’m wondering what’s going on with your campaign? There was a lot of optimism about you running for president earlier in the year, but here’s this weekend’s headline from the Politico playbook, “FAILURE TO LAUNCH — Florida Gov. RON DeSANTIS’ campaign to topple DONALD TRUMP has stalled.” We are way behind, says a top DeSantis PAC official, sounding the alarm. What happened?” asked Maria Bartiromo.

“Maria, these are narratives. The media does not want me to be the nominee. I think that’s very, very clear. Why? Because they know I’ll beat Biden. But even more importantly, they know I will actually deliver on all these things,” DeSantis said.

Q

Posts: 26466 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Well, he is part of the problem now

Yes he is.

The guy is 100% pure politician. And I don't mean that in a flattering way.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16725 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Tucker Carlson Helps Cull the Republican Presidential Field

If, like me, you find the presidential debate format a rather meaningless exercise, you will be astonished at what one-on-one interviews by a skilled interrogator can accomplish.

At the Iowa Family Leader Conference, Tucker Carlson interviewed several leading contenders for president: Tim Scott, Asa Hutchinson, Mike Pence, Nikki Haley, Vivek Ramaswamy, and Ron DeSantis.

If the participants thought this was going to be another tongue bath, they were certainly surprised. He asked hard questions, and some of their answers exposed their muddled thinking. At least two of them – Asa Hutchinson and Mike Pence -- were clear losers and can now be safely considered out of the running. If you haven’t had an opportunity to listen to all the interviews on the site, I’ll summarize some of the highlights.

Tucker chided Pence for being more concerned about defending Ukraine than with dealing with domestic problems.

Tucker: "Where's the concern for the United States?"

Pence: "That's not my concern. Tucker I've heard this routine from you before. That's not my concern."

Pence tried to duck this gaffe by claiming it was out of context, but the video is undoctored, and the response is clear. I believe his campaign is now dead.

He offered up an extended clip in which he said, "Anybody that says that we can’t be the leader of the free world and solve our problems at home has a pretty small view of the greatest nation on Earth. We can do both.

“And as president of the United States, we will secure our border, we will support our military, we will revive our economy and stand by our values. And we will also lead the world for freedom under my administration. I promise you.”

I don't think his optimism about our present ability to achieve all these ends is shared by many.

Asa Hutchinson was asked if he’d changed his opinion after he vetoed an Arkansas Bill banning transgendering surgical treatment for children. “The bill made what it called an 'exception' for some intersex people with unspecified chromosomal makeup and hormone production, and those with difficulties resulting from previous gender-affirming treatments. It also would have banned ​so-called 'cross-hormone' therapy,​ a gender-affirming treatment that allows for trans people to ​change their physical appearance to be more consistent with their gender identity.”

Tucker noted that hormonal treatment of children created a permanent alteration, as did surgical intervention, and that Hutchinson forbade restricting surgery and cross-hormonal therapy. How did he feel two years later about hormonal treatments? Hutchinson did not offer a satisfactory answer. Probably because he could not. He began by saying “God says there are two sexes,” but then continued that parents have a right to change that. The response was so muddled, it was unconvincing. I mark that as another candidate out of the race.

Tucker was a bit softer on Haley, letting her off harder questions on her hawkish views on Ukraine. She showed a lot of political savvy and poise. Nevertheless, she did not do well on the questions of climate change, and fudged on the question of whether she thought that 2020 was a fair election, deflecting to a plea about achieving election integrity. She said there were a lot of irregularities but didn’t think it affected the results even though she agreed that the Intelligence Community had too much power and interfered with the 2020 election. She displayed great managerial instincts and was great on cleaning out those agencies and the Department of Justice. And she has a record to back this up, which she described. On homelessness, she argued that we need more mental health treatment and major changes to the present health care system. (Certainly, these are valid issues, though I don’t see how that can result in short-term changes.) On climate change, she notes that re the Paris Climate Agreement she was critical of the plan that hampers us while letting the China and India, the major emitters, alone. She argued for energy independence -- it’s “a national security threat,” contending that we need that and a strong military. Haley said she didn’t know who sabotaged the Nord Stream pipeline, which hurt our western allies. As for the White House cocaine find, she said only few people go into that area and surveillance cameras are placed at that spot and called the Secret Service report a “cover-up for Hunter or someone very close to the president.” (The latest of a series of changing reports is that the cocaine was not in the situation room, but outside it. Still, I wouldn’t hold her responsible for an account which has been so rapidly changing.)

She contended that the federal spending is seriously out of control and blamed both parties, noting Republicans doubled down on earmarks all while Americans are in debt and Social Security and Medicare will be going broke and said there was no reason to justify the refusal to release the JFK assassination reports.

Vivek Ramaswamy, a smart, very successful businessman and the only millennial in the race, was very impressive. He began by saying Americans were “Starved for purpose and meaning -- things like patriotism, hard work and family -- and widespread depression, suicide, transgenderism are symptoms of this." We have, he believes, an opportunity to fill that vacuum with more than “race, sex, transgenderism.” We have a “moral hunger,” he claims, and that calls for a turn away from globalism and return to nationalism. He was firm on Ukraine, contending there is no basis to send our military to secure some other country’s border while neglecting our own. He was critical of the support the war has received from both parties, which appear to feel that we have a politically correct war while ignoring the fact that it has actually, among other things, strengthened the Russia-China alliance, which is the worst threat. He offered up his ideas for a negotiated settlement that includes a promise not to add Ukraine to NATO and allows Russia some territory.

Unlike those who blame Trump for the January 6 events, he blames the Biden Administration-Big Tech censorship. "You want to know what caused J6? Pervasive censorship in this country in the lead-up to J6. We were told you could not question where the virus came from. We were told that you could not send a private message to someone on the eve of an election that Hunter Biden's laptop story was true. You were told you had to be locked down, you had to take a vaccine that was mandated while Antifa and BLM roam and burn the streets. That's what caused J6. A cycle of censorship.” Several other striking statements of his seem to me to be of great appeal: “True ‘privilege’ is not based on the color of your skin. It’s being raised in a stable family with two parents with a focus on education and a faith in God. That’s the ultimate “privilege…” “Math isn't racist. But you know what might be? Not teaching black kids how to do math."

Ron DeSantis also came out well in his interview. As governor of Florida, he signed a bill that banned abortion after six weeks and would use the presidential bully pulpit to encourage more governors to pass more restrictive abortion laws. He acknowledged that this must be done by the consensus in each state. As for global warming, he said he concentrated on improving the environment which actually impacts peoples’ lives and that forcing people into electric vehicles is not going to work. Questioned about whether he was concerned that all the immigrants to his state from California and New York would turn his red state blue, he responded that’s not happening, that most of these new residents moved because they opted for freedom, away from “insanity” and toward traditional values.

He chided our government’s foreign-policy leaders, saying we need to concretely define the mission there and, moreover, we must decide what is in our national interests -- our border or Ukraine’s. He was quite adamant about the invasion across our borders, and in particular the need to smash the cartels. Specifically he said we need to focus more on the threat from China, stop providing at our cost blanket security to Europe, end the war in Ukraine, and stop giving Iran a free pass. Asked about his thoughts on the Federal Reserve’s plan to rid us of cash and crypto currency, he said he’d nix any such plan, which he sees as a means to impose a social credit system on this country .As for the Intelligence Community and other agencies which sabotage the Chief Executive, he said he’d immediately name a new FBI director and fill all executive branch positions which do not require confirmation on the first day, and that anticipating media outrage if he did this, he said Article 2 of the Constitution gives the president that power. Furthermore, he would have used that power to fire Fauci and those government employees who colluded in censorship, and that on a case-by-case basis he’d pardon those who were targeted by a partisan Department of Justice.

He added that government censorship on COVID killed people and hurt schoolchildren and without a “major accounting” this “weaponization of government” will happen again. He said the practice of agencies classifying documents to protect themselves, is a big problem, that he would declassify as much as possible, requiring the agencies to meet a high bar to block declassification.

In the time allotted for these interviews, the candidates answered the questions put to them, and there may be more a voter might want to know which remained unasked.

It takes nothing, however, from Carlson’s brilliant interviewing skills to note that this is a far better method of letting voters know about the candidates, than what is ridiculously called “debates” -- kick lines of large numbers of contenders, predictable questions from biased moderators, followed by short, often obviously scripted responses and one-line sound bites. No serious candidate should continue to participate in them and no intelligent voter should bother watching them.

https://www.americanthinker.co...sidential_field.html

-rduckwor

Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
^^^
Interesting! Thanks for the info!

Posts: 6632 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
DeSantis never answers a question, but sticks to rehearsed points. Not a single question is answered, despite Carlson asking specifics on Ukraine three times. WATCH:

Tucker Carlson & Ron DeSantis Full Interview | Banking, Censorship, and Life

-rduckwor

Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Here on the left Coast the libtards are terrified of DeSantis. I sit silently when they chatter to get some insight into delusional political thinking. The left doesn't think Trump has a chance of winning with the democrats, independents and never-Trumpers too numerous for Trump to defeat. The left worries DeSantis would carry every republican and a significant chunk of the independents and defeat the Biden/ Salad-mouth Harris ticket. Personally think DeSantis is done if he can't raise money at this early stage. Hard to tell where this will end up with Biden's dementia surfacing one a week on camera. How long can Doctor Jill Biden keep him away from microphones and babbling nonsense like "where am I?"

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1566 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I live in Florida. So my thinking might be skewed. I voted for Trump and will vote for him again if he's on the ticket. I feel Trump did a terrific job and the only President better than him might have been Reagan. That being said Trump is his own worst enemy. He needs to keep his EGO and mouth in check, his twittering pissed off a good amount of his followers, some even switched. Desantis has done a great job here, I think he would make a great President as well, and he talks, acts and speaks like a President, without the crudeness. I honestly feel that Desantis would carry more voters.

But what do the voters know, the puppet that is in the white house now, speaks like a complete bumbling idiot and tons of people voted for him (and I also believe a good amount of fake votes as well).

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
The path for DeSantis requires that all the candidates behind him and Trump quit and endorse DeSantis.

Believe this is the Rino/Anti-Trumps plan, to keep DeSantis campaign going until the others drop out from lack of votes and financial support, at that time we'll see how much closer the race will be once DeSantis becomes what people see as a viable contender for the nomination.

Trump sits atop the polls but that could change with a two man race and tons of money moving to DeSantis.

Will it happen, who knows, but as many pro Trump people as there are, there are just as many who can't stand the man,

For a second term Trumps going to have to find a way to court those on the fence...

Posts: 23568 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by abnmacv:
The left doesn't think Trump has a chance of winning with the democrats, independents and never-Trumpers too numerous for Trump to defeat. The left worries DeSantis would carry every republican and a significant chunk of the independents and defeat the Biden/ Salad-mouth Harris ticket.

The left is too fucking stupid to come up with anything that make sense, because they are scared shitless of Trump.

DeSantis is not doing well with Republicans, his campaign has been faltering in the last few months, his announcement giving him zero boost. Trump is the 800 lb Gorilla, nobody can touch him, Democrat or Republican, in a fair honest election. DeSantis has his own problems right now with donor dissatisfaction in his polling, but mainly the lack of overall enthusiasm his campaign and his personality generates. It has come to a point, you now have guys like Rupert Murdoch, who used to be bullish on DeSantis, now calling him a loser. Or that donors are now losing their patience, looking at Tim Scott as the guy to build up to go against Trump. DeSantis is becoming less relevant each passing week, don't be terribly surprised to see another candidate to replace him as #2 in the Republican race in the coming months.

quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
I feel Trump did a terrific job and the only President better than him might have been Reagan.

That being said Trump is his own worst enemy. He needs to keep his EGO and mouth in check, his twittering pissed off a good amount of his followers, some even switched.

I am sure there are those that would rather have a Doctor with a good bedside manner rather than being a good Doctor (smart, experienced, competent).
Rest in Peace.

Posts: 22941 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am sure there are those that would rather have a Doctor with a good bedside manner rather than being a good Doctor (smart, experienced, competent).
Rest in Peace.

The two are not mutually exclusive, you can be both, Trump can be magnanimous, but, his base wants hard core Trump.

He can do both and take it all without any worries of ballot box stuffing ...

The press though won't let you see that side though, and Trump uses it to keep the base excited.

Posts: 23568 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
This is premature, of course, but it's not nothing, either.

Funniest remark in the clip is talking about the possibility of Vivek Ramaswamy debating Kamala Harris if Trump chooses him for the VP slot. "It would be like clubbing a seal." Big Grin

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107715 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
I live in Florida. So my thinking might be skewed. I voted for Trump and will vote for him again if he's on the ticket. I feel Trump did a terrific job and the only President better than him might have been Reagan. That being said Trump is his own worst enemy. He needs to keep his EGO and mouth in check, his twittering pissed off a good amount of his followers, some even switched. Desantis has done a great job here, I think he would make a great President as well, and he talks, acts and speaks like a President, without the crudeness. I honestly feel that Desantis would carry more voters.

But what do the voters know, the puppet that is in the white house now, speaks like a complete bumbling idiot and tons of people voted for him (and I also believe a good amount of fake votes as well).

Jimmy, I feel much of the same way. While I think Trump would continue to do great things if reelected, he's is own worst enemy. If he's the R candidate, he'll have my vote. But do think Desantis would excel in the office as well without the Twitter distractions.

P229

Posts: 3845 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You're not going to change Donald Trump, and he got elected in 2016 being just as brash as he is now.

This stuff about how you wish Donald Trump was still Donald Trump, but a Donald Trump tailored to your liking- it's pointless and old. Either you accept the man as he is, or you do not, and if you do not, you're just SOL.

Ron DeSantis is not going to be the nominee, nor Pence, nor Ramasamy, nor anyone but Donald Trump, and the man will be true to himself, which makes him unlike the career politicians who do everything they can to ruin this world.

Posts: 107715 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ron DeSantis is not going to be the nominee, nor Pence, nor Ramasamy, nor anyone but Donald Trump, and the man will be true to himself, which makes him unlike the career politicians who do everything they can to ruin this world.

From your lips, to God's ears.

Fox News will keep doing all they can to pump up DeSantis but it's not working:

Casey DeSantis hits back at 'Walmart Melania' criticism: Will not back down'

-rduckwor