SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Classic songs from the 60's and 70's
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 16
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Classic songs from the 60's and 70's Login/Join 
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
I had to delete one recent song as I overlooked it was already posted, hard to get thru all these pages to see if there's a repeat. I did see that Gustofer and TMats did post a couple of Beach Boys but just cannot forget this one from the Ole' days

This message has been edited. Last edited by: just1tym,

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
I didn't see Yes, mentioned in all the picks.

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 759 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
Here's a few more from those days:

Heavy Music (Pt. 2) by Bob Seger and The Last Heard

Traces by The Classics IV

Just A Little by The Beau Brummels

Green Grass by Gary Lewis & The Playboys

I'm Your Puppet by James & Bobby Purify

Ain't Gonna Lie by Keith

1-2-3 by Len Barry

Cool Jerk by The Capitols

Little Girl by The Syndicate of Sound

She's About A Mover by Sir Douglas Quintet

My Little Red Book by Love

Psychotic Reaction by Count Five

I Go To Pieces by Peter & Gordon

With Pen In Hand by Bobby Goldsboro

My Pledge of Love by Joe Jeffrey Group

Don't It Make You Want To Go Home by Joe South

Little Green Bag by George Baker Selection

Louie Louie by The Kingsmen

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 759 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hot Fuzz
Picture of Turbo216
posted Hide Post
My favorite from Three Dog Night

Hater of fun since 2001!

Posts: 585 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: January 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bushpilot
posted Hide Post
Lost my LP of Tony Bennett. Trying to find a copy of his song that went like this "Soon it's gonna rain I can feel it, soon it's gonna rain, rain pell mell, and what will I do with you" Loved that song. I was in the army from '67 through '89, mostly overseas in 3rd world countries and missed a lot of the culture of that era. Enjoy this thread though, thank you!

****************************************************W5SCM
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution" - Abraham Lincoln

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go" - Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1143 | Location: Little Rock, AR | Registered: January 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bushpilot:
Lost my LP of Tony Bennett. Trying to find a copy of his song that went like this "Soon it's gonna rain I can feel it, soon it's gonna rain, rain pell mell, and what will I do with you" Loved that song. I was in the army from '67 through '89, mostly overseas in 3rd world countries and missed a lot of the culture of that era. Enjoy this thread though, thank you!

quote:
Originally posted by bushpilot:
Lost my LP of Tony Bennett. Trying to find a copy

Hope this helps:

https://www.amazon.com/Many-Mo...nnett/dp/B00CXN3U36/
https://www.amazon.com/TONY-BE...ecord/dp/B00Q7D1VMK/
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.htm...ODS+OF+TONY&_sacat=0

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Many pages ago I posted a video of The Doors, “Riders on the Storm.” This morning, I saw a video lesson on Robby Krieger’s guitar parts on the song “LA Woman.” The lesson started with, “Go listen to the song.” I did.

This video seems to have been created by the same person who did the first one. Film of Jim Morrison in a Shelby Mustang, some random film of Morrison, and a live performance. Woven into the video are scenes from the movies Bullett and Vanishing Point. Pretty cool.

LA Woman

Posts: 13237 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
The Flying Burrito Brothers
Live at Altamont 1969 .

Posts: 1551 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bushpilot
posted Hide Post
Thank you Bald 1 for that post!

****************************************************W5SCM
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution" - Abraham Lincoln

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go" - Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1143 | Location: Little Rock, AR | Registered: January 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13237 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
My college ice hockey team would skate out onto the ice to this song. Loved it since.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_2D8Eo15wE

Posts: 2332 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
You’re welcome

posted Hide Post
Back to the top for a GREAT THREAD~

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So many great songs from this gifted musician, so I’ll just drop Stevie Wonder’s Superstition here.

Posts: 3475 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5643 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
And let's not forget the great Bay City Rollers. Big Grin

Yep, corny as all get out out, but dang they had a few good ones.

And any of us who grew up in rural America with one AM station will remember dedications to your sweethearts. Big Grin

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
And, of course ABBA. Dancing Queen, among many other great songs they had. And I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Damn you YouTube!

This one came up too.