SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
Been picking up some heavy OT this month, plus some birthday $$$ and I sold a Walther P22 that I hadn't shot in years...saving on the side for a new gun for off-duty carry. My current off-duty is a 12 year old P239. Not enough booolits and heavy for what it is.

City told us yesterday that we are getting a $700 bonus this week. Money saved from last year's belt-tightening.

I justified spending some of that saved money for a shiny Glock 19, blue label. $460 out the door. Smile Smile Smile

I bought my first Glock, and it's replacing my first Sig Eek

Darth says you'll sell mo' things to buy more Glocks.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12636 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheFrontRange:
Just returned to Glockdom myself. Picked up another Gen4 G26 to replace one I'd traded out of about a year ago (and had been missing since).

The 26 may just be the perfect Glock for me.

I think the G26 just might be the perfect Glock for anyone. Outside of shooting my G17 for IDPA, my other Glocks never leave the safe.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

What the hell took you so long? Wink

I came on with a P-226 DAO, Damn thing still shoots like a laser! But, I'm a .45 fan, so after I got off probation, I went to a P-220. GREAT gun, Nice, balanced, fits my hand with the Hogue rubber grips, accurate, easy to shoot (Not a fan of DAO, but it's Department guide lines)... Then the DAK's came out. Even better! Easier on the trigger, still accurate etc...,

Then "D-Day", more accurately "G-Day"! The day the CPD could carry Glocks. Big Grin

For me, it was simple math:
8+1 vs 13+1 of 220gr?

I'll take 13+1 any day. And haven't looked back since Wink

I still have my Sigs, and shoot them every once and a while, but I carry a Glock every day!

***I feel that I need to warn you that the habit does get worse!***

I started with a G-21, so why not get the G-30 for back-up / off duty?!?

Then I picked up a G-17, just because it's cheaper to plink with a 9mm than a .45. That led me to a G-19, because, well... why not?

Did I tell you I've always liked the RTF? And someone on the Forum just happened to have one for sale, yep... got one of those too.

Now Mrs. CPD Sig is wanting a gun for concealed carry, and the G-43 just happens to fit her hand, and well, I cant let her have one without getting one for myself, so there's going to be 2 more in the safe real soon.

Like a Junkie...

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8345 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
quote:

What the hell took you so long? Wink

Realizing your ask in jest...but Back when I got into pistols I despised Glocks. Mainly because of the grip angle. Torn between Sig and HK, I bought the 239 first, then a USP in .40 (which I greatly regret selling).

In 2012 when I went to plainclothed gangs I was issued a generation 4 Glock 23. I was worried that I wouldn't like it. I LOVED it, more than any pistol prior. When I had to give it up to come to my new dept, I knew I'd have another eventually.

Now...I'm debating selling the P239. It's my only gun in .40, I don't plan to qualify with it again next year, it only holds 7 boolits....etc.

I probably won't...it was my first handgun.

I've sold so many of the handguns I bought when young and single (kids, divorce, etc.) that I'm down to the P239, my Kahr PM9 that is my backup, a S&W Model 36 (prelock) that sits in the safe, and now the Glock.

Ugh...thinking about all the guns I've sold makes me sad. Walther 22, 2 1911s, .357 snubbie, HK USP, Sig 226 Navy (original), 870 Marine Magnum...and more.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RANGER20:
"I probably won't...it was my first handgun."

In your own words... Smile

^ Yep...

I've bought and sold a lot of firearms with no regrets.
But in after thought, I wish I would have kept my first.
It was in 1996 I bought a Berreta 92.
Much like this one...

I never shot it well, blamed it on the gun, and traded it in on a P229.
That was when I was dumb enough to trade a gun in to an LGS.

I'd keep that P239 chongosuerte.
If you want a little fun with it, buy a 357sig barrel for it.
You can use your 40cal mags.

In the end (and to follow the thread), I sold a few Sigs to buy more Glocks... Big Grin

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Unless financial situation requires it, or you bought a Jennings, I recommend against selling your first firearm / pistol.

I still have my first, a SIG P220 / 45 ACP. It certainly spoiled me for quality in firearms.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Back when I got into pistols I despised Glocks. Mainly because of the grip angle.

The first semiauto handgun I bought, I was contemplating a 226 or a G19. I bought the SIG because it was like they used my hand for the model for the grip.

I have carried a Glock now for over 15 years and the SIG sits in the safe.
I still love that 226 and would go to WAR! with that handgun if needed but the Glock gets the nod for carry these days. Wink

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:

I'd keep that P239 chongosuerte.

I would, also.

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KMitch200:
The first semiauto handgun I bought, I was contemplating a 226 or a G19. I bought the SIG because it was like they used my hand for the model for the grip.

I have carried a Glock now for over 15 years and the SIG sits in the safe.
I still love that 226 and would go to WAR! with that handgun if needed but the Glock gets the nod for carry these days. Wink

Thats the problem when you start out with a great piece ...

My first pistol ... that I bought with my own money was a Glock 21 ... I liked it but it was too spartan for my taste (and too big for carry).

As I've grown older tho, I've come to the conclusion that Kimber's, SIG's, HK's and the like; are fine firearms and like you said, I would carry one into battle ... however for everyday wear and tear ... and in the event I actually have to use it to defend myself or family ... I'm sure it will be taken into evidence, someone will use an electric pencil to engrave it with the required information and it will get thrown into a box with who knows what ... it certainly won't get cared for the way I would care for it ...

So my decision was to carry a Glock (19 or more recently a 43) which is more or less impervious to the elements of daily carry ... and if I had to use it and it was confiscated for evidence, I can live with a $500 pistol being scribbled on with an electric pencil much easier than I could with a $1100 Kimber CDP ProCarry or SiG C3 ...

Not to say that I don't take care of the Glock's, but if the worst should ever happen I'd likely continue carrying that Glock (if I got it back) even with the pencil etching as it's value to me is that of a hammer ... a tool for a job, unlike the Kimber's, SiG's and HK's sitting in the safe that I bought as a treat ... or for use for special occasions ... like a soldier and his dress blues and presentation sword.
(that's a little over the top, but just to make a point)

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I screwed up today by letting both of my Glocks out together at the same time and my wife actually noticed. "You have two of those square guns?" So I had to fess up. Otherwise she never would have known the difference between my G21 and new G19.

Posts: 2485 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
^^^
They multiply too... Wink

Posts: 5499 | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Been picking up some heavy OT this month, plus some birthday $$$ and I sold a Walther P22 that I hadn't shot in years...saving on the side for a new gun for off-duty carry. My current off-duty is a 12 year old P239. Not enough booolits and heavy for what it is.

City told us yesterday that we are getting a $700 bonus this week. Money saved from last year's belt-tightening.

I justified spending some of that saved money for a shiny Glock 19, blue label. $460 out the door. Smile Smile Smile

nice, enjoy, and i am sure it will treat you right

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigwagon:
I screwed up today by letting both of my Glocks out together at the same time and my wife actually noticed. "You have two of those square guns?" So I had to fess up. Otherwise she never would have known the difference between my G21 and new G19.

Sounds like you need to take her to a gun show ... so you can show her what a great investment and how firearms are always in demand and resistant to inflation by maintaining their value ... unlike her shoes and purse's Smile

posted Hide Post
Oh, she couldn't care less how many guns I own, she just wondered when I got it, because it was only about a month ago that I bought my first ever Glock and she commented then about how ugly it was. Normally she wouldn't even ask when she sees me fiddling with them, but I guess the two of them together stood out. Big Grin

BTW, the new one is a mint Gen 2 G19 that I scored off Armslist, my first ever completed deal off that site.

Posts: 2485 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigwagon:
Oh, she couldn't care less how many guns I own, she just wondered when I got it, because it was only about a month ago that I bought my first ever Glock and she commented then about how ugly it was. Normally she wouldn't even ask when she sees me fiddling with them, but I guess the two of them together stood out. Big Grin

BTW, the new one is a mint Gen 2 G19 that I scored off Armslist, my first ever completed deal off that site.

My wife is the same way ... we're a couple of lucky souls!

posted Hide Post
I handled a 23 and 27 again. I haven't bought myself one yet. Still the only one we have is the Wife's little 43.

I will say that I held a 36 today and thought it felt real good in the hand. Maybe, just maybe.

Posts: 814 | Location: IL along the Illinois River | Registered: February 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by swage:
quote:
Originally posted by TheFrontRange:
Just returned to Glockdom myself. Picked up another Gen4 G26 to replace one I'd traded out of about a year ago (and had been missing since).

The 26 may just be the perfect Glock for me.

I think the G26 just might be the perfect Glock for anyone. Outside of shooting my G17 for IDPA, my other Glocks never leave the safe.

Two weeks or so in and I'm reminded regularly of why I liked the 26 so much before. Carries, handles, and shoots extremely well. Now breaking-in a Milt Sparks VM-2 (my overall favorite IWB holster) for it.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6694 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
I'll be back in the fold again on Tuesday when I pick up a used Glock 22 with a grip job and some nice stippling. I do have a question: Does anyone have any experience with ETS Glock mags? I bought a 22-round 9mm mag from Wilson Combat to go with my conversion barrel. For the 17 round mags, I'll stick with Glock, but besides having a see-thru body, I like this one because it's a good middle ground between stock 17 and 33 round mags, and I'm not sure I trust large baseplate extension, especially if i have to do some cutting and pasting on a magazine to get it to work.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DanH,

Posts: 4175 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
I do have a question: Does anyone have any experience with ETS Glock mags?

Agony has had thousands of rounds through his

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/6950043004/p/4

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wives are funny...when I picked up a trio of a 17, 19 and 26, the Mrs. fondled all three, sat the 17 down, handed the 19 to me for CCW and said, "I like this one...I'll consider it mine," as she walked away with the 26. Confused

Posts: 716 | Location: NE Iowa | Registered: October 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post