SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    More LGBTQ insanity.
Page 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... 53
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

More LGBTQ insanity. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BOATTRASH1:
xd45man, that was in Crestview?? Eek

In Jay at a farm. I feel uneasy about naming the farm as otherwise, it was a great day.

Posts: 797 | Location: Crestview Florida | Registered: July 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sgalczyn:
quote:
Originally posted by xd45man:
I felt uneasy about it, especially since we were at the pumpkin patch and there were kids running around everywhere. I suppose the patch is protected by the first amendment, but it offended me. If I were wearing a Jesus is King shirt, I suppose it would have offended him.
I guess it comes down to manners.

Correct me if I am wrong - but I thought 1A protection only applies when a government entity is involved - ie Feds, "state/city" schools,agencies, etc - may not infringe. But a private individual is under no restriction to honor some freaks 1A rights and may aptly apply an old fashioned "Lee Marvin" punch to the mouth of said individual.
There may be other charges or complications but freedom of speech was not one of them.

Am I correct in my reasoning?

You could pick a fight, but I tend to avoid falling victim to FAFO, especially with my kids.

Posts: 797 | Location: Crestview Florida | Registered: July 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Agreed with kids in the vicinity - but in the wild it's game on!

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4653 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
I just finished my company's annual anti-harrassment training and the "Gender Identity" section; otherwise, known as tranny values was the longest section of the training, not really surprised. Mad

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4358 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
xd45man. Understood on not naming the farm. Wouldn't want you to. It's not their fault some clown is walking around with an obscenity on their clothing.
Best to just ignore people like that.

Posts: 1289 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xd45man:
I could use some thoughts on this.
In public, an alleged gay man had a fanny pack that had princess stickers on it and a patch that read "Show me that butthole." I felt uneasy about it, especially since we were at the pumpkin patch and there were kids running around everywhere. I suppose the patch is protected by the first amendment, but it offended me. If I were wearing a Jesus is King shirt, I suppose it would have offended him.
I guess it comes down to manners.

If it were overt enough that pre-pubescent kids would likely see it, it is obscene. My theory is that kids over about age 13 already have seen and heard everything, so they aren't going to be corrupted if they happen to see that patch.

Mostly I would have moved my younger kids away from the guy. No need to have to get into a conversation with your kids about what that patch means.

But it may have been worth mentioning to the manager at the farm that someone is walking around with offensive obscene material on their clothing. Idk what their policy might be, but I would leave it up to them to deal with the guy. I think there is a good chance the guy was looking for confrontation and, perhaps, to try to win the lawsuit lottery.

Posts: 9726 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Fuckin' whack job. Utterly insane. Big Grin

https://twitter.com/stillgray/.../1713551540135576027

Aye vunder vat zits prblemnz ist. Zat ist notz gutz Germanz. All I could picture were the Germans from Hogan's Heroes talking.

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1130 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 109047 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13069 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
What happens when a strict Muslim (or other strongly religious) person refuses to accept calling a guy a gal or doesn't want to share a bathroom with them? Does a current administration policy trump the 1st amendment or does the Constitution win?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21107 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
In such an instance, the person who is not beheaded prevails.

Posts: 109047 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Sure, why not? Razz

https://twitter.com/ACTBrigitt.../1713946355142410752

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe id="twitter-widget-1" scrolling="no" src="https://platform.twitter.com/embed/Tweet.html?dnt=true&embedId=twitter-widget-0&frame=false&hideCard=false&hideThread=false&lang=en&theme=&id=1713946355142410752" style="position: static; visibility: visible; width: 550px; height: 576px; display: block; border: medium; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-image: url('https://codejanitor.azurewebsites.net/embeds/bgmessage.png'); background-position: center 20px; background-size: 300px; overflow: hidden;" title="Twitter Tweet"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Well it does for some reptiles… maybe they just don’t quite understand “the science”.

https://embryo.asu.edu/pages/t...termination-reptiles

Posts: 2162 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
The city of Orlando removes property from the tax roles and uses taxpayer money to buy it!

Pulse nightclub property to be purchased by the city of Orlando and turned into a memorial.

https://www.wfla.com/news/flor...after-mass-shooting/

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...050018905#1050018905

Posts: 8671 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That article has already been removed.

Here is another source:

Posts: 13069 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That article has already been removed.

Here is another source:

WOW! They sure scrubbed that one fast!

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...050018905#1050018905

Posts: 8671 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
All kinds of WTF here.

Posts: 1537 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27513 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Approaching ludicrous speed (from twit). . .

50 year old man who identifies as a ‘girl’ competes in swimming competition against 13 year old girls.

“Melody Wiseheart, 50, who identifies as a girl was able to use the girls lockerooms to change and swam against nine 13-14 year old girls during the competition held near Toronto, Canada.”

Very strange times.

Posts: 3578 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Mad

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39229 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post