SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    It's hard being Paul Pelosi this year.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 31
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It's hard being Paul Pelosi this year. Login/Join 
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
From the article: They were both holding a hammer?

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17195 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
quote:
Both were holding a hammer. The suspect pulled the hammer away from Paul Pelosi and violently attacked him with it.
He gonna be Thor.
It seems to me
That Mr. Richard C
Has been extra-fun-nee
This past month or three

Wink

Posts: 109165 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scuba Steve Sig:

...because crazies don't vote...

They do. And they often elect their own to office.

Posts: 16208 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
quote:
Originally posted by Scuba Steve Sig:

...because crazies don't vote...

They do. And they often elect their own to office.

They can't when they are locked up in a padded room. Or I guess its alot harder for them to, the vote canvassers probably aren't allowed into those facilities.

Posts: 2605 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
The unhinged assailant used a hammer to nail Mr. Pelosi.

I know, I know, tacky, since Mr. Pelosi’s ball peen blood after his mauling.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32053 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While poor Paul is getting all this coverage, how many average every day folks were assaulted we’ll never hear about?

Posts: 806 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is amazing how the media claims he will make a full recovery after getting hit in ht head at least once with a hammer and now undergoing brain surgery. Sure if he has a small subdural hematoma but who knows. He will certainly experience some degree of anxiety and poor sleep for sometime to come.

Posts: 17530 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The "full recovery" claim was made early on by Nancy Pelosi's office.

posted Hide Post
ok thanks

Posts: 17530 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
It is amazing how the media claims he will make a full recovery after getting hit in ht head at least once with a hammer and now undergoing brain surgery. Sure if he has a small subdural hematoma but who knows. He will certainly experience some degree of anxiety and poor sleep for sometime to come.

“Facing the prospect of Mrs. Pelosi coming home to care for him, Mr. Pelosi was placed on suicide watch and is reported to be working with federal investigators…” Smile

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32053 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Skull fracture. Ol' Paul is lucky to be alive.

I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
I can't believe we're this far in and no one is taking about how we need responsible common sense hammer laws...

Posts: 4448 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
I can't believe we're this far in and no one is taking about how we need responsible common sense hammer laws...
Oh, that's because it's old, tired and not funny. Smile

Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
The man who attacked Nancy Pelosi's husband Paul with a hammer early Friday morning is a former nudist from British Columbia who has struggled with drugs and posted crazed COVID conspiracy theories, anti-Semitic rants, racist slurs and unhinged screeds on religion online.

Police said they arrested hemp jewelry maker David DePape, 42, after he broke into the Pelosis' $6million San Francisco home in at 2.27 am in his underwear and beat 82-year-old Paul Pelosi with a hammer while shouting 'where's Nancy'.

Cops say were at the property in the exclusive Pacific Heights neighborhood when they saw the suspect grapple with Pelosi, take the hammer and then hit him with it, causing severe head, arm and hand injuries.

When they arrested Depape, they found a manifesto that contained anti-government COVID beliefs and a list of other politicians he planned to target, KTVU reported.

Pelosi was taken into surgery to repair a skull fracture after the attack but is expected to make a full recovery, while DePape is in custody and set to be charged with multiple felonies including attempted homicide.

President Joe Biden called the attack 'horrible' and Republican and Democrats condemned the violence as the House Speaker rushed from DC to San Francisco to be at her husband's side.

DePape grew up north of the border but moved from British Columbia to California 20 years ago. He followed a love interest, his stepfather told CNN, and family members have insisted he was a 'good kid'.

He ended up in the Berkeley area, an ultra-liberal enclave of the city, where he lived in a three-bedroom Victorian flat with famed nudist activist Gypsy Taub and a group who believed 9/11 was an 'inside job'.

A November 2008 article in the Oakland Tribune reported that he had ‘three small children’ with Russian-born Taub. She was quoted in the article on community meals saying: ‘In Russia, where I am from, people share more, and I want my kids to grow up knowing sharing.’

Taub and her fiance Jaymz Smith tapped DePape to be their best man at their nudist wedding in 2013, but he stayed dressed and took photos during the ceremony that attracted a huge police presence.

An acquaintance of his told CNN that DePape was struggling with hard drugs about eight years ago but was 'trying to create a new life for himself.' She said she cut off contact with DePape after receiving 'disturbing' emails in which he sounded 'dangerous' and 'out of touch with reality.'

His social media showed he posted conspiracy theories about the origins of the covid epidemic, about the validity of the 2020 election, and on the January 6th insurrection on Capitol Hill.

He first began posting on a blog titled ‘God Is Loving’ in June 2007 with rambling screeds about religion. He stopped posting for 15 years – then suddenly started again on August 24 this year with racist, sexist, anti-semitic and crazed entries about the Q-Anon conspiracy theory. A Right winger, yeah sure..not

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10378 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
I've got a similar feeling as when Harry Reid got beat up by his gym equipment.

I wonder if anybody would mind if I put this bumper sticker on Princess Pelosi's limo, or Paul's Porsche: "Privilege Made Me Complacent"

I'm reminded of a line in Dirty Harry:

...anybody can tell I didn't do that to him.

Chief : How?

Harry Callahan : Cause he looks too damn good, that's how!

Posts: 7643 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
got to be a ton of security cameras in that neighborhood which might provide some hints. At least a Ring doorbell or two.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 11106 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are they ever together.

Posts: 4010 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
Are they ever together.

Frequent separation is the key to a long and happy marriage.

At least in their case.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30952 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/28...si-attack/index.html

Paul Pelosi was able to call 911 at the start of the attack, according to a law enforcement source and another source familiar with the matter.

Pelosi managed to keep the line open and the dispatcher could hear a conversation in the background, according to the law enforcement source.

Pelosi was talking in code, said the law enforcement source, providing enough detail so that the operator overhearing it could understand that there was something wrong. At the same time, Pelosi seemed to be trying not to make it obvious to the intruder that he had an open line, the source described.

The source said the dispatcher could hear Pelosi speaking about what was going on and dispatched police to check on the house.

The struggle with Pelosi was captured on a police body-camera as police came through the door to intervene, according to one of the sources.

Jenkins confirmed the call, telling Burnett: “It is really thanks to Mr. Pelosi having the ability to make that call, and truly the attention and the instincts of that dispatcher to realize that something was wrong in that situation and to make the police call a priority so they got there within two minutes to respond to this situation.”

Police have been able to speak with the suspect, who suffered “some minor injuries” during the incident, Jenkins said.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

saw a video that said the assailant was 6'2" 250#

The man who assaulted Paul Pelosi tried to tie him up “until Nancy got home,” according to two sources familiar with the situation. When the police arrived, the assailant was saying he was “waiting for Nancy.”

“the suspect pulled a hammer away from Mr. Pelosi and violently assaulted him with it. Our officers immediately tackled the suspect, disarmed him, took him into custody, requested emergency backup and rendered medical aid.”

https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/28...si-attack/index.html

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
A homeless drug addict. Shocked, I tell you.

If Paul had kept a gun around for home defense instead of a fucking hammer, he wouldn’t be undergoing brain surgery.

None of this looks good for Democrats, but by God, they’re gonna spin it. Covid conspiracist, Qanon and anti-Semite plays better than homeless dirtball hippie on meth… if you’re a leftist or a total moron.

Posts: 17675 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post