SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    It's hard being Paul Pelosi this year.
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 31
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It's hard being Paul Pelosi this year. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Wouldn't it be a hoot to find out that Nan hired a crew to rough hubby up a bit, to get the sympathy vote?

Exactly my thought sir.

Posts: 2224 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
If he really wanted to get Nancy's attention he would have taken that hammer after her 12k refrigerator.

Posts: 7653 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GOTSIG
posted Hide Post
Folks, help me understand how the third in line for succession does not have full time security at home.

====================
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." THOMAS
JEFFERSON

Posts: 889 | Location: Maine, U.S.A. | Registered: August 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As a friend used to say maybe she is just not that important.

Posts: 17531 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
When you have a well designated line of succession…wether number three or four gets knocked off, it’s no biggie…they know who’s next in line…

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11476 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GOTSIG:
Folks, help me understand how the third in line for succession does not have full time security at home.

This was her San Fran home and she was in Washington.

Posts: 2007 | Location: DFW Texas | Registered: March 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The better question would be how come the Supreme Court Justices do not have Secret Service protection.

Posts: 17531 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Because Paul is just, you know, the millionaire liberal democrat down the street while Nancy is in WDC with Uncle Joe. Nothing to see here folks. Move along, I'm just like you. Well, last night he found out he doesn't have some kind of protective force field from the nut cases, drug addicts etc that make up the majority of downtown SFO and he might want to pay for some security while in the city.

Paul, head back over to St. Helena. Then you only need to worry about the CHP after a few drinks.

Posts: 1480 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Probably not going to be driving for a while. Lucky for him Oxycontin goes really well with a few fingers of bourbon, so as long as someone keeps him stocked, he'll be pretty happy for a while.

Posts: 17675 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I would expect that a person of her level in the Federal Government would have a security detail for herself, and her home when it was occupied, and likely when not occupied to prevent family or property from being targeted. Seems like someone was asleep at the switch.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38249 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jtedescucci
posted Hide Post
I know the 2nd Amendment concerns firearms, but refresh my memory: Doesn't the 3rd Amendment have to do with hammers? I am REALLY interested to see how the libs connect this attack to firearms. But whatever the weapon you can be sure that the libs will TRY to use this attack to separate us from some more of our freedoms.

"...we have put together I think the most extensive & inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics." - Joe Biden

Posts: 3043 | Location: AC/Clarksville | Registered: February 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
The bio’s say the Pelosi's have over a hundred million net worth.
She’s a very controversial figure and they would seem to have the dough to pay for the parts the government doesn’t provide.
Seems a bit odd that he would just be home alone and totally unprotected.

Posts: 9834 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rocket72
posted Hide Post
Sounds like some Ed Buck stuff and Grinder call up fella wasn't having it anymore. Oh well I'm sure it will all come out..

Posts: 1537 | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Dude was in his underwear at 2am and bypassed security for #2 to be president. Also remember Paul has a passenger when he crashed his car in Napa that was never named.

Gay lover and Paul had a spat and got caught. Very simple.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 8019 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
The leftist media will paint the attacker as a right winger...that's inevitable...wouldn't matter if Bernie Sanders had did it.

Posts: 2050 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
All this does is emphasis the rampant crime in our cities, a topic the democrats are desperately trying to avoid right now. At least that's my take.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic:
All this does is emphasis the rampant crime in our cities, a topic the democrats are desperately trying to avoid right now. At least that's my take.
This incident will neither help nor hurt either political faction. People will say whatever in public, but when they get in the voting booth, the idea of the "sympathy vote" vaporizes and they vote as they desire.

Posts: 109166 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Seems new info reveals a 3rd person answered the door for police showing at the Pelosi house.

"In an evening update, San Francisco Police Chief William Scott provided more details on the sequence of events in the attack on the husband of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi. Scott said when officers arrived at the home they knocked on the front door and “the door was opened by someone inside,” though he didn’t clarify who that person was. Officers then stood at the threshold and watched as Pelosi and another man struggled over control of a hammer. They shouted for both men to drop the weapon, but the intruder wrestled the weapon away and hit Pelosi in the head with it at least once, Scott said. At that point, the officers ran in and tackled the man."
https://www.cnn.com/politics/l...ul-attack/index.html

Here is a Tweet with audio of the dispatch call, seems "RP" knew the name of the guy ("David") and was "a friend".

Me thinks Nancy is using a lot of favors in regards to this incident.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17196 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 34642 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
^^^ Well, Yes...
Biden basically says Trump's fault:

Biden connects shouts of “Where’s Nancy?” to J6:

Biden cites Jan. 6 riot chant as he condemns 'despicable' attack on Paul Pelosi

The president, speaking in Pennsylvania, called on Americans to “clearly and unambiguously" stand up against political violence.

There’s reports “that the same chant was used by this guy that they have in custody that was used on January 6, the attack on the U.S. Capitol,” President Joe Biden said at the annual Pennsylvania Democratic Party’s Independence Dinner.

President Joe Biden on Friday called out the “despicable” attack on House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s husband, Paul, directly tying the attacker’s words to rioters’ chants during the Jan. 6 assault on the Capitol.

There’s reports “that the same chant was used by this guy that they have in custody that was used on January 6, the attack on the U.S. Capitol,” Biden said during an impassioned speech at the annual Pennsylvania Democratic Party’s Independence Dinner, where he and Vice President Kamala Harris were campaigning for Pennsylvania’s Democratic nominees.

The perpetrator’s shouts of “Where’s Nancy?” during the home invasion early Friday morning echoed the chants of pro-Trump rioters who searched the Capitol’s halls for the speaker in a bid to stop the certification of Biden’s 2020 victory.

“This is despicable. There’s no place in America. There’s too much violence — political violence — too much hatred, too much vitriol,” Biden said. “And what makes us think one party can talk about stolen elections, Covid being a hoax, [that it’s] all a bunch of lies, and it not affect people who may not be so well balanced? What makes us think that it’s not going to alter the political climate? Enough is enough is enough.”

https://www.politico.com/news/...-jan-6-riot-00064097

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24641 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post