SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    For all forum members: An email exchange I would like you to read
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For all forum members: An email exchange I would like you to read Login/Join 
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
This board has always been supportive of LE. In fact, this is the most respectful of LE gunboard I know of.

I cancelled my membership on the Carolina Firearms forum. Very anti cop over on THAT board. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RoverSig
posted Hide Post
The guy sounded like a knucklehead. Doesn't know how to act or talk.

Was he up to something sneaky? Maybe. A long time ago I put a cheap gun (S&W SD-9) up for sale for $250 on a local board and someone offered to buy it, sight unseen, for something like $450, if he could do it right now and dispense with the need for an ID check or CCW permit (this in the days before my state required a FFL transfer for all firearms sales).

I told him no of course - I realized later that it was probably some convicted felon from the state next door or maybe the ATF. I should have called it in to LE, but was so surprised and baffled that I didn't think to do that until too late. Point being there are sneaky people on the internet hanging around gun forums.

I think we all pretty much support LE. That doesn't mean we support them without thinking, or that we automatically accept everything they do as being right. But in general, they are the good guys, and we know it and appreciate them.

Posts: 1597 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: June 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
"SIGforum supports law enforcement and we will not tolerate anyone who views police as an impediment." ~ Para (2017)

As a retired LEO with 38 years working the streets of a large city ( 750,000+ residents, larger when including commuter workers) ... I have felt welcome and supported in Sigforum.

Further more, Sigforum is the only gun forum I participate in, as I feel Sigforum meets all my needs. Thank you.

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
One of my covenants in life is to question authority.. .with that said, every time I have encountered an LEO I have been polite and shown them respect and they have done the same to me... even when I got arrested 40+ years ago for being stupid. Anyone that lurked here for a day or two would be able to tell that this forum and its members respects law enforcement officers.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well now:

DHS tracking reports of potential truck convoy in America amid Canada trucker protests

The banner you see at the top of the page, supporting the Canadian truckers, went up the evening of February 1st. On the morning of February 2nd, this DHS employee attempted to register and was denied. That afternoon, he contacted me.

Initially, I thought nothing of it, made no connection, but now, it seems this may be more than coincidence. In order to use the search function of this forum, you must be a member.

I guess I'm an insurrectionist. All it took was one little picture. Imagine that.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107611 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Wow

Posts: 7458 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
...and color me surprised...... N O T !

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16223 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It very well could be a coincidence. As I've indicated, there's not a gun discussion forum in this country which is not monitored to some degree by certain federal agencies, and they can and have registered from non-government networks in order to go unnoticed. But, it's possible that this gent didn't expect the degree of scrutiny his registration attempt would receive and thought perhaps that his location at time of registration would go unnoticed.

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Well, shit. Feds again. Might as well spill the bananas...

My real name is Bear. I'm gonna have to give Billie Joe a call and see if he still has that big ol' red Kenworth cabover.

Time to jam some gears. Come on back...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43886 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I do own a truck, but its not a semi. I haven't blocked any traffic lately and I'm not near any US border. I do, however, have no qualms about using my horn.

I'm indifferent on the subject of bouncy houses and Canadian conga lines.

posted Hide Post
“I don’t believe in coincidence.” Retired, Lt Joe Kenda TV host.

I still think you caught a rat.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
There are no conspiracies, but there are also no coincidences.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3969 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
There are no conspiracies, but there are also no coincidences.
There are both conspiracies and coincidences. The difference is that coincidences occur far more often than conspiracies are hatched, and also, conspiracies are sought out by bored or paranoid minds. This is why you see me stepping on almost all the whacko conspiracy theories which show up in this forum, so, don't get cute by trying to suggest I believe there are no conspiracies.

The attempted coup against Donald Trump during his campaign and election and during his presidency is a prime example of an actual conspiracy. Unlike this, though, most conspiracy theories are preposterous crap fabricated by drama queens or paranoiacs.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Picture of bare bones
posted Hide Post
That you took the time to speak to him in clear and explicit language on more than three occasions defines your patience with him. I believe he would not have been able to pass a minimal mental agility test and chew gum.

I have spent my life in the military and law enforcement and now, at 85, I do not suffer fools easily. It is good for all of us that you are the keeper of the gates.

"Only the Dead Have Seen an End to War" Plato.

Posts: 1199 | Location: South Rome, Illinois | Registered: December 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't read all of the posts but just in case no one has said it yet " Thank You Para" for the crap you put up with!

Posts: 1273 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Notice in his email how he goes to "you're anti-government."

That's not exactly correct, but if I were anti-government, I happen to be an American citizen, and though that seems to matter less and less to the federal government these days, I have Constitutional rights. Among these rights is the right to express my displeasure and even disdain with the government. They need to be sure and let us know when that becomes illegal. Until then, this kind of shit doesn't help.

His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
^^^ You just made me realize how can you be anti government when you recognize the US government is a government of the people, by the people, and for the people.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19664 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Notice in his email how he goes to "you're anti-government."

That's not exactly correct, but if I were anti-government, I happen to be an American citizen, and though that seems to matter less and less to the federal government these days, I have Constitutional rights. Among these rights is the right to express my displeasure and even disdain with the government. They need to be sure and let us know when that becomes illegal. Until then, this kind of shit doesn't help.

Izzat you in all those sovereign citizen videos you post? Wink

Posts: 13264 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
What’s a good used tractor going for these days? Just needs to be able to haul ass and flags.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
It makes me wonder if you prevented him from stealthily registering which meant he had your attention. That meant he couldn’t play his fed games and provoke confirmation bias from the membership. That may have been an assignment. Since the cat was out of the bag, he played kamikaze hoping to provoke you and confirm his bias. Had his intentions been honest, you patiently gave him every opportunity to join. But it doesn’t seem like membership was the primary directive.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29703 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post