SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    For all forum members: An email exchange I would like you to read
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For all forum members: An email exchange I would like you to read Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
It didn't happen.

It did in his head.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20844 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Good day to you as well. I have just been accepted by two sites. I asked people to
critique our conversation and they are amazed."

Oh yeah. uh huh. right.
what a tool

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Good day to you as well. I have just been accepted by two sites. I asked people to

Bullshit!

Posts: 6634 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
>>>>> Cliff reincarnated? <<<<<

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30733 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

As a mall cop looking for his first responders' discount - while smoking dope Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14041 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

As a mall cop looking for his first responders' discount - while smoking dope Wink

..and making tampon angels. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16255 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I will fear no evil..
Psalm 23:4
posted Hide Post
I have found Para to be very supportive of all LE over the years in many ways. In this particular, unfortunate incident, I don’t think this guy was registering for work related information. If the government or local LE for that matter were looking in an official capacity they would be doing it from a clean/UC computer and network.

Posts: 947 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Yeah this guy is a winner. Sounds about as honest as my HR rep, who knows I won’t meet them without a third party present.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9163 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The significant thing about his claim is that he thinks that any reasonably intelligent person would buy it.
Particularly anybody who's spent any time on web forums. They would know most sites don't look kindly on such posts.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
I mean, had he actually lurked here for a short bit and read the forum, he would see that there are a LOT of LEO, city, state and fed that populate this forum...

And furthermore, that this place is one of the last places on the internet that hasn't gone full on anti law enforcement, the opposite in fact.

Weird.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
This exchange reads like it was written by an arrogant high school summer intern with dreams of being an agent, and they think they've gone where no agent has thought of.

Posts: 7483 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
The last email I got from him (immediately after my last email to him) said, in part:

Uh huh. He registers for two forums, and as the greenest of FNGs on those sites, he tells his sad tale, and people are "amazed."

Wow, that all happened so quickly and smoothly, huh? Just like that, he's in and bitching and people are not treating his anecdotal claims with reasonable suspicion. No, they jump right in and they are "amazed."

There's horse shit, and then there's horse shit, and I'm here to tell you- that's horse shit. Come on.

I'd email him a link to this thread (an actual thread, and not some face-saving fantasy) but then, that would just get him started again. Besides, I imagine he's already seen it.

Ain't that right, redacted?

Read what he said.
quote:
I asked people to critique our conversation and they are amazed.

I bet they are amazed.

Amazed any FNG on their site would ask them to critique that conversation. As in “I’m amazed this dipshit doesn’t drown in the rain.”

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31485 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This thread should be saved as a perfect example of how NOT to de-escalate a situation.

I thought LE were trained otherwise.

Posts: 268 | Registered: September 12, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
Reading this reply from the guy brought to mind the teaser links to videos/sites, etc. with headlines like

"The internet is amazed by this one weird trick the government doesn't want you to know about."

Sounds like horseshit to me.

quote:
The last email I got from him (immediately after my last email to him) said, in part:

Posts: 4130 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
This part got my attention:
quote:
… Is this rule inclusive for this site or is other gun forums also controlled by you? …

Horrendous grammar aside, it’s weird because at one time you did run other gun sites but, if I remember correctly, SIGforum is the only one you run now. How and why did this person know this, albeit outdated, piece of information? My suspicion meter pegged right there.

Posts: 45394 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MrToad
posted Hide Post
If in fact as others have pointed out the person should not have been using a DHS network for personal use (which he should have known), that fact and his attitude does seem suspicious.

Moreover, were he registering from his cell phone, it seems like it would have been a simple thing to disable wifi and use his T-Mobile cell network to change the source network.

In any case, there's a bit of an entitled attitude to his responses, and probably a wiser fellow would realize that Para as site owner may in fact be operating in the interests of his members...not as "threatened" but simply wary. Especially since virtually all content can be VIEWED PUBLICLY not like there's any nefarious hidden items here.

When I registered here over 10 years ago I initially thought the registration process unduly restrictive, until I got a better perspective on how irrational people, whether civilian or in government can be towards gun owners. The rationale behind Sigforum's registration requirements makes sense in the current climate.

If you like religion, laws or sausage, then you shouldn't watch them being made.

Posts: 3342 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: April 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I can see how the first email exchange got misinterpreted .... but it all goes down hill after than and it is all on the guy applying... even I could read and understand Para's replies....

How many times does Para have to repeat something for an idiot to get it.... I guess too many.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
And furthermore, that this place is one of the last places on the internet that hasn't gone full on anti law enforcement, the opposite in fact.
I have to be careful to not take your statement literally. After all, there are internet forums which cater to law enforcement officers only, and those places certainly are not anti-police.

Discounting that, are you telling me that other gun forums are anti-police? I realize that many gun forums prohibit any political discussion, but of those which do allow such discussion, it seems to me that those places would be overwhelmingly pro-police.

I ask this question in all seriousness, because though I frequented other gun forums in the past, I ceased doing so quite some time ago, so, I'm curious about the current climate of such places. Would anyone care to comment?

Posts: 107740 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

This part stood out the most to me. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I didn't wake up one day and say 'I'm going to go join every gun forum on the interwebz.' I lurked. I read. I joined the one that had the information I was looking for and also had a wide range of other topics that could be of interest to me personally. I joined that ONE when I had a specific question to ask, I even didn't feel the need to join until that point because, as has already been stated, you don't need to log in to read any content!

It's clearly a lie. A ridiculous lie at that.

Posts: 516 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I ask this question in all seriousness, because though I frequented other gun forums in the past, I ceased doing so quite some time ago, so, I'm curious about the current climate of such places. Would anyone care to comment?
I frequent a lot of other gun forums and I don't see any anti Police tendencies as a whole . There's always " that guy " that had a bad encounter with a cop and paints all of them with a bad brush . Usually their attitude can be tied to something that happened that affected THEM .

Posts: 4070 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post