SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    What did you do today in reloading-land?
Page 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 98
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you do today in reloading-land? Login/Join 
Picture of 98XJRC
posted Hide Post
Sat down at the bench for maybe 45 minutes and loaded probably 150 124gr 9mm. I never really noticed it before loading 300 blackout but my carpal tunnel in my left hand was really starting to hurt by the end. I don't know if it was due to the projectiles being small or cautiously turning the shell plate to prevent powder spill that did me in. Either way I ended up pissed at myself and wishing I had an automatic bullet feeder. I'm really starting to consider a 650....

Posts: 782 | Location: PA  | Registered: December 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
Picked up 3k SPP for $45. Big Grin

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 98XJRC:
Either way I ended up pissed at myself and wishing I had an automatic bullet feeder. I'm really starting to consider a 650....

Have you considered the RCBS Pistol Bullet Feeder Die Kit? It's a whole lot less money than a "real" bullet feeder. Mine works great on my RCBS Pro2000 Progressive. Too bad RCBS doesn't make this to work with .223 bullets... Frown

http://www.midwayusa.com/produ...cm_vc=ProductFinding

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bought 500 SPP at a small gun show in Dale City, VA and loaded 70 .38 Specials and 200 .40 S&W. All with Tula primers and WST powder.

Posts: 332 | Location: Capital of the Confederacy | Registered: January 24, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Unloaded about 80 rounds at a match today.

Have to empty them before I can reload them. Wink

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Still working on my load development for my 308; so shot a bunch of 168 Amax and SMKs with varying results...but I am consistently getting sub-MOA results with 42grs of RL15 with the Amax.

This morning, up at 0530, took the dog for a ride, came home and brought his bed downstairs so he could keep me company while we resized/deprimed some 308 and 223.

Posts: 181 | Registered: September 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Sized 63 pieces of 308 to round out my box back to 100. They are in the tumbler right now, I'll load them up this afternoon. That will leave me 200 rounds of 308 for the sigforum shoot on 5/2.

Although, there's also a shoot coming up this next Saturday here.. Might have to load more. Lol

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
Slapped out 50 380 100gr FMJs so we can shoot the Cheetah at the Cockatoo ranch. It's nice having a bin of primed, sized, and expanded rounds, my sorry ass loaded 50 on my single stage in about 20min. I know that's not break-neck speed, but it's acceptable to me considering that just saved me about 12 bucks at the minimum.

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Loaded up the last 250 40 Cal bullets I had on hand today.

Now its time to bang out the 1,000 rnds of 9mm I need for a class at the end of May and the 1,000 rnds of 9mm I need for Nationals in August.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
Prepped some 2wice fired .308 Lapua cases to load up for the "Sigforum Cheesehead Shoot"

Scored a couple pounds of H110, and 2K of small pistol magnum primers.

Prepped some .357mag brass so I can load some nice 158gr LSWC for the same extravaganza.

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by entropy:
Prepped some 2wice fired .308 Lapua cases to load up for the "Sigforum Cheesehead Shoot"

Scored a couple pounds of H110, and 2K of small pistol magnum primers.

Prepped some .357mag brass so I can load some nice 158gr LSWC for the same extravaganza.

.357mag? Bring it! Your wimpy little .357mag has nothing on my 10 mirrimeter! Big Grin

Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
Gonna do up 15gr of H110 under a 158gr LSWC. That should be a good start...

"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
15gr?! That's a lot of boom! I've got rifles that use less powder! Big Grin

Steel banging
beer snob
Picture of jlemmy
posted Hide Post
Trying to get everything ready for the Wisconsin shoot. Cleaned and trimmed a whole bunch of Win Mag brass. Loaded some 350gr., 400gr. and 500gr. bullets for the .50 Beowulf. I'll show you guys what can be done to a bowling pin Big Grin

Happiness is having to climb in your car to change your target.

Posts: 2469 | Location: Nowhere Fun | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
After I loaded my .357 magnums, I tore the work room up looking for my 8mm data from sometime in January. Spent a whole afternoon freezing my bootocks off getting chrony data. Now I cant find it!!!!

Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
After I loaded my .357 magnums, I tore the work room up looking for my 8mm data from sometime in January. Spent a whole afternoon freezing my bootocks off getting chrony data. Now I cant find it!!!!

Any luck yet? I never shot an 8mm, was looking forward to trying one out! Smile

posted Hide Post
Tumbling a few hundred 5.56 FC cases that were primer crimp removed and OAL trimmed over the winter. They were Re-loaded for the 1st time and shot last weekend. The tumbler is about 25yrs. old Dillon FL-2000 and still works fantastic. I load W748 under 55gr. Rem. SPS.

Time to go Craft some more ammo, Maybe some .45ACP today. That stuff is like meditation on my RL-550B

Posts: 194 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: May 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by exx1976:
quote:

Nope. No luck. It might be up in MI somewhere on the workbench or something. It wasnt much...just about 20 chrony outputs from 196gr ball ammo. Figured it would give us some basic data past 300yds without having to guess too much. Ive only had it out to about 225yds on steel. You'll have plenty of opportunity. I will bring at least a few hundred rounds. Its basically a 30.06. Fun to shoot. Old school. Steel buttplate. Big Grin

Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by exx1976:
quote:

Nope. No luck. It might be up in MI somewhere on the workbench or something. It wasnt much...just about 20 chrony outputs from 196gr ball ammo. Figured it would give us some basic data past 300yds without having to guess too much. Ive only had it out to about 225yds on steel. You'll have plenty of opportunity. I will bring at least a few hundred rounds. Its basically a 30.06. Fun to shoot. Old school. Steel buttplate. Big Grin

I'll bring a slip-on recoil pad. Big Grin

Picture of blueshep
posted Hide Post
Cleaned, deprimed and sized my 45/70 brass anticipating finding some Hornady Leverevolution powder and FTX boolits!

----------------------------------------
NRA Lifetime Member

Posts: 1467 | Location: Northeast,Ohio | Registered: November 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post