SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Get out of this thread, troll.

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fatmanspencer:

One day, something witty will come here

Very doubtful.. Confused

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Well I guess we're overdue for a flame out....
My inability to sell a gun once I have it is still the sticking point preventing me from getting rid of my G26...aaaaaand getting a G19 to replace it.

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bent but not broken
Picture of maddy345
posted Hide Post
quote:

If they ever change their grips and length, they may move into the I'll someday get around to thinking about one.

They did change the grip length. They call them Compact and SubCompact.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

God bless the Motor Life Boat and the men & women that run them!

Posts: 3955 | Location: Just out of reach | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
My inability to sell a gun once I have it is still the sticking point preventing me from getting rid of my G26...aaaaaand getting a G19 to replace it.

You need both my friend... Wink
Save up for the G19.. Big Grin

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/2690038804

Watch until they get to pistols and see what is said.

As much as I enjoy hating glock, I actually have tried and do hate them. They feel wrong. Their full sizes hit my hand weird on the pinky, and I dislike anything smaller than full size anyways. If they ever change their grips and length, they may move into the I'll someday get around to thinking about one.

They did change the grip with the gen 4's. In the box is a few back straps and a few beavertails. The beavertails, dramatically changed the grip for me. I use the large beavertails. Great grip for me, pleased. I use to loathe them because I was using them in the wrong caliber with no beavertails. Grip force forced Glock to make their own and they work well for people like me who didn't like the grip angle before. Just enough of a change to really solve that. My first pistol was a 23 a few decades ago now (hated it) and it took the better part of that for me to appreciate them. They are tanks and the accuracy is all on me to master.

That video in that thread from the armorer says so much more than any fanboy, YouTube reviewer, or trainer ever could. There are other pistol platforms that are reliable, but Glock stands at the top of the list for reliability and if you actually did break a part, it's a much more simple process to replace a part and put it back in service. Those parts are inexpensive too. They'll beat you down eventually. This thread is full of them, heading towards 1.5 million views.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12638 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
......They did change the grip with the gen 4's. In the box is a few back straps and a few beavertails. The beavertails, dramatically changed the grip for me. I use the large beavertails. Great grip for me, pleased. I use to loathe them because I was using them in the wrong caliber with no beavertails. Grip force forced Glock to make their own and they work well for people like me who didn't like the grip angle before. Just enough of a change to really solve that. My first pistol was a 23 a few decades ago now (hated it) and it took the better part of that for me to appreciate them......

My experience as well. Only reason I never bought a Glock was the grip size and trigger. Now have a Gen4 G19 and G34. Stock, other than Warren Tacticals and Vickers slide releases. I played with GripForce adapters and all of the Glock OEM back straps. Shot both guns over a period of two years using every back strap.

Ended up using NO back straps. Points and shoots just fine, for me anyway. I found that the guns with no back strap adapters point only slightly high. With the back strap the guns pointed noticeably high for me. This will likely vary by individual shooter based on hand size and grip technique. At normal defensive distances, the higher point doesn't matter.

Regarding Gen4 versus earlier generations, the changes made a BIG difference for me. As mentioned, the earlier grip size was too large. In addition, I never liked the trigger characteristics either. The grip redesign and "dot" connector did it for me. While I will still carry P239, P229 and 1911's, the Gen4 G19 is one of my favorites.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TENWOLVES
posted Hide Post
I agree, the Gen 4 format I find much better than the earlier models, which were like holding a brick for me, and these Gen 4's are very accommodating for fit and comfort, now I own five Glocks where I wouldn't even had thought of having one before they went to the Gen 4....

P226 Scorpion, P225 A-1, P 226 SAO Legion, P229 Legion, P 22O Hunter SAO, P938, P320 full, P 320X Carry, P365 P365 XL. P365 SAS

Posts: 277 | Location: Grant Pass, Oregon | Registered: April 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TENWOLVES
posted Hide Post
Nothing wrong with having both a g26 and a g19, I do, and I use both, IMHO, just saying...GUNS are like trading cards, you cant just have one....but then guns are a passion of mine, always have been...

P226 Scorpion, P225 A-1, P 226 SAO Legion, P229 Legion, P 22O Hunter SAO, P938, P320 full, P 320X Carry, P365 P365 XL. P365 SAS

Posts: 277 | Location: Grant Pass, Oregon | Registered: April 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just ordered up a longer barrel for my g20, Thinking it would be cool to take a deer with it.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
quote:

It's not a matter of saving up, I'm just a tight SOB and I try to resist the "oooooh that looks neat, I'll buy it" mentality. Once it starts it's a tough habit to kick. Wink

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
quote:

It's not a matter of saving up, I'm just a tight SOB and I try to resist the "oooooh that looks neat, I'll buy it" mentality. Once it starts it's a tough habit to kick. Wink

Well then sell your G26 and buy an G19..
Or keep your G26 and stop 'oooohing and aaahing' over a G19.
The only way you're gonna figure out which you like better is to have both, shoot them side by side, and see which one you like better.
I buy and sell what I want with no regrets.
I don't piss about one gun or another on a gun forum because I'm too cheap to explore options..

I'm all over selling a one gun to buy another, I have NO problem with that.
But if it is between 2 guns, I'll buy both and then sell the one I don't want.
Or I'll go to a range and shoot both, considering the crappy condition of the rental gun.

Out of 10 Glocks I currently own, my top 3 (in order) are my Gen 2 G19, Gen 2 G21, and Gen 2.5 G26.
They would be the last to be sold upon hard times.

In the grand scheme of things, I really DGAF what you do........ Eek

Good luck Bro.... Roll Eyes

E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Or split the difference and get some G19 mags and grip adapters and have a G26 and a G19....Kurtz Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Or split the difference and get some G19 mags and grip adapters and have a G26 and a G19....Kurtz Smile

^ that would be a GREAT option... Big Grin

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
lowlife I'm sorry my personality quirk seems stupid to you, it's just the way I am.

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Yep sometimes you have to practice patience, occasionally my LGS has a gun I'd like, but don't really need in the used cabinet, if I can keep my butt out of that store for a week it's usually gone by then....

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
I'd say I'd rather have it and not need it than not be able to get one in the future.

Posts: 2777 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Been picking up some heavy OT this month, plus some birthday $$$ and I sold a Walther P22 that I hadn't shot in years...saving on the side for a new gun for off-duty carry. My current off-duty is a 12 year old P239. Not enough booolits and heavy for what it is.

City told us yesterday that we are getting a $700 bonus this week. Money saved from last year's belt-tightening.

I justified spending some of that saved money for a shiny Glock 19, blue label. $460 out the door. Smile Smile Smile

I bought my first Glock, and it's replacing my first Sig Eek

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
Been picking up some heavy OT this month, plus some birthday $$$ and I sold a Walther P22 that I hadn't shot in years...saving on the side for a new gun for off-duty carry. My current off-duty is a 12 year old P239. Not enough booolits and heavy for what it is.

City told us yesterday that we are getting a $700 bonus this week. Money saved from last year's belt-tightening.

I justified spending some of that saved money for a shiny Glock 19, blue label. $460 out the door. Smile Smile Smile

I bought my first Glock, and it's replacing my first Sig Eek

Awesome and congrats, sir!

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6694 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Just returned to Glockdom myself. Picked up another Gen4 G26 to replace one I'd traded out of about a year ago (and had been missing since).

The 26 may just be the perfect Glock for me.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6694 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post