SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by titus66:
I'm new to the forum, as of about a week ago, so I'm late to this party.

I have to say that I love this place, it's the best Sig forum for sure.

As to the thread topic...I don't own a Glock, and see no reason why I ever would. My Sig 226 has been flawless, along with my Sig 1911, so I don't see that I'm missing out on anything, by not owning a Glock.

There are several guns out there that I'd rather own, like a DW or Guncrafter 1911, Beretta 92, Sig P210, Browning HP, maybe a CZ not to mention a nice DA revolver.

You are indeed a greenhorn of this fine forum.
You might should research whom it is that started this thread on March 18, 2009.
He is bit known around these here parts..

You'll come around in due time.
Don't be afraid to admit you were wrong.
Don't fight what will eventually feel right.. Eek

But I'll agree you do need a S&W revolver of some kind, as well as a Glock... Big Grin

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm new to the forum, as of about a week ago, so I'm late to this party.
I have to say that I love this place, it's the best Sig forum for sure.

As to the thread topic...I don't own a Glock, and see no reason why I ever would. My Sig 226 has been flawless, along with my Sig 1911, so I don't see that I'm missing out on anything, by not owning a Glock.

There are several guns out there that I'd rather own, like a DW or Guncrafter 1911, Beretta 92, Sig P210, Browning HP, maybe a CZ not to mention a nice DA revolver.

You'll get beat eventually. Trust us.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12626 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've never heard of anyone developing a bond with a Glock like with a Kimber, SiG or HK...

You've evidently never lurked around over at Glocktalk, have you?

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nah, I've shot one, a 40, but it didn't 'wow' me. The first gun to do that was a Kimber 1911/45; a rental at the local range. The smoothness of that gun, and how accurate I was with it, not being a great shot, is what lured me to steel/alloy guns, hence us owning a Sig 1911, 226 & M11 A-1, which is my wife's carry gun, once her permit arrives.

She has shot a SA XDS 9mm, G43, SA XD compact, etc. and didn't like them; her most favorite gun to shoot is the big ole 1911!

No Tupperware for us, thanks! Cool

Eek Eek Eek

As penance for your sin...you must read the entire "cat thread" page by page (you DO like cats don't you?) Wink Smile Wink

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10585 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TENWOLVES
posted Hide Post
I think it has to do with the eye candy that SIG KIMBER and HK bring, but don't leave out CZ 75 FNH and Springfield Armory, it's all good, but some just have more appeal than others, Glock will always be the ugly black gun, that goes bang every time you need it too, this is why I need more than just a Glock to satisfy MY PASSION.lol...

P226 Scorpion, P225 A-1, P 226 SAO Legion, P229 Legion, P 22O Hunter SAO, P938, P320 full, P 320X Carry, P365 P365 XL. P365 SAS

Posts: 277 | Location: Grant Pass, Oregon | Registered: April 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TENWOLVES
posted Hide Post
Not owning a Glock is not a bad thing, but for a lot of us guns are our passion, and we look at them like they're donuts, we want one of each, but the bottom line, if you are happy with what you have, that's all that matters, my first hand gun was very special to me, even though it wasn't that great, I got rid of it and moved on to now owning nothing but great guns, and in all brands, so enjoy your gun you need not be as sick as the rest of us LOL...

P226 Scorpion, P225 A-1, P 226 SAO Legion, P229 Legion, P 22O Hunter SAO, P938, P320 full, P 320X Carry, P365 P365 XL. P365 SAS

Posts: 277 | Location: Grant Pass, Oregon | Registered: April 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TENWOLVES
posted Hide Post
You cant go wrong with the G19, G26, or the 43, all are fine guns that are reliable accurate and carry well...IMHO...

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
quote:
Nah, I've shot one, a 40, but it didn't 'wow' me. The first gun to do that was a Kimber 1911/45; a rental at the local range. The smoothness of that gun, and how accurate I was with it, not being a great shot, is what lured me to steel/alloy guns, hence us owning a Sig 1911, 226 & M11 A-1, which is my wife's carry gun, once her permit arrives.

She has shot a SA XDS 9mm, G43, SA XD compact, etc. and didn't like them; her most favorite gun to shoot is the big ole 1911!

No Tupperware for us, thanks! Cool

Eek Eek Eek

As penance for your sin...you must read the entire "cat thread" page by page (you DO like cats don't you?) Wink Smile Wink

Sorry to disappoint ya but, I don't like cats, OR Glocks! Big Grin

I'll just go sit in the corner by myself...

Posts: 198 | Location: SE Louisiana  | Registered: August 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Awwww, even that kitty knows when fangs and razors just aren't enough, you gotta feel the feel, of solid cold...polymer... Big Grin. Some attributes of the Glocks will most certainly Wow you. You'll be sharing these with us soon.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Poo-pooing the Glock while applauding a Kimber....thanks for the laughs I needed 5hat today. Big Grin Some of us wouldn't give a drop of piss for a Kimber. Razz

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12626 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost in the Woods
Picture of NHForester
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NHForester:
Hello. My name is Shaun. I'm 44 years old and my favorite handgun is any pre lock Smith & Wesson revolver. I have only two center fire pistols and they are both Smiths. A 39-2 and a 3953.

Today, I lost my willpower and placed a G19 on layaway at my LGS.

I'm secretly giddy.

The G19 lasted less than 24 hours on layaway. Just long enough for me to figure out what I could live without in the safe.

Now I am content. Well, mostly. Won't get to shoot it until tomorrow.

Posts: 1475 | Location: Newfound Lake, NH | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Hello. My name is Shaun. I'm 44 years old and my favorite handgun is any pre lock Smith & Wesson revolver. I have only two center fire pistols and they are both Smiths. A 39-2 and a 3953.

Today, I lost my willpower and placed a G19 on layaway at my LGS.

I'm secretly giddy.

The G19 lasted less than 24 hours on layaway. Just long enough for me to figure out what I could live without in the safe.

Now I am content. Well, mostly. Won't get to shoot it until tomorrow.

You will love it.

I was a Glock hater for years. Even bought a G21 and got rid of it after a while.

Then one day I decided to sell my P239 and bought a G19 with the money. It just clicked for me; feels like the PERFECT size and balance and capacity. I use it primarily with a TLR-2 light/laser as my bedside gun but it sometimes goes in an IWB holster on me as well.

Posts: 33794 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 875 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: May 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost in the Woods
Picture of NHForester
posted Hide Post
Discussed here: https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/3210048804/p/1

quote:
Originally posted by Sparkyk:
Anyone aware of this?

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/...d-police-department/

Posts: 1475 | Location: Newfound Lake, NH | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

quote:
Anyone aware of this?

Did you read the link? It is talking about the 17M being recalled by the PD.

Posts: 875 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: May 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

quote:
Anyone aware of this?

Did you read the link? It is talking about the 17M being recalled by the PD.

Did you read the link NHForester posted? It's being discussed there and posted on page 5.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
quote:
I've never heard of anyone developing a bond with a Glock like with a Kimber, SiG or HK...

You've evidently never lurked around over at Glocktalk, have you?

No, I like it here where we are free to obsess about more than jus SiG's Big Grin

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TENWOLVES:
<snip>
Glock will always be the ugly black gun, that goes bang every time you need it too
<snip>

That's only reason why I have and carry a Glock ... especially the ugly part Wink if I ever have to use it; I'm sure that whoever or whatever won't care that it's not pretty

quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
Poo-pooing the Glock while applauding a Kimber....thanks for the laughs I needed 5hat today. Big Grin Some of us wouldn't give a drop of piss for a Kimber. Razz

Even tho it's my my screen name (I've been using it since 1997, starting on GunBroker and eBay), I have to agree with you since they started producing a new model almost every month, then the Kimber II's were introduced. I haven't bought one since they introduced the abomination Mad just so they could market them in California

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Btw, this is my first new glock purchase in years. Is btf still an issue or is that fixed in new glocks now?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12717 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Been fixed a while now. Enjoy. Smile

Posts: 17122 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post