SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What’s your favorite coke/pop/soda?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What’s your favorite coke/pop/soda? Login/Join 
Picture of SeaCliff
posted Hide Post
Ginger Ale and Cherry Pepsi.

Posts: 1894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: October 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I don't know how all you guys drink diet/zero soda, it tastes awful to me. Maybe I'm just sensitive to it but all artificial sweeteners just have something that makes whatever it's in taste like crap.

I think there is some truth to the sensitivity theory. Remember the experiment in HS Biology where each student put a piece of PTH paper on their tongue? Some thought it was no different than a clean sheet of paper and others found it intolerably bitter. That is due to specific genetic differences. I've never actually seen a study that would prove the same for aspartame, but I wouldn't doubt it.

BTW: I drink Diet Coke

That may be true. I really dislike all the artificial sweeteners. They all taste metallic to me, and that taste persists for hours. I don't know if I perceive them differently from others, but I can't take them.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Went to a week long school in Philadelipha mid 1980's. Hotel had a Franks soda vending machine.
Spent a lot of my travel money trying all the flavors. They were all good, especially the black cherry and cream soda

No longer made Frown

Settle for a good root beer now.

Posts: 1198 | Location: Moved to N.W. MT. | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Big Red or Grapette

Make it count

Posts: 1413 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: November 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig operator:

1919 Root Beer is spectacular!
https://www.1919rootbeer.com/

Available in areas colored:

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16225 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig operator:
Went to a week long school in Philadelipha mid 1980's. Hotel had a Franks soda vending machine.
Spent a lot of my travel money trying all the flavors. They were all good, especially the black cherry and cream soda

No longer made Frown

Yes Frank’s was good stuff

The black cherry was called Black Cherry Wishniak

Posts: 33819 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
At home, mostly home brew iced tea w/ some sugar. Coke for proper consumption of burgers, dogs, and pizza. Most of my mixed drinks as well.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2009 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I don't know how all you guys drink diet/zero soda, it tastes awful to me. Maybe I'm just sensitive to it but all artificial sweeteners just have something that makes whatever it's in taste like crap. I'd sooner drink tap water than a diet soda if that was all there was to drink.

My case it’s a Triglyceride issue. My cholesterol numbers are good but the other one not so much. It’s been a struggle since my X3 CABG in ‘98.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8110 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I'm boring... Diet Coke.

Occasional 7-up or Sprite, or Root Beer

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post